Default Access denied to open "pso2updater" and "pso2" files

Probably that's the main reason why I can't download and install new patches and because of this can't start a game. Someone knows how to get an access?

If not you have to give the files permissions "by hand". There are many posts about this so i wont go into detail here.

I downloaded new EXEs (pso2download, pso2launcher, pso2predownload, pso2updater). Now I have newest version of launcher. Newest game version is currently downloading. I'll tell you if this works and I'll try to post here these new EXEs (of course if it'll be working).

You can always try running as administrator if you have such permissions on your machine (right click -> run as admin, or in the properties/compatibility menu). Disabling UAC is also an option (though you should probably know what that means before you do it).

Sure I tried these but it wasn't working (I've heard that's some kind of problem with system that you reinstalled; actually I made one system reinstall on this PC)

Can someone upload "pso2.exe" here? Because I have little problem with this file...

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
    I downloaded new EXEs (pso2download, pso2launcher, pso2predownload, pso2updater). Now I have newest version of launcher. Newest game version is currently downloading. I'll tell you if this works and I'll try to post here these new EXEs (of course if it'll be working).
    did you download these form pso2.jp? (asking because i'm trying to fix some of my own issues getting my game working and the download directly from pso2.jp takes way too long and gets hung up - wants to download 8 GB at 0.8 KB/sec.... way too slow!)

When I downloaded it from pso2.jp it wasn't working (permission problem) so I downloaded better version of these files :P And yes, I used normal launcher to download updates (very slow but effective). Try to find some manual updates or something like this to download faster then use normal launcher to update your game to newest version (not taking too much time)
    Last edited by Sagittarius; Apr 19, 2013 at 12:12 PM.