Default PP Recovery J Utility

First off, if you're reading this and have no idea what PP Recovery J is:
    Spoiler!

For the rest of you, here's some stuff you might not know:

- PP Restore J consumes 5% energy upon activation.

PP Restore J cannot activate any sooner than 5:00 mins into a quest.
    - The timer begins upon entering the Campship, but the skill itself can only activate once you're in the field.
    - Assuming your Mag has enough energy, and you're on the field, the skill will activate the very moment 5 mins have passed.
    - In the event that your Mag has enough energy, but you spend the initial 5 mins on the Campship, the skill will activate while you're in the telepipe zoning into the field, effectively wasting it.
    - Changing your mag resets this 5:00 min timer.

There is a cooldown timer of exactly 9:00 mins before PP Restore J can activate again, regardless of which mag it comes from
    - As long as the mag has energy, it will activate the skill exactly 9 mins after the previous one.
    - Abandoning a quest does not reset that 9:00 min timer.
    Activating PP Restore J, immediately quitting, and then starting a new mission will not reset the timer to 5 mins, it will still have to make up those 9 mins of cooldown.

Usage tips!
    - Keep your equipped mag unfed and at 0%, then once you feed it (and as long as enough time has passed) it'll instantly trigger the PP Restore J skill.
    Using this method, you can essentially activate the skill on command - particularly useful on FO or in some cases RA.
    Or as a quick-activation pp battery during TAs. Simply start the TA, allow ~5 mins to pass on the campship, and as soon as you zone in, you'll have the skill on tap immediately.

-Only feed your mag once if you use this method, as the 33% energy gained will reset to 0% by the time the 9 min cooldown is up. This Means that feeding it once won't give your mag enough energy to use it a 2nd time out of your control. It takes approximately 10 mins for your mag to expend 33% energy, so once you see that your mag is running on empty again (you'll even get that battery icon pop up now), it's a sign that feeding it again will activate the skill at your leisure!

As far as I know, this isn't common practise, as I've never seen anyone do it in any posted videos nor could I find anyone mention it via search.
    Soooo I hope this helps
    Last edited by Dextro; May 10, 2013 at 07:39 AM.
    | Dextro | Ship 10 | Legion |

For a FO anyways, this would really only be useful if you were like TAing Darker's Den. In most decent AQ parties, when you burst the group will pipe to the beginning or end of the area and stack PBs at a singular point for effectively infinite PP regen while the burst goes. None of the currents TAs really require a large extra PP source though it could be useful for Sanctum maybe.

Ya PPJ is pretty awesome! Theres a top altar time attack which utilizes this and it really helped out their run(RA/HU). Would of thought most people would notice from feeding their mag though. ( The ones who own mags with PPJ). As Adios said though having a strong AQ party and having good pp managment it wont be needed much. Most of the TA's, will not need it either assuming the person is geared out, not everyone is though and using it in this case would probably be pretty helpful. But ya in any situation you do run out of pp for, as it does happen in some cases its a very nice tool.
    Last edited by jiasu73; May 10, 2013 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    For a FO anyways, this would really only be useful if you were like TAing Darker's Den. In most decent AQ parties, when you burst the group will pipe to the beginning or end of the area and stack PBs at a singular point for effectively infinite PP regen while the burst goes. None of the currents TAs really require a large extra PP source though it could be useful for Sanctum maybe.
    Theoretically, you could say that...
    But in reality, it's simply useful any time you're out of pp and don't have anything to fall back on!
    Whether it's soloing bosses, during protection codes, Emergency Quests, Story missions, 'non-decent' AQs, playing casual with friends, maybe even Extreme Quests and other future content, who knows.

Application is down to you, but honestly - it's an effortless PP Regen button! - once you're aware it exists, any good player will find a way to make it useful
    Last edited by Dextro; May 10, 2013 at 09:01 AM.

It's a good thing, but honestly, is really annoying that it doesn't work on a more intelligent way. It would have been better that it triggered under the already existing conditions and also when you're out of PP, or that its effect stayed active as some sort of buff in a similar way as Giresta worked in PSU (if you're full HP, the "ticks" get stored and are used whenever you lose HP).

I say so because my mag has 8 trigger actions, 4 are HP ones and it's a bit of a waste that I gotta keep them inactive for the PP one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
    Theoretically, you could say that...
    But in reality, it's simply useful any time you're out of pp and don't have anything to fall back on!
    Whether it's soloing bosses, during protection codes, Emergency Quests, Story missions, 'non-decent' AQs, playing casual with friends, maybe even Extreme Quests and other future content, who knows.

Application is down to you, but honestly - it's an effortless PP Regen button! - once you're aware it exists, any good player will find a way to make it useful
    The one thing I'll admit I would love this for is taking out Beize's as FO. Fire or lightning, those things take forever to kill when soloing and are one of the most annoying things to me lol...

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    The one thing I'll admit I would love this for is taking out Beize's as FO. Fire or lightning, those things take forever to kill when soloing and are one of the most annoying things to me lol...
    Yeah, now I can see why darker's den was the first thing you thought of lol

this sounds like it would be more useful for RA during your wb rotation. does this come from a tech mag?

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Quote Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
    As far as I know, this isn't common practise, as I've never seen anyone do it in any posted videos nor could I find anyone mention it via search.
    Soooo I hope this helps
    I thought the use of popping mag food at 0% for the instant trigger of PP Restore J was common knowledge myself, I've always done it on my FO classes, even mentioned it long before in one of the Force/Techer threads buried in posts here (don't really call it by proper names which is why it properly doesn't come up in search).

Before dipping into other 0% mag feed instant trigger tricks like Stat Boost K or HP Restore K, PP Restore J was the first one I actively used for the longest time.

Regardless it getting more attention is nice, good to know all your options when PP gets low besides whipping out Gunslash or melee smacking and the more detailed info on the overall cooldown is something I had found hard to find info on myself (that goes for a lot of Mag Triggers though.).
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47