See? I have The Knack! BERNIE_ORAN's Avatar

Default Worth getting for offline only?

Hey guys.

Just curious as to if this game is worth getting for the offline only? I don't have my DS online, and I don't intend to. I don't even know if the servers are still up for this game - that goes to show how little I know about PSZ

I've been playing quite a lot of PSO EP 1&2 on my Gamecube offline lately, so though I do enjoy Phantasy Star games online, I can still get some fun just from playing offline solo.

So would this game satisfy as an offline only game? Is there the same amount of content or more than EP 1&2?

Yeah, it's feasible to play offline. I haven't played enough PSO to compare and constrast in terms of amount of content though.

I have little knowledge of PSO, but I can definitely verify that this game is perfect for standalone offline. The one and only benefit to online is that field runs get a 1.50x modifier for rares, as opposed to the 1.25x modifier for offline. Everything last bit of content is available offline, so you have no worries on missing out on anything. c:

The "servers" though are Nintendo's Wifi Connection servers, so they are still active, btw. As long as Nintendo supports the DS, we'll still be able to go online.

I've Been Playing Episodes 1&2 On My GameCube For 4 And A Half Years Now, PSZ For 5 Days.

I Can Still Vouch Though, As I've Already Beaten PSZ (Played It Like 16 Hours A Day For Those 5 Days, And I Have Only Beat It In Normal), That Although PSZ Is Dwarfed In The Amount Of Offline Quest Compared To PSO, It Has 3 Great Storylines (CAST, Newman, Human) And 2 Character Classes That Weren't On The GameCube (Hunewm And Humarl).

The Mag Can Only Have One Photon Blast At A Time, Unlike GameCube, And The Max Mag And Player Level Is 100 Instead Of 200.

You Can Have 3 Character Profiles At A Time, Instead Of 4 Like GameCube, And There Are Way More Types Of Weapons And Rares. One Of The Coolest New Types Of Weapons Is Gunblade, Which Is A Saber That (When Holding L) Shoots Bullets In 3 Directions (Strait Ahead, And Slightly Left/Right).

There Are No Shields, Equippable-Wise Like PSO Where You Block More Often, But There Are Shield Weapons. Like The Shield Attack In Twilight Princess, You Hit The Enemies In This Game With The Shield.

All Weapons Are Level Based, Instead Of Stat Based. On GameCube, You Can Equip A Lavis Cannon As Long As You Have Enough ATP. On PSZ, You Have To Be Level 90 To Equip It.

Overall, I'd Say Yes.

PSZ Should Be Very Enjoyable, Even In Offline Only, And It's Convenient For It's Portability. You SHOULD Get This :3

Also, Sorry For The Long Response, But I Hope Since I've Played Both, I Was Helpful To You ^_^
    Last edited by Knifedera; Apr 25, 2013 at 04:25 PM.

See? I have The Knack! BERNIE_ORAN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nidra View Post
    I've Been Playing Episodes 1&2 On My GameCube For 4 And A Half Years Now, PSZ For 5 Days.

I Can Still Vouch Though, As I've Already Beaten PSZ (Played It Like 16 Hours A Day For Those 5 Days, And I Have Only Beat It In Normal), That Although PSZ Is Dwarfed In The Amount Of Offline Quest Compared To PSO, It Has 3 Great Storylines (CAST, Newman, Human) And 2 Character Classes That Weren't On The GameCube (Hunewm And Humarl).

The Mag Can Only Have One Photon Blast At A Time, Unlike GameCube, And The Max Mag And Player Level Is 100 Instead Of 200.

You Can Have 3 Character Profiles At A Time, Instead Of 4 Like GameCube, And There Are Way More Types Of Weapons And Rares. One Of The Coolest New Types Of Weapons Is Gunblade, Which Is A Saber That (When Holding L) Shoots Bullets In 3 Directions (Strait Ahead, And Slightly Left/Right).

There Are No Shields, Equippable-Wise Like PSO Where You Block More Often, But There Are Shield Weapons. Like The Shield Attack In Twilight Princess, You Hit The Enemies In This Game With The Shield.

All Weapons Are Level Based, Instead Of Stat Based. On GameCube, You Can Equip A Lavis Cannon As Long As You Have Enough ATP. On PSZ, You Have To Be Level 90 To Equip It.

Overall, I'd Say Yes.

PSZ Should Be Very Enjoyable, Even In Offline Only, And It's Convenient For It's Portability. You SHOULD Get This :3

Also, Sorry For The Long Response, But I Hope Since I've Played Both, I Was Helpful To You ^_^
    Heh, long responses are perfectly fine when they're helpful, much like yours was, thank you.

Ok, thanks for the posts guys, I think I will pick this up some time

Quote Originally Posted by BERNIE_ORAN View Post
    Heh, long responses are perfectly fine when they're helpful, much like yours was, thank you.

Ok, thanks for the posts guys, I think I will pick this up some time
    Glad To Help =3