Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1623242526

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    I was mentioning the single claw, if the Braver class turns out to be another melee oriented class.
    Wait, what? We already know it's a hybrid ranged-melee class, hence the nickname "Swordarcher". How would they end up being a melee oriented class when they wield compound bows in addition to katanas?

Quote Originally Posted by Link1275 View Post
    That's the entire point of Vanguards actually. They are NOT a melee class. They are a Jack-of-all-trades class. That means they do a little of everything, but don't excel at anything. They will most likely give them a more equal spread of stats with a skill tree that makes it hard to excel at anything with the class. They essentially will be an all purpose-every situation class that can do everything well enough to be usable. They may also get traps and trap up skills if their history is anything to judge by.
    except vanguard were NOT a jack of all trades class in PSP2/i you generally had to choose a path based on your stats. beast and newman could be evade tanks but human and cast really couldnt. class specfic skills made vanguard worse at dual typing in in infinity as well. vanguards stats were so middle of the road that race played a huge role.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Wait, what? We already know it's a hybrid ranged-melee class, hence the nickname "Swordarcher". How would they end up being a melee oriented class when they wield compound bows in addition to katanas?
    If the current guns in the game mean anything and the number of stances katanas have, it points in that direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag
    EDIT again: Compound Bow appears to have Weak Bullet, Panic Shot, and Bind Bullet (.../arrow). Katana's got a whole bunch of weird PA listings (PA5 alone has like 15 different effects, possibly gear-based?).
    Until we have more info on it, it sounds like the class is more melee than archer.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Also, it could just get a skill to allow earlier dodge canceling, and then a skill for more invuln frames during dodges than other classes.
    Braver + Mirage escape = ??????
    Oh man I look forward to that.

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    except vanguard were NOT a jack of all trades class in PSP2/i you generally had to choose a path based on your stats. beast and newman could be evade tanks but human and cast really couldnt. class specfic skills made vanguard worse at dual typing in in infinity as well. vanguards stats were so middle of the road that race played a huge role.
    everyone I know that played Braver/Vanguard played melee. on a cast.

including myself.

looooool so broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post

including myself.

looooool so broken.
    ^True fax der bro and PSO2 stays like it is Braver will be just as broken why? Segac not have good balancing.

Looking forward to this with Duman.

Sig by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    If the current guns in the game mean anything and the number of stances katanas have, it points in that direction.
    You are seriously reaching here. The only guns in the game that are "melee" are the twin mechguns. Meanwhile assault rifles and launchers are pretty much exclusively ranged (and the fact that bows apparently share skills with rangers says a LOT).

It's a hybrid ranged-melee class, and that's just something you're gonna have to deal with.

Dat green rappy...... <3

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    They actually were more of a jack-of-all-trades than you think. Vanguards in general were just evade tanks once you reach the right level range. However I'd estimate that ~90% of all (legit)vanguards had access to at least one ranged and tech weapon type. While vanguards who weren't newmans usually don't use offensive techs they, still used Shifta and Deband(except for the hackers on PSP2 who don't know how to play) and sometimes Resta. You also found yourself needing ranged weapons as a vanguard from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post

including myself.

looooool so broken.
    And melee was considered more of a default weapon type in PSP2 unless you were a ranger/force, and even then people would still use melee stuff from time to time. I think we'll see a bit of a change in that mentality in PSO2.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    ^True fax der bro and PSO2 stays like it is Braver will be just as broken why? Segac not have good balancing.

Looking forward to this with Duman.
    if katanas and bows are fun, no complaints with em bein' broken. >_>

Tather a new weapon be over power than difficult to use just to make it useable just because it looks cool. /looks @ daggers

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.