Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I honestly found Sonic Heroes to be a nice game, and feel like it only deserves hate for a few totally avoidable reasons...

I mean, level designs were pretty cool. Music was also nice. Compare this:

To this:

Oh my god shut the fuck up and let me just enjoy the level.

At some points all three of them are talking simultaneously.

I wont even lie there were a lot of music I really like from a lot of the sonic games more Sonic Adventure 2 but Sonic 06 on the xbox(fucking bugs and glitches aside) had some worthy ost music. one being the valley music which I love personally.

Here is the complete version of the Three Segment Stage of Kingdom Valley with all 4 ost in one

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCaomZG5Q1U

Now here it is broken down into those 4 segments in order

Kingdom Valley-Wind
    Kingdom Valley - The Castle
    Kingdom Valley - Lakeside
    Kingdom Valley - Water

All that aside in all honesty, if they put as much work into the actual game as they did the soundtrack, I can safely say Sonic 06 could have been one of the best titles of all time. Soundtracks like these are usually only found in insanely revolutionary games like Mass Effect, Halo, Elder Scrolls, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, etc. I honestly saw what they were trying to go for with Sonic 06, and it was a good idea on paper(except maybe the horrible story), but there were so many factors working against it.

Sig by Gama

Falz with Freezing attacks? More like it, but I honestly can't see it being much of a difference from regular Falz (just now with even more rage quitting when people don't do it right )

The event mission looks pretty interesting, about time we had a real event.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I honestly found Sonic Heroes to be a nice game, and feel like it only deserves hate for a few totally avoidable reasons...

I mean, level designs were pretty cool. Music was also nice.

Oh my god shut the fuck up and let me just enjoy the level.

At some points all three of them are talking simultaneously.
    The music is good, the gameplay was pretty mediocre imo. Long levels full of flow-breaking battle segments and the fact that you had to play through the same ones four times.

My personal favorite tracks are all from Sonic Adventure 1(It also happens to be my favorite 3D title). Though Sonic Rush has an amazing ost as well. Everything after Sonic Adventure I consider a change in formula and don't really try to compare their qualities.
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

That's true, Sonic really does have as many playstyles as Mario - it's just Mario's are more obvious what with being soccer and the like.

There's 2-3 kinds of 3D games, 2-3 kinds of 2D games, that racing game, Sonic Heroes is definitely its own type, and then I'm probably missing a few (wasn't there a Sonic Golf or something?)

I definitely love some of them, but loathe others. I feel like the "Sonic is dead" thing only came up because people love some types but hate others, and Sega can only make so many games at a time so will be producing games you may not like for a few releases.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I like sonic heroes level/gameplay more than sonic adventure 2 <_<;;;

not enough speed levels... treasure hunting monotonous, shooting levels... why did you exist...

And I loved how heroes teamed up the orginal three characters all at once and mix/matched gameplay with their abilities... BUT I don't think it needed the 3 other teams either... Cept for chaotix being generally awesome. <_<;;

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    I like sonic heroes level/gameplay more than sonic adventure 2 <_<;;;

not enough speed levels... treasure hunting monotonous, shooting levels... why did you exist...

And I loved how heroes teamed up the orginal three characters all at once and mix/matched gameplay with their abilities... BUT I don't think it needed the 3 other teams either... Cept for chaotix being generally awesome. <_<;;
    Chaotix team was the Ghetto version of there play through being honest I played that team first huehuehue<3

Sig by Gama

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

I won't be surprised if Sonic Heroes again

Quote Originally Posted by Cyron Tanryoku View Post
    I won't be surprised if Sonic Heroes again
    Idm that one bit the lobby music they keep feeding us makes my ears bleed....

Sig by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    That's true, Sonic really does have as many playstyles as Mario - it's just Mario's are more obvious what with being soccer and the like.

There's 2-3 kinds of 3D games, 2-3 kinds of 2D games, that racing game, Sonic Heroes is definitely its own type, and then I'm probably missing a few (wasn't there a Sonic Golf or something?)

I definitely love some of them, but loathe others. I feel like the "Sonic is dead" thing only came up because people love some types but hate others, and Sega can only make so many games at a time so will be producing games you may not like for a few releases.
    Sonic Adventure kind of tried to maintain the spirit of the 2D series, though opinions vary even amongst the original trilogy. While a lot of people will swear Sonic 3K is the pinnacle, many people prefer the speedy(And somewhat cheap difficulty) of Sonic 2(My least favorite).

The dichotomy gets pretty interesting when you compare how much more exploration exists in 3K and CD, but the image born from Sonic being a "fast-paced" series spawned great games like Rush Adventure so I can't really complain.

I just think Sonic Adventure 2 was what started the shark jumping. Not so much that I believe Sonic is dead, but thats where they stopped trying to keep the old gameplay style alive. It may as well have been a new series altogether, and most the gamers who only owned a NGC jumped on-board the series here and thought it was THE BEST THING EVAR!

The classic Sonic gameplay in Generations is more like a tacked on afterthought, and Dimps has pretty much just been pumping out mediocre titles since post-Rush. The only ones I look forward to are the major 3D titles headed by Sonic Team.

What I really want from this update are Chao mags. I also already plan to own pretty much every Tails-related object. *hoards meseta* 3:
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)