Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How to play Techer

First off, this is NOT MY RUN.

Right, so this made me realize that Techer actually has a lot of potential to be played well. I think many of us know die hard Techer players who go on about how they like the class etc etc, but this is the first time I've actually seen someone play it in a way I would actually consider good. I mean lets be serious here, Techer/anything not force with Psycho Wand has always been considered a joke by the majority of the player base. I feel like this could change that though. This class combo has potential to triple step with assault buster and deal really good quick damage while recovering pp because of its melees.

Now clearly this person put a lot of work into their gear. Their weapons would be very expensive to make. This person had to have top of the line gear in order to perform at that level. Their armor is so so for 5 slots considering the lack of ability III + mutation on each one. Probably intended more for Fo. But regardless, its incredible to me that they actually pulled that off.

Thoughts on this? I thought it was rather inspiring personally.

I got a laugh out of the Gonronzan portion. You can pinpoint the exact point where the player goes, "**** it, I'll do the switches later. I'm killing him now."

that looks like a chore
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

I mean, it's a good way to set up dealing a lot of Wand damage, but let's not kid ourselves here it's still really sub-optimal.

Ya know thats pretty baddass and that in a sense is what you would call Battle Mage now that I look at to offset all of that TE/HU would be the way to go HU's passives Furystance and fury combo boost + the JA bonuses.

This is really fascinating now this does has potential indeed.

Yeah def a prime example of Battle Mage...still I wonder how much she spent into all of that goodness...

Welp guess we know if you were to main TE TE/HU is the way to go.
    Last edited by Zenobia; May 18, 2013 at 06:07 PM.

Sig by Gama

People say "so weak" but I did my wand training V quest seven levels under which involved S rank and defeating Catadran. Also it disproves the need for EXP penalty since you could level faster if no penalty. I need to recruit the cast techer questgiver so I'm doing the quest.

I don't know about higher levels though since my techer is level 20.

Techer works well as a sub for any class because of the light spell and resta bonuses to improve healing and PP regen.

Quote Originally Posted by AgemFrostMage View Post
    People say "so weak" but I did my wand training V quest seven levels under which involved S rank and defeating Catadran. Also it disproves the need for EXP penalty since you could level faster if no penalty. I need to recruit the cast techer questgiver so I'm doing the quest.

Techer works well as a sub for any class because of the light spell and resta bonuses to improve healing and PP regen.
    It's not just that this person is a TE/HU ofc she has the pp regen resta bonuses but she also has 2 of the same weapon both grinded to 10 with respected elementa weakness and with HU's passive and active skills on her...I won' lie man she wrecked havoc in that run.

Those affixes are hellish beast dude.

Sig by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by AgemFrostMage View Post

Believe me, later on its normally not a very viable class. This person did a lot to make it more effective than it usually would have been. Later on things get more tanky by a lot.

Another fact I didn't mention is the latent on the balidoran wand would have helped his damage a lot. Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that its a badass run.

This is basicly how I play my techer(Without triple dashing) although she is much better geared. I surprisingly do way more physical damage then she does.(I do 1.2k-1.3k against non elementally weak mobs..) But she wrecks me in tech damage.

Good show!
    Laxedrane - Ship 10| Force-70 Hunter-70 Techer-70 Braver-70 Bouncer-70
    Darrin- Ship 10 Ranger-62 Gunner-65 Force-1 Techer-0
    Ismaire- Ship 10 Hunter-51 Braver-51 Bounder-1

im gonna have to watch this when i get home from work,but im pretty sure im gonna laugh my ass off and feel vindicated. since ive always been te/fi,te/hu. just look at the techer thread.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none