Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Rayokarna View Post
    I knew something was strange. I recently started playing again and I haven't played since before the Subclass update. I don't remember traps being that slow. You still playing Flowen?
    This is why I was saying don't use traps. They weren't great before but they got nerfed hard even after that.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

SFS/Nth Gen Interactive Rayokarna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    This is why I was saying don't use traps. They weren't great before but they got nerfed hard even after that.
    I've been using them for about two weeks since I started playing again, and even with the nerf I still find them fun. Putting all the points into Damage mods and Weak Shot kinda kills any sense of fun or gameplay variation for me. I still use traps consistently it's just I have to think further ahead in advance now. But I can understand why people say don't use them.

However I did ask for the damage mods not if I should use them or not, which is why it wasn't helpful. lol

Some posts can be about humor, you know.

I did give you a formula, it just didn't use numbers
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

they're weaker than any PA, slower than any PA, more expensive than any PA and you can't use them as often as any PA

edit:
    rough equation:
    ([Your Total R-Atk] - [Your Weapon R-Atk] - [Enemy R-Def])/5 * (Trap Mastery, max 1.6) * (Trap Custom, max 1.35)

whereas Sneak Shooter is:
    ([Your Total R-Atk] - [Enemy R-Def])/5 * (WHA/SS, max 2.06) * (PA Power, max 2.76)

With 500 Base, a 500 Rifle, against an enemy with 100 R-Def, Upper trap deals 173 damage a maximum of 10 times per trip to the campship.

The same stats has Sneak Shooter dealing 1026 damage a maximum of 3 times per 90 PP.

Or multiply them both by 3 for WB and 1.2 or whatever the weak spot multiplier is.

I wonder how accurate this actually is.
    Last edited by UnLucky; Apr 25, 2013 at 08:57 PM. Reason: formula