Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thing is, I can't change any settings for pso2.exe on the nvidia menu :/

Also, I deleted all patch files from Feb and redownloaded them all. Game was stable for a while, managed to finish a couple of free runs and TAs....but then.....it crashed again ;_;

I did ask this in the general forum, guess I can ask here as well: does anyone know if other JP people are having similar problems? i.e. does anyone know if is this a known issue in the JP community?
    Almost 10 years later. Still forever sleep deprived.

Well don't you have any software for the optimums technology for switching graphics cards so you can set it to run on the standalone gpu, i remember someone saying that but i am not sure since i don't have a laptop with switchable graphics cards, you can try the global setting and see if it run on the standalone one only, should test that and see if it fixes the issue.

I do have software for switching GPUs. The Nvidia control panel allows this. The only problem is that whenever try to select PSO2 as an option (to switch) the option is blanked out, and I cant alter any of its properties.

If I could run it on my inferior, albeit stable, GPU, at least I'd be able to level grind. Atm all I can really do is short TA runs and buy CO items for exp :/
    Last edited by Limbo_lag; May 5, 2013 at 04:38 AM.
    Almost 10 years later. Still forever sleep deprived.

This is why i kinda dislike switchable graphics in laptops, i know you're getting more battery power for going intergraded but it does preset its problems for some games when some gpus in laptops just throttle the specs of it to a low speed and such when its not doing any gaming rendering like mine does.

I'm having this problem as well, and it seems really sporadic. Sometimes I can play for missions and missions before my graphics card will crash and other times I can't even finish one mission.

Originally I thought it might have something to do with autowords but I'm not sure about that, and more the autowords with emotes and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaicin View Post
    I'm having this problem as well, and it seems really sporadic. Sometimes I can play for missions and missions before my graphics card will crash and other times I can't even finish one mission.

Originally I thought it might have something to do with autowords but I'm not sure about that, and more the autowords with emotes and such.
    Also I forgot to mention I am on an integrated graphics card, Intel HD Graphics

I am capable of running the game with next to no lag on the lowest settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaicin View Post
    Also I forgot to mention I am on an integrated graphics card, Intel HD Graphics

I am capable of running the game with next to no lag on the lowest settings.
    Well this person's issue that they have dual graphics cards in their computer which is a laptop usually, a integrated gpu along with a standalone gpu that switches depending on which programs need the standalone gpu for programs such as games, not just only a integrated one in their computer.

Might need to check on your settings and see anything is on low settings and which things are off or on in game options as well on the launcher options, if that doesn't work then the game has a time rendering something in game and might need to go with a better gpu if its not a laptop that is or do a file check and see if that fixes your issue.

Bumping I usually have experienced this problem but it gets a bit better if I stay in fullscreen. It flickers a bit and I'm still able to stay in the game, I'm just delayed by a second.

It's when I get barraged with multiple flickers (like around 5) is when it crashes my entire computer and it goes ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and I have to take out the battery+plug to turn it off and just start it up.

I don't really think you can eliminate the problem, just make it less of a suffering to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru View Post
    Bumping I usually have experienced this problem but it gets a bit better if I stay in fullscreen. It flickers a bit and I'm still able to stay in the game, I'm just delayed by a second.

It's when I get barraged with multiple flickers (like around 5) is when it crashes my entire computer and it goes ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and I have to take out the battery+plug to turn it off and just start it up.

I don't really think you can eliminate the problem, just make it less of a suffering to you.
    Sounds like more of a overheating issue to me, make sure the desktop graphics card and fan is clear of dust as well as the desktop itself and also the fan is running properly on it, for laptop, you might need to open it up and clean out the heatsink of dust and gpu if dust is around it.

Windows 8 kept giving me driver failure notifications when I would play PSO2. I was informed through the nVidia program that there was an available update. I downloaded it, then I started having problems. Did a clean install of drivers, removed all traces of them, reinstalled older versions...no such fix worked for me.

I ditched it and reloaded W7. Tried the new nVidia driver update, and had no problems.

Just thought I'd let you know because W8 didn't like my GPU at all, and I didn't see what OS you said you had.