Question Help: Misleading Mags and Level Skipping Advice?

Heyo, RuinsGloam here. I normally just lurk around these forums but I had to register so I can make a thread.

I'm currently trying to raise a separate mag as an Apus however I want it to have mainly S-ATK stats so I can equip some of the lower tier rares. A few months ago I had a preplanned format of how the stats should look for an Orion mag with S-ATK but I've since then lost it.

All of this is simply for aesthetics, I already have separate mags dedicated to S-ATK primarily and R-ATK for when I play classes that need it.

So to get right into it,
    Does anyone who knows how to use level skipping(level up two stats at once so the mag doesn't change form at x5 x0 intervals.) have a guide of some sorts or can offer me an idea of what my mags stats should look like for an S-ATK focused Apus or is it impossible?

Again, this endeavour is simply for aesthetic reasons. "Just buy a mag off the AH" or "Just get a pure S-ATK mag" would completely defeat the purpose of even trying this. However if it's impossible I'll have no choice but to give up.

Thanks in Advance.

Level skipping is really hard to pull off in your case, if you don't care that much about stats, it would be much easier to simply level your mag with a correct build. The stats you will have to focus on are DEX, T-DEF, S-ATT

Just make sure you have this going into lvl 95

33 DEX
    31 T-DEF
    31 S-ATT

And this going into lvl 100

33 DEX
    34 T-DEF
    33 S-ATT

and from there until lvl 175 just level T-DEF and S-ATT and keep S-ATT below T-DEF.

Your 175 mag would be
    33 DEX
    71 T-DEF
    71 S-ATT

Theoretically you can skip levels by leveling S-ATT/DEX or T-DEF/DEX at the same time, or skip levels by leveling S-ATT/T-ATT at the same time, however this is a big waste in a stat that will be almost useless to you.

EDIT: Full level skipping will give you a mag with a maximum S-ATT of 98 (at lvl 175). It's just a matter of how much hassle you want to go through for 27 S-att. If this is the difference between equipping a weapon and not equipping, it might be worth it.
    Last edited by Lebensohl; May 18, 2013 at 06:09 PM.

As a person who has raised 3 separate mags involving level skips, it's not really that difficult. Just do your planning ahead of time and double, triple, quadruple check the level and item before feeding it. I messed up my tech mag at level 88-90 because I wasn't looking at the level when I did the double level skip (it happened to line up at level 88, and I just assumed it was at level 89 so was ready for the level skip - I did the level skip one level too early, skipping 89, and arriving on 90, which was the level you're supposed to skip) because I was distracted by a PSE burst. I was pretty mad, but it worked out in the end anyway so no worries.

Level skipping is when you bring two stats very close to completion, and then feed it something that will raise both up at once. With some simple number crunching you can work out an easy repeating plan to repeat every 5 levels.

Here's the planner I used back in, I don't know, august. It was reliable then, I'm sure it's reliable now: http://merriesp.web.fc2.com/magud.html

At lv30, your mag's main stat must be Dex, so like 14 Strike/16 Dex

If you skip every 5th level, you do not need Dex to be the highest.

At lv96, Dex doesn't matter anymore.

At lv100, your Tech stats must be the highest, so something like 41 Strike/16 Dex/43 Tech.

If you skip every 5th level, you do not need Tech to be the highest.

You can't skip lv175, so either your Tech has to be the highest, or don't level past 174. So 79 Strike/16 Dex/80 Tech or 115 Strike/16 Dex/43 Tech.

Unfortunately, you cannot raise S-Atk and T-Def with the same item to skip levels, so you either raise T-Def with T-Atk/Dex/other Def stats, or S-Atk with S-Def/Dex/other Atk stats

Also note that the highest stat cannot be tied with another. If you have 15 Strike/15 Dex, your mag will not evolve at 30. Likewise at lv100, if your mag is 42 Strike/16 Dex/42 Tech (you will keep an Antlia, if that's what you had at lv95). If you do this, you'll need even more points in Dex or Tech than if you evolved earlier (17/18 or 44/16/45).

Knowing your goal, you can get an Antlia at lv30 with 10 S-Atk/11 Dex/9 T-Def.

For every 5th level skip, raise R-Atk/S-Def/Dex by one, along with S-Atk or T-Def. That's 13 skips, so you can get your Apus at lv100 with:

SA/RA/TA/DEX/SD/RD/TD
    31 / 0 / 0 / 11 /13/ 0 / 45
    37 / 0 / 0 / 11 / 0 /13/ 39
    37 /13/ 0 / 11 / 0 / 0 / 39
    37 / 0 / 0 / 25 / 0 / 0 / 38
    44 / 0 /13/ 11 / 0 / 0 / 32

14 more skips to lv174, so it's much of the same, only you don't need T-Def anymore. That means you don't raise T-Atk or R-Def, either.

SA/RA/TA/DEX/SD/RD/TD
    91 / 0 / 0 / 11 /27/ 0 / 45 (from the SD option, raise SD)
    91 / 0 / 0 / 25 /13/ 0 / 45 (from the SD option, raise Dex)
    91 /14/ 0 / 11 /13/ 0 / 45 (from the SD option, raise RA)

97 / 0 / 0 / 11 /14/13/ 39 (from RD option, raise SD)
    97 / 0 / 0 / 25 / 0 /13/ 39 (from RD option, raise Dex)
    97 /14/ 0 / 11 / 0 /13/ 39 (from RD option, raise RA)

97 /13/ 0 / 11 /14/ 0 / 39 (from RA option, raise SD)
    97 /13/ 0 / 25 / 0 / 0 / 39 (from RA option, raise Dex)
    97 /27/ 0 / 11 / 0 / 0 / 39 (from RA option, raise RA)

97 / 0 / 0 / 25 /14/ 0 / 38 (from Dex option, raise SD)
    97 / 0 / 0 / 39 / 0 / 0 / 38 (from Dex option, raise Dex)
    97 /14/ 0 / 25 / 0 / 0 / 38 (from Dex option, raise RA)

104/ 0 /13/ 11 /14/ 0 / 32 (from TA option, raise SD)
    104/ 0 /13/ 25 / 0 / 0 / 32 (from TA option, raise Dex)
    104/14/13/ 11 / 0 / 0 / 32 (from TA option, raise RA)

if you don't skip past lv100, at lv175 you can have:

SA/RA/TA/DEX/SD/RD/TD
    69 / 0 / 0 / 11 /13/ 0 / 82
    75 / 0 / 0 / 11 / 0 /13/ 76
    75 /13/ 0 / 11 / 0 / 0 / 76
    75 / 0 / 0 / 25 / 0 / 0 / 75
    82 / 0 /13/ 11 / 0 / 0 / 69
    Last edited by UnLucky; May 19, 2013 at 07:35 AM.

There's two major approaches:
    Maximize your most desired stat, Striking
    Minimize your least desired stat, Tech

Maximizing striking means having more striking, but also higher tech and lower dex than the alternative (I.E. the mag will be 44 S 45 T 11 D at level 100, followed by raising it to 101 and a repeating pattern of +3 S and a level skip with whatever 2 levels you choose)
    Minimizing your least desired stat means tech is lower, while dex is higher, but striking itself would be also lower (I.E. be 33 S 34 T 33 D at level 100, then get to 101 and do +3 striking followed by level skipping your choice of 2 levels, then repeat)

What it falls down to is if you want a higher combined useful stat amount. Dex benefits your damage, and helps you equip certain items. Striking is more raw damage, but you get less of it because tech needs to be the highest stat at level 100. Dex can also be assumed as a requirement for future equipment, so completely ignoring it is a bit of a bad plan.

Note: After level 100 everything is the same. What varies is how you get from 30 to 100. Ah, also, for level 30, I advise doing 9 S 10 T 11 D. Also note, if you go with the second plan you can get whatever mag you want at level 30 (for its trigger action, HP & PP J being the only good and exclusive ones), then just raise up dex and avoid level skipping entirely until level 104-106.

edit: clarifications
    Last edited by gigawuts; May 19, 2013 at 08:14 AM.

Unhappy

Thanks for the help guys.

@UnLucky
    While yours is the most detailed I'm trying having more trouble than I expected understanding it.
    Granted I start

SA/RA/TA/DEX/SD/RD/TD
    9 / 0 / 0/ 11 / 0 / 0 / 10

From my understanding if I want to maximize my S-ATT I should go form a pattern that gives me.

SA/RA/TA/DEX/SD/RD/TD
    44 / 0 /13/ 11 / 0 / 0 / 32

Raising both S-ATT and T-DEF simultaneously every five levels until level 100? Though from there is where I'm really starting to having difficulties following. Sorry for being so hard headed.

I actually think pooling all your tech into one stat may be better. There are some striking weapons that require tatk, although they're more novelty than anything else. It's up to you, but yeah that's the gist of what to do. Raise two stats at once at level x4 and x9, so you skip to level x6 and x1, then intentionally land on 100 for the evolution. Then raise only striking and dex.

And no worries, we all had a bit of trouble when this was first figured out.

edit: Remember to test plans out on the mag emulator. It's still spot on, and it even gives you the values for amount needed for leveling up and what each item gives for each stat. For instance, below level 50 4* weapons are great for leveling because they're exactly 15 points, and statsup to level 50 require 30. Above 50 they need 70, however, so the numbers change.

What you can do, what I did when I was uncertain anyway, is use uneven but fast items (lots of 6*'s, for example), and then when the stat bars are uneven at level x4 or x9 I feed the mag the appropriate furniture to reduce everything relevant to zero. Then I'm ready to do the level skip with precision.
    Last edited by gigawuts; May 19, 2013 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Then raise only striking and dex.
    Ah, well then that makes it a lot easier. Though I should still be skipping at x4 and x9 after level 100 right?

Right.

The way it works is a mag only evolves at intervals of 5. So at 105, 110, 115, etc. All the way up to 175, and presumably beyond that when we get a higher cap.

So the trick is the mag is never actually on that level again. It never checks. It goes 144 + 2 = 146, not 144 + 1 = 145 + 1 = 146.

So as long as you get the mag you want at least once, and it never arrives on an interval of 5 again, it never stops and checks if it should change again.

In this case, you'd get it to level 100 and raise striking 4 levels, so it's at level 104. Then you raise striking and dex at the same time with a weapon in the same feeding, and now it's level 106. Now you raise striking 3 levels to 109. Now you raise striking and dex in the same feeding so it's 111 - then you continue with (+3 S) -> (+1 S +1 D in one feeding) -> repeat.

This of course means you can't bring the mag to level 175, because the skip fails to work. You need to stop at 174 and either never feed it again (no trigger actions), or alternate what you feed it so it never levels up. I advise alternating between 2* and 5* furniture, or 3* and 6* furniture. Those are great because they reduce twice as much as they increase, so if you mess up one more feeding fixes the mistake like you never made it - unlike alternating weapons, armor, and mates.

Quote Originally Posted by RuinsGloam View Post
    @UnLucky
    While yours is the most detailed I'm trying having more trouble than I expected understanding it.
    Granted I start
    Sorry, I probably threw too many possibilities at you and didn't explain it well enough. Playing around with the mag simulator should help a bit.

Just depends on what you want in the end. You might want some S-Def to equip units, or you might want Dex too.

Raising both S-ATT and T-DEF simultaneously every five levels until level 100? Though from there is where I'm really starting to having difficulties following. Sorry for being so hard headed.
    You can't raise S-Atk and T-Def at the same time. You can, however, use a Star Atomizer to raise all three Atk stats by the same amount. You can use 2* furniture to lower the R-Atk.

Also remember that Atk and Def are combined for evolution, so if you have 20 S-Atk, 20 S-Def, and 30 T-Def, your Striking stats are higher than your Tech stats, so your Antlia would become a Leo at lv100

But that allows S-Atk to be higher than T-Def and still get an Antlia, if you have enough T-Atk to make up the difference. Though it's probably a better idea to just get Dex/T-Def instead of slightly more S-Atk and waste levels on T-Atk.

lv29: 9 S-Atk/11 Dex/9 T-Def, no matter what you raise (by 1), you will get an Antlia

lv34: 14/11/9, raise S-Atk and Dex at the same time (feed a striking weapon) to get 15/12/9 (lv36)

lv39: 15/12/12, raise T-Def and Dex at the same time (feed a rear unit) to get 15/13/13

lv99: 37/24/38, raise anything except Striking (atk or def) by one. Either Dex or T-Def would be a good choice. You will get an Apus mag.

lv104: 41/25/38, raise S-Atk and Dex at the same time (strike weapon)

lv109: 45/26/38, raise S-Atk and Dex at the same time (strike weapon) etc. etc. yadda yadda yadda

lv174: 97/39/38, do NOT raise ANY stat at all or you will get a Leo mag.
    Last edited by UnLucky; May 19, 2013 at 01:32 PM.