Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile How to become better Tech support for pso2

Tip: Please share your knowledge what is the best solution for others.
    Please don't not flame or rage on there opinion and knowledge just state your own knowledge and help other with these question and answer

Question: how become great tech support on solo mission and team group mission for pso2

1. how can I support my team mate? its there way around it ?
    2. how can I make better buff for my team mate ?
    3. how can I perform debuff to help my team mate ?
    4. I want to become a acrotecher from Phantasy Star Universe can it be done on pso2 ?
    5. its there a faster casting for my ability as a techer support ?
    6. what kind of skills tree should I aim for ?
    7. what kind of PA skills should I get ?
    8. what kind of mag should I need focus on to be better teacher support
    9. what kind of weapon and unit should I need to become good techer support ?
    10.what kind of stats I should focus on ?
    11.what are the useless thing I should not worry about or not be wasted ?
    12. Once I advance to my subclass what kind of 2nd class should I focus on ?
    13. what is my limit of casting for my skills ?
    14. PSO2 don't have revive spell what should I do ?
    13. My buff level is max out but don't last every long how can I make last longer ?
    14. My debuff not working what should I do ?
    15. how can I limit my resta casting ?
    16. its okay to spam my resta or not ?
    Last edited by JCGamer; Apr 9, 2013 at 02:50 AM.

I'm going to cut this short.

Support is not a viable play style in this game. if you focus on support you're not really helping your team. It's fine to cast buffs when people are nearby, but trying to focus on buffs and healing actually reduces team efficiency.

Best support skills:

Zondeel (draws all enemies into a single point for very fast kills)
    Megiverse (everyone in the field heals themselves as they attack. This can be far more effective than resta)

1. see above.
    2. techer skills can increase buff strength, but the skills barely do anything and aren't worth getting.
    3. see above.
    4. No, not really.
    5. Wands have the slowest casting animation in the game so they should be avoided. Aside from that, the only techs that actually can get a speed increase from skills is fire. This does make shifta faster.
    6. Check my build thread.
    7. You can get Gunslash PAs if you want, but you shouldn't be using them.
    8. T atk only.
    9. Rod or talis. Wands are a horrible casting weapon.
    10. Don't take any stats in your skill tree, but all of your mag stats and affixes should be focus on T atk. This will make it easy to equip stronger weapons and increase the effectiveness of resta.
    11. dont focus so much on support that you're not attacking. Forces are the best class for AoE in the game and are also very effective against bosses.
    12. I assume you're a force. if you want to get better support abilities you will want to sub as a techer. If you ARE a techer, I suggest subbing force.
    13. Buffs max at 1 minute. All 4 pulses have to hit or this time will be lower. A skill is coming out this week that will change this, but we don't know how yet.
    13a. Not sure what your question is.
    14. There are no debuffs. Jellen and Zalure don't exist.
    14a. Bring moons...?
    15. Use megiverse
    16. No, it's not.

If you really want to go full support and nothing else, which I'd strongly advise against. Main ranger and sub techer. You can get weak bullet and jellen bullet as a ranger which are the closest things you can get to debuffs. As a techer you get buffs, healing and better PP regen. Your damage won't be great though and your techs will be worthless outside of support which aside from resta dont depend on base tech power(or tech power at all).
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

I'd like to suggest and alternative support build, since buffing and debuffing are not very effective--much to my own rue and chagrin.
    If you want to support your teammate really well, I would suggest making your character a Gunner/Hunter. In other words, focus on becoming a hate machine(being best able to distract enemies from your teammates). That's the best way to support another player, especially a fighter who can get more damage out of hitting monsters from behind using Wise Stance.

Build your Mag with a lot of R-ATK(maybe some S-DEF if you think you'll be close enough to the enemies to be getting knocked around a lot, or R-DEF and T-DEF as well if you think you'll get shot a lot with ranged or technic fire).

In your secondary Hunter skill tree, try to max out War Cry, and maybe Iron Will, as well as maybe more S-DEF. This way, you can be kind of a tank and be able to defend yourself against hard hits. You might want to invest in Guard Stance if you're not confident in your ability to dodge. It'd make you more Tank-y... but if you Invest more points into Fury Stance, you'll be able to dish out more damage, and thus more hate/monster attention.

MAKE SURE TO USE WARCRY AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN.

In your primary Gunner skill tree, get the weapon gear, and max out Showtime. Being that you're going to rack up a lot of hate this way, you might also want to max out your R-DEF.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...b00000ib00000f

This is a fun kind of build, and I believe one like it is posted in SocialTyrannosaur's build thread, but in order to get the most out of it, you have to actively, constantly approach the enemy and using Warcry right in front of them, and them spraying them down with your showtime-boosted machine gun gear. This might be best with bosses...

That said--According to most, it might be better to support to your teammates by making a great DPS build because it will cut quest time more significantly than any kind of build focused on the support skills available.

Ideally you'd want enough R def to equip Vardha units. You should probably not go much further than than into defense stats.

Anyway I assume they want to sling techs, hence my Ra/Te suggestion.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

you dont need Gu or Hu to get hate. i get plenty just from tossing around zan. wich perplexes me actually. it mostly occurs on enemies where the zan would pass through them then hit them again on the return trip. i frequently find myself tanking chrome when i shouldnt be because much stronger classes are in the party.

i actually gave up on supporting others and focus on supporting myself thus i sub Fi. its actually easier to support people with stars and sols...

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

If you want a Tech Support, your main class should be Techer with at least Wand Gear, Shifta Critical lv 1 and Deband Cut lv 10. These skills are your true toys and it really helps teammates. When i was a TE support, people was thankfull because they weren't expected of these buffs. Of course, support builds should be played with friends and/or teammate who knows your playstyle.

About your subclass, there are 3 choices for your tech support which varies of your playstyle:

1. FO: A FO subclass can help you about dealing damage in techs. Furthermore, Charge PP Revival can mainteance you more time casting while you do your techs. Don't forget of spending SP in Element Weak Hit because for magic is a nice help.
    2. FI: A FI subclass is a help for your Wand Gear. You buff both damage types, Physical and Magical Damage. Furthermore, if you combine Chase Advance, Chase Bind and Element Weak Hit with the right element of your wand, you can make a very useful melee support too, making possibility of binding enemies with your melee attacks. You're interested in supporting your teammates, not making damage.
    3. HU: A HU subclass is nice if you want a heavy armor, spending your points in Guard Stance and Flash Guards. If you don't wand Guard Stance because S-ATK penalty for your Wand Gear, you can spend SP in Iron Will for critical cases, but not really a necessary skill...

That's it

Oh, and don't forget that you must inflict status for helping guys too.

Greetings.

Well like people say above, most MMOs support classes have two roles.

1) Help fasten up the grind speed for parties
    2) A neccesary team member for instances and raids.

Function 2 fails because SEGA gives up challenge into the whiny casual japanese players that constantly sobs tears to SEGA whenever they get 1-2 hit killed by monsters and don't like things like "challenge" in their precious game. So basically if you go support, its only to help up lower level people level up faster. Just play like any Techer out there, just don't forget you can always buff and heal during fights :3 that's all we need.

I still remember alpha days.

"REQUEST: HELP SEGA, FOREST ENEMIES ARE TOO HARD TO DEFEAT ;A;!"

*sigh* Miss the old PSO days, I was always glad to have a force with maxed buffs in the party.
    Last edited by Reia; Apr 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM.

Techer can get a very small increase on buffs.
    Do not get Shifta Critical, it is really bad.
    There is no way a pure support can make up for the damage they lose by going pure support, even if they tag all other players in a 12-man group.
    It's a better idea to focus on offense, while keeping yourself buffed, and if a group of people just happen to be there with you, great.
    You also have to be really quick with your heals, otherwise the player you're trying to help will just drink a 'mate and have full health anyway.

Depending on the new skills for Techer, their support might finally be far enough ahead of Force alone to be worth something. Hopefully much longer lasting buffs and range increase, but we can't know yet.

You get Shifta Critical 1 just so people know you has better supportz.

"Better", anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Do not get Shifta Critical, it is really bad.
    When we talk about supporting, although you're right that crits are pretty worthless, it's much prefered seeing FO/TEs or TE/FOs with Shifta critical than just Shifta...

Shifta Critical is not for giving yourself crits and it helps even in MPAs, at least my experience with that skill

Of course, is totally ridiculous soloing with that skill, even i've got it for a better visual effect of Shifta...