I called up Sega to get my DC fixed and they told me to send it in with 70 bucks. I asked my mom and she says "we would be better off buying another one" I keep telling her that paying 70bucks plus shipping is better than buying a new dc for 100 bucks and a new PSO game. But she says "what if we send it in and they can't fix it?" Now I'm begining to agree with her, but i need to know if there is someway to play my original PSO copy on my new DC. I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

Rappy Hunter

From what I've been told- sega will give you a new access code and such if you have to get a new dreamcast or are getting one yourself (In my case.. I played PSO for 4 weeks on a borrowed DC).

I don't think you'll be able to play any of the characters you made online and must restart to play online with a new DC.

If your still having problems I'll be getting my DC soon (Today or Tomorrow- depends on when the weight room isn't open). I'll call them up and see what gives.

Later days,

Veteran Fighter

The process is extremely simple, but nerve wrecking. You have to replace the new DC's reading laser with the one from your old DC. Your old character will work online then. Simple, but you have to do this with great precision not to mess up the axis which could cause skipping of read data.

Thanx, I'll probably try getting a new PSO Access number sometime. I'm a little pissed about losing my level 22 Humar but oh well I'm willing to restart.

You might be SOL. I think they might wipe the memory and therefore losing your SN in the process. Call first and find out.

Also if you do have to get a new dreamcast and they will wipe the memory then you can just call Sega for another serial number for the game.
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.