See? I have The Knack! BERNIE_ORAN's Avatar

Default Looking for a shield for my Lv.84 Viridia RAmar

I've been using the Secret Gear shield since I was able to equip it, but I think I might need an upgrade in terms of DFP, as I can only manage a few hits in ruins on ultimate.

I've got my eye on the standstill shield, but i'm going to grind out some levels before I start farming for it. So what's a good substitute for the Secret Gear for my Viridia RAmar? Again, I need something with more DFP than the Secret Gear.

Thanks.

If you have access to online the best shield you could possibly use for a ranger is Ranger Wall, but if that's out of the question, you already answered it with Standstill. I guess you could get an Attribute Wall since it has better resistances though it's more of an alternative rather than an upgrade.

I currently don't have access to online. I was hoping for a better shield than Secret Gear in my level range or not to much higher of a level requirement, as i'm still 40 levels away from being able to use a standstill. Should I just stick with the Secret Gear then? I'd rather not have to raise a DFP mag, as I would prefer not to have to sacrifice all my ATP and ATA (currently going with a mag of 20 DFP, 140 ATP, 40 ATA)

You shouldn't really need to worry about defense especially offline. You should have enough invincibility frames to work off of to recover with mates so you should really focus on being able to kill the enemies quicker so they can't hit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dongra View Post
    You shouldn't really need to worry about defense especially offline. You should have enough invincibility frames to work off of to recover with mates so you should really focus on being able to kill the enemies quicker so they can't hit you.
    I can kill ruins enemies in 1 or 2 combos with my mechgun, but I can't help but take a few hits, even as safe as I try to play it, so a new shield would have done nicely. I guess i'll just try and grind out some levels then.

Thank you for the help.

Unfortunately, you are pretty much stuck with the secret gear as of now. I can't think of any other lower level shields that hold up well.

Death Dealer

other than a secret gear, you have a flowen shield or a custom barrier... which are both at lvl 66...

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

Best shields in terms of high EVP or DFP for your Ramar:

Standstill: great defense (higher defense)
    Secure Feet: (higher EVP) the opposite of Standstill Shield
    Tripolic Shield: good defense
    Regen Gear adv: decent defense, but the real bonus here is that is recovers your hp/tp by 5% per block. It's wonderful to abuse this shield at high levels. >: -)

all of them tend to have decent resistance bonuses as well.