Page 544 of 684 FirstFirst ... 44444494534541542543544545546547554594644 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,440 of 6832

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Yes, the default launcher does detect and overwrite the patch.
    If you want to use the English patch, the Tweaker is your only current option. Odds are your setting getting reset was, as kurokyosuke suggested, due to the crashes you had experienced. Also, lately there has been a common issue with the user.pso2 file corrupting both for users of the tweaker and those who do not use it.
    Additionally, you can simply install the patch the way you always have and just use the Tweaker as a basic launcher without having to use any of its additional features
    Please...pleeeease can I have a guide on how to properly install and set up Tweaker and the patch on tweaker? Baby steps please, its really difficult for me I tried I really did but it crashed my PC badly!

Quote Originally Posted by Hucast-Kireek View Post
    Please...pleeeease can I have a guide on how to properly install and set up Tweaker and the patch on tweaker? Baby steps please, its really difficult for me I tried I really did but it crashed my PC badly!
    First, ensure that the Tweaker and all its files are in their own folder outside of the Downloads folder (for example, I have them in a folder called "PSO2 Tweaker" on my Desktop).
    Next, if you have an anti-virus program (or Windows Security Essentials/Windows Defender), make sure that you add the Tweaker folder as well as the PSO2 directory to its exclusion list.
    Next, launch the Tweaker, and ensure that it is pointed at the proper pso2_bin directory for the game.
    You now have a few choices:

1. Close the Tweaker and install the English patch the way that you would as if you were using the Official Launcher. Then open the Tweaker, hit the Orb, go to Options, and go to Override EN Patch and select Latest Version. Close the Options, and hit Launch PSO2.
      • Alternatively, skip the Options step, and just hit Launch PSO2 after installing the English patch.

2. Hit the Orb, go to Install/Update Patches, then pick English Patch. If this gives you an error, refer to Option 1. Once it installs, hit Launch PSO2.

If you further want to have the experience to be the way it was before needing the Tweaker, when you hit the Orb, uncheck Translate Items. Also, when the game needs an update, you can continue to use the Official Launcher, then when you launch the Tweaker, go to Options and select PSO2 version override.
    Last edited by Anduril; Sep 8, 2015 at 09:32 PM.

What do you mean by 'ensure that it is pointed at the proper pso2_bin directory for the game.' Because when I did that it crashed my whole PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hucast-Kireek View Post
    What do you mean by 'ensure that it is pointed at the proper pso2_bin directory for the game.' Because when I did that it crashed my whole PC.
    I think u might be confusing where to put Tweaker and getting Tweaker to look for pso2_bin

You don't put Tweaker on the pso2_bin directory. You just place it on a seperate directory of it's own.

Run Tweaker and click on the Orb on the top left. The first option is "Select pso2_bin folder". It will open up a window and just select the pso2_bin folder. That's it =P

welp...

Since the last updates the Story patch *needs* to have the english patch installed as well for the game to function right now.

KInda disorienting for me since I don't mind having full Jp interface and whatnot anyway.. now it's a weird mix of both when playing xD

I might be using the tweaker wrong, but is there a way to access the original PSO2's launcher settings?

pastebin(dot)com/index/A7QEVKAy
    Getting operation timed out. I dont know what the problem is. I run it as administrator, set it up so firewall doesnt see it as a threat, and I have also reinstalled it. I've looked around for other solutions, but none seem to work. Can anyone help me?

P.S Can't add URL directly in, because i only had 1 post.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I can use the official launcher fine, I just need to repatch after every update like I always needed to

Got the patch to work with Tweaker! Dunno why it worked this time but im glad!

http://pastebin.com/9gcBKE5Y
    ERROR - Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\pso2.exe' is denied.
    ERROR - Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

I don't know why it decided to have these errors. I've never had a problem with the tweaker before today. I did a file check and that didn't help either