After I max charge tech advance (or whatever it's called), I was thinking of going down the lightning side of the tree. I have three reasons for this:

1. Zonde-type techs are fun and seem powerful, and Bolt Tech PP Save sounds like it will make them even more fun.
2. I'm planning on using FO as a sub while leveling TE, and Zondeel + Territory Burst sounds evil (in a good kind of way).
3. It looks cool. It also seems to fit my character design; the lightning techs in this game are white/light blue, which matches my character's colors. Also, she's a Cast. Robots and lightning seem to go well together, don't they? (Technically, Luna's a cyborg whose body happens to be fully mechanical, but eh, here the distinction is relatively minor)

Anyways, is a lightning build viable after the Zonde nerf, or was it ever viable to begin with? From what I've seen/heard, the nerf made Zonde's damage go from OMGWTF ROFLMAO damage to simply LOL damage (still powerful, but not as ridiculous as before). I could be wrong, though...