Exclamation HELP HELP HELP HELP!

I need help badly, Ive got a gamecube, and I had ordered a PS online Episode I & II plus, and this is absolute torture.....the game get here I was so happy to play i popped it in, loaded it up got to make a character walked threw town got my first quest loaded into the planet.... killed some boxes.....then DISC READ ERROR. I could cry right now.

I had played the one for dreamcast way back in the day I had a level 112 ranger cast. love this game to pieces.

I would really like to play it. Ive tried cleaning the disc, its not working. I need suggestions. the disc itself looks flawless and the optical drive in the GC plays everything else just fine.

Does anyone have any ideas or possible a GC game they would like to trade or have for sale thats not insanely priced. please reply or messege me. I have notifications setup. Thanks for your time!

Go to your local GameStop if they still sell gc's it'll be 30 bucks also consider a new or different memory card than the one you were using when error popped up or go somewhere that has a disk cleaner just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there hope I helped.
    Slayer of Falz

Quote Originally Posted by ROLO View Post
    Go to your local GameStop if they still sell gc's it'll be 30 bucks also consider a new or different memory card than the one you were using when error popped up or go somewhere that has a disk cleaner just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there hope I helped.

Yes I want to make it perfectly clear to you that it is the Gamecube that has died not PSo or your memory card, so its no big deal. Just pick up another one for about 30 like Rolo said, I knwo this because I played pso and got this error lots of times, I was able to kick the GC til its last breathe with it lol, after that nothing worked.

You would probably be able to buy a new GameCube off of eBay.

There's a lot of people who throw in some games with their old GameCube and sell it for $9.99 - $19.99

I would also suggest having a backup memory card if yours is a couple years old. (It's really annoying to lose your PSO character if your current one corrupts)

Quote Originally Posted by ROLO View Post
    ^ This

To all those posting that it's definite that it's a GC issue, go lay down.

While there is a chance of it being the GC at fault, it could be a variety of factors that needs to be troubleshot to find a rational cause for error before a rational remedy is decided upon.

To the OP:

First - Were you playing online or offline when this happened?

Second - How did you clean your disk?

Third - Hold your disk under a direct source of artificial lighting (ie. not sunlight) (also try to keep it about 4ft away from said light source just for disk safety). Tilt it around to see if you can spot any fine scratches. Note any vertical ones (ie. Scratches that point towards the center rather than follow the curvature of the disk) as these are especially disruptive. Do you see any at all?

Further troubleshooting measures -

- Take a cotton swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol/rubbing alcohol and clean out the connectors on your memory card. After cleaning, play for a while to confirm if it made a difference.

- If possible, try your PSO disk inside another Gamecube. Play for about the length of time and area of where the error normally pops up. If it works, then this could mean that your Gamecube is faulty.

- Run your disk under hot water for a few minutes, making sure that the water is being evenly distributed on the disk. Allow to air dry. Once dry, check to see if this has made a difference.

Right now, this could very well be a variety of different things. Try this things, and let us know of any successes or failures.