Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Message Me People! I'm New Also, And Love To play Online xp

Quote Originally Posted by Gown View Post
    I think casual groups have a better chance at carrying on the flame.
    I'm still concerned that the japanese PSZ IRC group was never included here. God knows if they're still active. All those kids like me who were without wifi too
    I got nothing to add. I had my fun with PSZ and I wish those looking for others to play with online with the game being as old as it is now the best of luck.

And yet PSOBB is even older!

Quote Originally Posted by Gown View Post
    And yet PSOBB is even older!
    Meh.

See? I have The Knack! BERNIE_ORAN's Avatar

So what's the best ranger to start out as for a new player to PSZ? I've heard RAmar is rather balanced, but people seem to have mixed opinions on rangers.

FYI, i've put hunderds of hours into both PSO and PSU, so though PSZ is a different game, I have experience in the mechanics it shares with those titles.

Cast rangers in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BERNIE_ORAN View Post
    So what's the best ranger to start out as for a new player to PSZ? I've heard RAmar is rather balanced, but people seem to have mixed opinions on rangers.
    I'd Say Racaseal... If She's Anything In This Game Like She Is In Blue Burst And Episodes 1 & 2. I Have Never Used A Ranger OR A Force In PSZ, As All 3 Of My Characters Are Hunters :3

The entire Ranger class is terrible in Zero; I mean, accuracy isn't an issue post game, and they have significantly lower ATP than Hunters. Once HUs patch up their hit, they are better than RAs in just about every way. Hell, they can even use a few good RA weapons. So all RAs get are the strongest of the Bazookas and Laser Cannons and stuff - which suck compared to HU and FO weapons.

If you must be a Ranger, all four are viable: CASTs have more raw power, but Humans can Resta/Shifta/Jellen/Zalure, so pick what suits your playing style (being able to heal would be good for players who are a little more careless).

Rangers are more of a challenge to play, though that didn't stop people from playing them. They work well online being paired with one other force or hunter in a run. Offline, you may want to put up with the NPCS for meatshields and supplement your damage output.

I do not play much anymore however if I see fit that I have some time over I might pop in. Anyway here are some overall tips I can give.

1. Focus materials on one stat, preferably Power or Mind depend on what class you have.
    - Reason the buff Shifta which increase your Power and Mind scale according to your characters base stats.

Example: We have two HUcasts with the exact same amount of Power. HUcast A have 80 Power Materials. HUcast B have 55 Power Materials and a Divine/Power equipped (+25 Power). They both have the same Total Power, however when Shifta is cast on them the one which have more base Power will get more Power from the buff.

2. If you are a none cast, then as soon as you enter an area use a Trap Vision. Unlike PSO where Trap Vision only works for one room. Trap Vision in PSZ work until you visit town again, so if you are good enough you will use Trap Vision once and it will last through the entire area because you did not have to visit town. To summarize this.
    - Use Trap Vision when you enter an area
    - Reuse after visiting the town

3. The npc meat shields. Now these might seem rather useless at first however they are actually of some use. If they are about to die, let them die. Just focus on killing the monsters and avoiding attacks. As soon as you enter a new room the dead NPCs get ressed anyway.
    - They can stand there and take damage while you charge up a Photon Art.
    - They can build up a combo which will make your Photon Art stronger, even just 1 combo helps.
    - They can sometime heal, this happens more often if you switch to the command "safety first".
    - If they get full Photon Blast charge then they can chain their Photon Blast with yours making your Photon Blast even better.

4. Weakness and Resistance. Now I am not talking about the resistance you have, infact you can pretty much ignore that all together really. I am talking about what the monsters have. Lets say you enter the Valley, here monsters are weak vs melee and strong vs ranged. However if you enter Wetlands the tables are turned, here monsters are weak vs ranged and strong vs melee. To summarize, here is a list..

Hunter / Ranger
    - Gurhacia Valley: Use a Melee Weapon
    - Ozette Wetlands: Use a Ranged Weapon
    - Rioh Sowfield: Use a Ranged Weapon. Melee weapons can be used here too, but they aren't as strong.
    - Oblivion City Paru: Use a Melee Weapon
    - Makara Ruins: Use a Ranged Weapon.
    - Arca Plant: Use either Melee or Ranged weapons with a decent Machine stat. Ranged weapons will leave you helpless against Arkzeins though.
    - Dark Shrine: Use either Melee or Ranged weapons with a decent Dark stat. Like Arca, some enemies have a bit more ranged resistance.

Force
    - Gurhacia Valley: Everything appears to be weak to Barta. You can also use Zonde for precision. (unsure about this one)
    - Ozette Wetlands: Everything is weak to Foie. You can use Zonde to hit the frogs easier.
    - Rioh Snowfield: Everything is damaged hard by Foie.
    - Paru: Perfect coverage is obtained with Foie and Zonde
    - Makara Ruins: Perfect coverage is obtained with Grants and Megid. The Rohjades are weaker to Barta, and both Batts can be hit with Zonde.
    - Arca Plant: Prefect Coverage can be obtained with Grants/Zonde, Foie/Zonde, Zonde/Megid
    - Dark Shrine: Megid for the first half, Grants for the second half.

5. Third Sister quest. Listen up, this is REALLY IMPORTANT! Now in certain areas if you are really lucky you can find the bakery. In here if you talk to the NPCs here you can get a quest. If you do this quest, DO IT ON HARD. There is a very important reason for this. Once you finish all quests on hard you get a Title called "World Protector" as a reward for getting this title you get an item called "Compress PA". This is hands down one of the most useful items in the game and you only get one per game, not character but per game! Anyway once you do this quest the quest disappears from the quest counter and then you have to find the bakery again in order to do it. So once again, if you get this quest finish it on hard!
    - Bakery is rare
    - It does not matter what difficulty you FOUND the cake shop, you can choose to play the quest on any difficulty
    - Quest disappears after doing it, any difficulty
    - Do it on hard in order to faster get the title "World Protector"

Now these are a few things I think of. To refresh my memory on what weapons / techniques are effective where I looked at DoctorShanks wonderful guide called "How to Maximize Your Damage". Which I highly recommend checking out, he covers all you need to know in order to deal a lot of damage. Also if you are curious on how other people play certain classes I recommend checking out the thread called "Palette and Unit setups". Keep in mind that some of those qouted on the first page might have been updated. Mine on page 2 have undergone a few changes for example.

Anyway hope these tips help, if you have any other questions just ask.
    Last edited by Norco; May 7, 2013 at 01:25 PM.

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421