Page 191 of 213 FirstFirst ... 91141181188189190191192193194201 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2124

I just finished 3-3 and everything was fine but now I start 3-4 and nothing is translated? According to the arks-layer site all of episode 3 should be translated but that doesn't seem to be the case or is that a bug in the story patch.

Quote Originally Posted by himie View Post
    I just finished 3-3 and everything was fine but now I start 3-4 and nothing is translated? According to the arks-layer site all of episode 3 should be translated but that doesn't seem to be the case or is that a bug in the story patch.
    Story patch only translates the actual Story Quests from 3-4 to 3-8, with few to none of the Matterboard and field event tablets.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Story patch only translates the actual Story Quests from 3-4 to 3-8, with few to none of the Matterboard and field event tablets.
    So if you are actually interested in the story this is as if nothing was translated at all since you are missing important pre and post quest events

So is this still being worked on? Or has it been abandoned?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePendragon View Post
    So is this still being worked on? Or has it been abandoned?
    Patience.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    Patience.
    That doesn't answer the question. There has been very little progress and it would be more useful if it was stated so so that maybe some people with knowledge of language/ASM/debugging or whatever is needed will come and volunteer to help with translation. Well, at least it'll let people know not to wait for translation (not many do it now anyway) and use google translate and other stuff to somehow get through the story without skipping all of it...

I will also call for patience...

as translation is not a simple endeavor. This becomes even more so when even the most advanced of translators have trouble translating non-verbal derived communication based on cultural norms. Semantics and Pragmatics have to be balanced out, and as its technology.... all has to be tested as well.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by aiMute View Post
    That doesn't answer the question.
    "Patience" implies that it's being worked on but just going slow. So yes, it does answer the question, albeit poorly. If you want to know WHY it's going slow, pretty much everyone working on the patch has day-jobs and lives to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by aiMute View Post
    That doesn't answer the question. There has been very little progress and it would be more useful if it was stated so so that maybe some people with knowledge of language/ASM/debugging or whatever is needed will come and volunteer to help with translation.
    It's already depacked and ready to go, just need time and patience.

Items are one thing to do, but dialog is a tricky MF to translate. The Japanese love to use different words just to say a simple Hi, or We, My, I or You depending on social status, wealth, age, gender, time of day etc. Not to mention if a character uses a pun, gotta include that in too somehow. Then polish the translation (i.e quality check), a lot of unpaid time and effort goes into these translations.

So I'll say it again, patience.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Given "recent developments", is this project in jeopardy?