Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gravityvx View Post
    ^I don't really understand why you're bringing up this long speech about nostalgia when the majority of complaints in here have nothing to do with nostalgia, at all. Creating self goals is fine, that was never ever an issue to begin with, in fact that's how it should be. But pretending the game does not need much improvement is kind of silly and would only hurt it in the long run if everyone followed this train of thought. I'm glad people enjoy the game, I want it to succeed, but what I don't want is for them to keep throwing in more fodder maps that look somewhat nice but lack any substance aside from the bosses, as I said before more maps like Darker's Den, throw in more difficulty than there and I'd be happy. Hoping this tower isn't terrible, my last hope right there but knowing sega I won't hold my breath.
    he goes off on a tangent in most of his posts... I also don't think he has a good grasp of what nostalgia even means.

it's just a feeling you get for things past. Nobody 'likes' nostalgia to "feel important" or be a hipster.(WTF?) nostalgia just brings you back to another time.

and yeah nostalgia had nothing to do with this discussion anyway, so I have no idea what he's on about. Most of his posts just confuse me

Fun parties and long PSE's with some rares so now and then gives me motivation to go on!
    Last edited by Du1337; Apr 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM.

^I don't really understand why you're bringing up this long speech about nostalgia when the majority of complaints in here have nothing to do with nostalgia, at all. Creating self goals is fine, that was never ever an issue to begin with, in fact that's how it should be. But pretending the game does not need much improvement is kind of silly and would only hurt it in the long run if everyone followed this train of thought. I'm glad people enjoy the game, I want it to succeed, but what I don't want is for them to keep throwing in more fodder maps that look somewhat nice but lack any substance aside from the bosses, as I said before more maps like Darker's Den, throw in more difficulty than there and I'd be happy. Hoping this tower isn't terrible, my last hope right there but knowing sega I won't hold my breath.
    This has become a thing in the PS community. People say that if it's new it is automatically better, and if you dislike it you are nostalgic.

Nobody really bothers to look up the word, especially not Renvalt. Nostalgia is when you disregard something old's faults and saying it's better than something new, or misremembering something as though it had no or fewer faults, or even just plain saying it was better than you said it was back then. Saying it's as good as you used to back then? Not nostalgia. Saying we should be implementing an older thing's success is...not nostalgia either. Saying you liked something and what it accomplished for its time...not nostalgia. Expressing a preference for a different style of game, such as the difference between PSO1 and PSO2's combat mechanics or map layouts is also not nostalgia.

Remius ranting on and on and on in the bumped comments reeks of nostalgia, but even he has good points about PSO2's flaws.

Calling it nostalgia when someone here says they miss unique weapons, or they preferred PSO1's environments, or they liked partner machines more, or they want battle/challenge mode, or they find this game has less replay value...

Well, it's better than Nexon at this point... right? I mean, they pump out money-grabbing content faster than those plagiarists that just mod a game and call it "original" (I won't mention names, but it should be pretty obvious which group I'm referring to).

I'm not denying the fact that certain things need improvement, although perhaps because I'm not as good as you are that I have the right to appreciate the game as it is now.

I mean, I'm not a soulless Ensidia-tier leetfreak whose only purpose is to grind to endgame, then beat the hardest content for sponsorship dollars (I'm not calling you all those things, btw, but some just ring a tad more true).

And it's funny - every time I bring this up, you want to silence me like my opinions are coming from some mentally annoying brat who (justifiably) has a problem with how you see things.

But EVERY FUCKING TIME, it's "Sega do this", "Sega do that", or "Sega wash my back". Stop acting so entitled. I'm not demanding Sakai to do everything that I want, like some pseudo-Stalin wannabe.

I too wanna see variety. I have ideas as well - doesn't mean that they'll be taken up, but expressing them is something I have the right to enjoy. Every time I try to, though, it's "Kill him! He's speaking his mind! He's the fucking devil!" like I'm guilty for even uttering a single word!

Whatever. The bottom line is: I play this game because nothing else has appeared to sate my interests.

@Gigawuts - Maybe. The internet has twisted the definition of the word, like it does to almost everything else that surfaces on it.

I'm not saying that "new" is automatically better. Hell, the new Devil May Cry is shit - I don't like that it officially became one-part HotD Overkill Homage, one-part Twilight wannabe, and one-part American propaganda machine (although that last one is hit or miss, tbh).

With that said, the same could be said for old things being left in their state. I'm all for respecting classics, but to say someone isn't allowed to recreate it is just.... well, it's wrong.

Pros and cons exist in everything. That's not going to change. But even *I* can spot a terrible game from miles away (CoD, WoW, Scarlet Blade, MapleStory, DmC, SFxT, etc).

It's one thing to bash when something is intentionally done wrong despite advice to the contrary, but bashing a game for ONE element that doesn't really take away from the game is just stupid.
    Last edited by Renvalt; Apr 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM.

Renvalt people want to silence you like people want to silence the schizophrenic yelling about microphones in his teeth.

It's because what you say is fucking crazy.

Go buy a dictionary, for all of our sakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Well, it's better than Nexon at this point... right? I mean, they pump out money-grabbing content faster than those plagiarists that just mod a game and call it "original" (I won't mention names, but it should be pretty obvious which group I'm referring to).

I'm not denying the fact that certain things need improvement, although perhaps because I'm not as good as you are that I have the right to appreciate the game as it is now.

I mean, I'm not a soulless Ensidia-tier leetfreak whose only purpose is to grind to endgame, then beat the hardest content for sponsorship dollars (I'm not calling you all those things, btw, but some just ring a tad more true).

And it's funny - every time I bring this up, you want to silence me like my opinions are coming from some mentally annoying brat who (justifiably) has a problem with how you see things.

But EVERY FUCKING TIME, it's "Sega do this", "Sega do that", or "Sega wash my back". Stop acting so entitled. I'm not demanding Sakai to do everything that I want, like some pseudo-Stalin wannabe.

I too wanna see variety. I have ideas as well - doesn't mean that they'll be taken up, but expressing them is something I have the right to enjoy. Every time I try to, though, it's "Kill him! He's speaking his mind! He's the fucking devil!" like I'm guilty for even uttering a single word!

Whatever. The bottom line is: I play this game because nothing else has appeared to sate my interests.
    yeah I legitimately don't know what you're talking about 99% of the time.

I think gigawuts is right about needing a dictionary, you seem to namedrop buzzwords without even knowing their definition.

that along with switching subjects mid-sentence, makes your posts confusing to read.

BITCHES DONT KNOW BOUT MY 'RURU KNUCKLES X3 Merumeru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    because we all played this just a month like you right
    haha oh wow
    art thou 4 real
    XD Waah? Oh no, I can totally understand your frustration having played this for what, like a year now and not having had much to do on it for so long XD its a universally accepted MMO truth that if one hits max level and has nothing to do, then the publisher is a fail or something like that? X3 All I said was that I'm enjoying myself because I'm not there yet with the rest of you guys <3

Well, not like I'd EVER be there actually XD even when i hit max level in a game and mystically or inevitably find myself bored, I might actually like, I don't know, DO SOMETHING ELSE.
    Last edited by Merumeru; Apr 9, 2013 at 11:30 AM.

Alrighty Gigawuts, you wanna be a fucking British Imperial Despot, go ahead. Resort to personal attacks all you fucking like.

Sometimes I wish there was a poster blacklist of some kind, so I didn't have to listen to your bullshit.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

Don't tell him

Wow this thread has really devolved, I can't even tell what you guys are arguing about anymore.