Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default The effectiveness of War Cry

Kay so I did some testing on this and gonna be totally honest it works exactly as they said it should. The only noticeable thing about it and we all know is the sucky range as which it has to be cast.

I will say this War cry is NOT MEANT FOR MOBS sure you can cast it on them but this skill is pretty much boss worthy if anything and it should only be used on bosses sense mobs die in seconds. I recorded some footage of previous testing showing how it works you can pretty much keep a boss locked on you and FO's and RA w/e can just go crazy its pretty funny.

Well anyway this is just to prove that it does work im not saying to get it,but rather just wanted to share it with people in case they do wanna try it out. I for one will be maining it now sense I love holding aggro for my parties and it works wonders during AQ' boss fights.

Also another cool thing and I wanted to test that was if War Cry would work upon be killed and to my surprise it does hold as the time and duration is not canceled out UPON DEATH!? Pretty cool stuff you'll have to watch the DragonEX video though to see what im talking about.

Testing On Vol Dragon

Testing on Quartz Dragon

Tested on DragonEX,also tested to see if it would cancel War Cry upon death.

What I can say is this.

1: War Cry does work but the duration and it's buff are dead on being that they are both 30 sec Duration and 30 sec Cool down.

2: If you are a sec to late once War Cry has cooled down the boss will and immediately go after the high dps'er meaning if you're 1 sec to late and decided to re-cast when the boss is doing an animation atk upon said high dps'er then once his atk animation is done he will again come after you again look at the Quarts and or DragonEX battle for what im talking about.

3: War Cry has the range proc of a regular basic dash also upon using war cry on a mob(lets say you wanted to do this ofc) upon death of those mobs War Cry will not carry over upon said next spawned mobs if that makes anys sense to you.

Anyway that's what I've tested in just a few plays,but if anyone else has any info about it post away. Again this isn't to say get it it's to show that it does work I had an extra skill tree to play around with so I wanted to see for myself.

Sig by Gama

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Nice research :0

Even if it was old news I ain't see anyone talking about it.

If I had the patience to level hunter I'd so make a tank-kun build. <_<;

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I'm not sure I understood it from your post, but I think what you're saying is, Warcry works like taunt? It forces the enemy to attack you for a certain amount of time, and once that time is up, it goes on attacking the person it should be attacking?

I'm curious - would this prevent sub-bosses like caterdran from going underground and chasing somoene way off to the side when they emerge? I get tired of repositioning every 3 seconds :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    I'm not sure I understood it from your post, but I think what you're saying is, Warcry works like taunt? It forces the enemy to attack you for a certain amount of time, and once that time is up, it goes on attacking the person it should be attacking?
    Yes War Cry is a taunt meaning once used you will hold enemy aggro but once the duration is done including you didn't alot of damage the enemy will go for the person who did the most damage out of the group.

I'll explain it slow.

The way aggro works is that the person whom has done the higest damage per second=DPS will then accumulate aggro from said enemy this as well works for bosses as if that 1 person out of the 4/4 party did the most out of all of you will have the boss tailing said person.

But to also note back then War Cry did not work like this back then before they made adjustments even if you used war cry even with the 200% hate modifier if one person out dpsed you and did the most damage war Cry had no use it was useless back then. Now that they have fixed it it works really nice now.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamState83 View Post
    I'm curious - would this prevent sub-bosses like caterdran from going underground and chasing somoene way off to the side when they emerge? I get tired of repositioning every 3 seconds :P
    Yes it can actually I tested that during an AQ with 2 friends of mine Midori and Cambrian it does prevent them from diggin in only when the duration is over will they go after the higher dps'er lets also include that said dps'er who did the most damage is far away so yeah it does.
    Last edited by Mike; Apr 21, 2013 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Merge

Sig by Gama

So War Cry is pretty much just meant to keep Aggro off the FOs and RAs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    ^BINGO pretty much how it works.

Not onyl that comes in handy when you wanna revive someone too as a person whom told me about the war cry said.

Sig by Gama

SFS/Nth Gen Interactive Rayokarna's Avatar

The best thing about War Cry is that in some cases it causes the bosses' AI to freeze while it's trying to decide who it's going after. I've had times where the boss will get ready to attack, I use War Cry so it stops what it does and then decides what to do next which gives a good 20 to 30 second window.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayokarna View Post
    The best thing about War Cry is that in some cases it causes the bosses' AI to freeze while it's trying to decide who it's going after. I've had times where the boss will get ready to attack, I use War Cry so it stops what it does and then decides what to do next which gives a good 20 to 30 second window.
    ^This had the same thing happend during a Vol fight kinda quirky but at the very least can be abused somewhat if timed right.

Sig by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Pretty useful for Ra/Fi or Fo/Fi

And if it keeps bosses from switching targets and running all over the room, Gu/Ra won't have to chase as much. Although you still have to do that even when solo.