Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default One weapon camo at a time. Really, SEGA?

Hey there!

This thread is somewhat a rant, but also to discuss about these new items that we got on last big update. I remember seeing people here complaining about the fact that weapon camos worked the way they work (as "clothes" that you gotta carry on your character), but today I discovered another flaw of this system after buying three of them (the cheap ones) just for the lolz (which didn't end that "lol" at all).

So. You can only equip one camo at a time. Moreover, you can't choose what weapon to camouflate, it changes the apperance of all the weapons of its category you'd be using.

What the actual fuck? Who came up with this retarded system? I don't know other people, but I was looking forward to the zodiac series to equip them all together on my weapons and have a matching set. Or use a couple of them on my class-free weapons, because not only this, but SEGA can't even release a set of regular-looking free class weapons, not, they all have to look like crappy mock weapons.

What surprises me the most is that I didn't see anybody talking about this before I found out by myself this thing. I can't really believe nobody cares about it, so my only guess is that since the only serious weapon camo there is the wand one, not much people got the other ones and tried them together.

What do you think about this? To be honest, in my case it has crushed all my expectations for this system. I didn't really care about having to carry more stuff in the inventory for cosmetic purposes, I even though it was a good idea since at least you didn't have to permanently change the apperance of your weapons for it, but this is seriously the worst idea I've ever seen in the game.
    Last edited by Darki; Apr 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM.

Wait, seriously? I thought that you could choose a skin for each weapon on your palette...

You're not the only one caring about, but your guess is right. I don't like any of the weapon camos so far so I naturally didn't get one.

Bah, the whole implementation just seems like a mess. Which is too bad because weapon camo is an awesome concept that's been done right in many other games.
    Last edited by Gardios; Apr 4, 2013 at 01:25 PM.

It has been 'Said' from the Beginning.

Almost like Clothing.....

So far, the game allow us to use 1 Character at a time.

Basic Math.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Sega has always taken a concept from other MMOs and just fucks it up, why are you surprised?
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

I also haven't tried the camo system yet, as the current camos haven't interested me. But hearing that one weapon camo applies itself to all weapons of the same category is just completely stupid. Why would I even want this ._. I thought the point of weapon camo was to use it on one weapon you didn't like the looks of, not on all weapons in that category, that just doesn't make any sense.

So now it's, two Wands for example, one you really enjoy the looks of and one you hate the looks of. Now to decide if they both should look the same and lose the look of the good looking one, or don't use a camo and stick with the ugly one. Stupid.

As if the weapon camo version SEGA added wasn't already stupid enough, they made it even worse. Only SEGA can manage such a thing.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif

Having it affect every weapon of the same type doesn't bother me if you can take it off. Who actually uses more than one weapon of the same category at the same time anyway?

If you can only have one cammo (as in only a wand cammo and none for any other weapons) then THAT'S bad. Otherwise the thing that really bothers me about this is how limited they're making it. The concept has definitely been done better in other games.

Well, you could have a rare you've +10'd and affixed, as well as another of the same weapon type with 50% element(s) because that's easier to achieve with more common variants.

Or you've got a weak weapon with a really cool skin that you'll swap out against weak mobs or something. Automatic skinning just makes it more annoying.

Although it is better than permanently losing the skin to apply it to a single item, disallowing multiple different skins is pretty dumb. Unless that restriction is only for similar weapon types.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Johnny View Post
    It has been 'Said' from the Beginning.

Almost like Clothing.....

So far, the game allow us to use 1 Character at a time.

Basic Math.
    Different characters can use different clothes. Different weapons cannot. Basic math.

I expected something like Styles on DCUO where when you equip a weapon it bounds with your chara and gives you a style for the weapon type, well...not totally expected to be as easy as that but something similar like trading bound weapons for cammos or paying with excubes/pds or meseta to make a bounded rare weapon transform into a weapon cammo or something like that...

sega :c

I personally would have been fine with a system where you have to sacrifice a weapon to get a camo of said weapon you can apply permanently to a another single weapon. But apparently that's a huge problem... *rolls eyes*

I also thought the system would work in the way that you can make any weapon into a skin and slap it on the weapon ,of the same weapon category as the skin, you desire.
    I was hoping to be able to use things like the little wings weapons and some nacht weapons that way longer or at all :c

But now, I also have to wait until SEGA decides to release weapon camos I like, even though there are weapons I would love as skins already in game.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif