Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Extreme Quests AKA Tower~ May 15th

from bumped

On May 15tth, PSO2 will introduce new content intended for high level players called “Extreme Quests.” Information provided by ShougaiPSO (a Japanese fansite) as found in Dengeki and Famitsu magazines.

Extreme Quests
    Available to players LV50+
    You have to use an item called “Extreme Pass” to play the quest.
    You can obtain one pass a day for free at the quest counter.

Extreme Quest Setup
    As of 5/15, there’s 1 ~ 40 Floors.
    Each extreme pass lets you play 1~5 floors.
    When you clear the first five floors, you can play the next set of floors. (Floors 6 ~ 10)
    You can replay the floors you’ve previously cleared though this will still consume
    an Extreme Pass.

Enemy Condition
    Each floor applies certain conditions to enemies.
    Example conditions include “Increased Strength” and “Increased Resistance: (Lightning Techs)”

Floor Orders
    Each floor has set goals called “Floor Orders”
    For example: Defeat 10 enemies within 30 seconds / Defeat De Malmoth within 180 seconds / Destroy 24 parts of Big Vardha
    When you achieve this goal, you receive “bonuses” (details below)

Extreme Quest Rewards
    There are several rewards including new 11 star weapons.
    The quest has separate drop tables and drop items
    You can acquire brand new 11 star weapons here.
    Items you pick up are temporarily stored to a “rewards list”
    You can choose the items you wish to keep from the “rewards list,” once the quest is cleared. However, the items you can choose from is based on the score you received.
    For example, if you achieved a bad score, it could allow you to take only one “type” of item.
    You could take “99 grinders” as one “type” of item.
    Clearing floor orders increases the the number of items you can take back with you.
    This is pretty exciting to me. Alot of it is actually what i wished for. It is similar to soul calibur IV's tower where you ascend and fight enemies with special conditions to them. It's also similar to where there are bonus conditions and bonus rewards. The thing i wish they had which was a descend is where you fight an onslaught of enemies until you die with random bonuses and conditions. I'm also glad they have at least 40 floors and hopefully they add more every update.

Welcome to the Machine Aquayoshi's Avatar

Sounds great. PSZ's tower was a pain-- a snoozefest, except for floors with Arkzeins. Then it was just pure frustration. Oh god, Arkzeins... I hated those f---ers so much.

This tower actually sounds interesting. Too bad I'm not level 50 yet... D:
    Last edited by Aquayoshi; Apr 24, 2013 at 04:40 PM.

Extreme Pass? Someone sure poured a whole lot of thought and consideration into that name. That aside, unless there's some other way to obtain passes that hasn't been disclosed, it sounds like we get one Tower quest a day. On one hand, if the rewards are that good, I suppose that makes sense. On the other, I don't like having what I do in the game dictated by the game. Also, it may make it hard to find people to play with.

First thought was that I can see a lot of people getting locked out in their teams if people have already done them.

I foresee many "I got an 11* item, but disconnected before I could take it in the end of the mission"

Or I got an 11*, but I scored too low and the game won't let me take it. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    Extreme Pass? Someone sure poured a whole lot of thought and consideration into that name. That aside, unless there's some other way to obtain passes that hasn't been disclosed, it sounds like we get one Tower quest a day. On one hand, if the rewards are that good, I suppose that makes sense. On the other, I don't like having what I do in the game dictated by the game. Also, it may make it hard to find people to play with.
    Could be because of the rewards besides 99x grinders for completing a bonus objective i am wondering what kind of rewards will be farmable from the tower. Also they might not want the tower to run it's course before episode II or more tower stages arrive. Hopefully once a day is worth it.

One run once a day? That can be difficult to find people.

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

This sounds pretty dope. So far.
    UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT! D<