Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSO group up GC

Default PSO group up GC

its 4:56 PM EST and im bored... need few more to log on to group up for quests.

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

If you're meeting on scht you should know that it may go down soon as their website is down and other servers are calling them dead in the water.

down for good???

On Facebook, they said it's still up and running and the site being down was due to laziness and not paying for hosting.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Sounds like Crono all right, no surprise there. This is actually the second time he has done this.

Domain either expired 2 months ago or it expires in 2014 according to online info.

Quote Originally Posted by Link1275 View Post
    If you're meeting on scht you should know that it may go down soon as their website is down and other servers are calling them dead in the water.
    Yep I know there goin to hell, me n few of my friends been looking into another server thats GC only. Im not gonna let them or anyone else go there before I try it because it might be full of hackers or something else ( but idk ill see )

Bahaha, yeah, sounds right. Honestly, from what I saw even during the PC/DC era, it was just a fun thing on the side for them to do, and not the absolute top priority in their lives (and it really shouldn't be, I'm sure they've got more important things going on). They're cool guys for sure though.

If you want a dedicated GC server that you can trust to not go down, your best bet is honestly to find the server software and set it up yourself. I couldn't tell you what the reliable GC server software is if I wanted to since I don't actually know (also the rules here), but I do know it's out there. I've tinkered with the BB server software and had it running once, it was pretty fun and actually easier than I expected (Someone on this site gave me some pointers, they were a really big help and the reason I pursued it).

It'd be a bit more complex to set up than, say, the minecraft server software, simply because it's not an "official" thing. But once it's up and running it'd be just as easy - start it up, connect your client, give your friends the information to connect. It wouldn't need any kind of heavy duty hardware to run smoothly at all. Back up the files on multiple hard drives if you're paranoid, but otherwise you're set for life.

Granted, it would be just you and your friends, so there'd be nobody else to trade with. But if that doesn't bother you and you just want to chill with some buds you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Bahaha, yeah, sounds right. Honestly, from what I saw even during the PC/DC era, it was just a fun thing on the side for them to do, and not the absolute top priority in their lives (and it really shouldn't be, I'm sure they've got more important things going on). They're cool guys for sure though.

If you want a dedicated GC server that you can trust to not go down, your best bet is honestly to find the server software and set it up yourself. I couldn't tell you what the reliable GC server software is if I wanted to since I don't actually know (also the rules here), but I do know it's out there. I've tinkered with the BB server software and had it running once, it was pretty fun and actually easier than I expected (Someone on this site gave me some pointers, they were a really big help and the reason I pursued it).

It'd be a bit more complex to set up than, say, the minecraft server software, simply because it's not an "official" thing. But once it's up and running it'd be just as easy - start it up, connect your client, give your friends the information to connect. It wouldn't need any kind of heavy duty hardware to run smoothly at all. Back up the files on multiple hard drives if you're paranoid, but otherwise you're set for life.

Granted, it would be just you and your friends, so there'd be nobody else to trade with. But if that doesn't bother you and you just want to chill with some buds you're good to go.
    Unfortenatly im not good with this kind of thing :\ so even if I had the software idk what to do with it, plus I have no money to give updates and keep it up and what not and really I can't do it in general. Ill see if my friends can make one though and ill give them your pointers, ty

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post

Hmm actually I could give it a try, if you can help me. If you want to go onto another chat site and give me more information on this that would be very much appreciated.