Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy!

Default New guy!

I didn't see anything like this but my basic question is, what do I need todo to play the psp games. Is there anyway to play them on vita? I know psp2 is no longer on psn but I cant find any straight answer about how to play these games. Can someone give me a rundown on these games and where they're at/ how I can play them.

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemos View Post
    I didn't see anything like this but my basic question is, what do I need todo to play the psp games. Is there anyway to play them on vita? I know psp2 is no longer on psn but I cant find any straight answer about how to play these games. Can someone give me a rundown on these games and where they're at/ how I can play them.
    To play them on the Vita you would need to have a copy of the dl version of the game on your mem stick. I've heard reports that say you can run LCFW on the PSP emulator on the Vita so you might be able to use an ISO that way, but I'm not sure about that as it may have been patched or something. The other option is to just plain outright hack your Vita and be the first person to do so successfully that we know of so that you can run stuff that isn't official on it. OH, and you can still buy PSP2I off of the JP PSN store.

Sounds good I'll just hack the vita real quick and get back to you >_>

Sounds good I'll just hack the vita real quick and get back to you >_>
    You didn't read the last sentence did you. "OH, and you can still buy PSP2I off of the JP PSN store."

What goes along with this? I know I need to get a japanese psn account but if I do that what will happen to my psv? will it simply download the games and add them in with my NA games or will it need to be like a japanese region psv?

What goes along with this? I know I need to get a japanese psn account but if I do that what will happen to my psv? will it simply download the games and add them in with my NA games or will it need to be like a japanese region psv?
    You will want a second memory stick for your JP games so that you don't have to redownload everything everytime you switch accounts. You'll need a JP account and about 3000 yen(buy a JP PSN card off of playasia.com). You'll need to reset your Vita with your normal mem stick not in it, once you've reset it put your JP mem stick(no that does not mean it needs to be a Japanese mem stick) in it. Hook your JP account up to your Vita and go to the PSN store, find PSP2I and buy it(you can enter the code for your PSN credits in the upper right corner, the option with a pencil writing "12").

At least those are the normal steps for Vita games. If you can hook up a different account to the PSP Emulator without having to connect the same account to your Vita you won't likely need to do half of that. If you can do it the same way you do it on the PSP you just delete the connection between your usual account and hook up the emulator to your JP account and buy the game.

Last I checked, Infinity couldn't be played on the Vita.

It's playable through a back door. Otherwise, it's unplayable even if you did purchase it off of PSN.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

PS for anyone seeing this, I bought a psp a few days ago and am currently playing Phantasy Star Portable. Plan on buying PSPo2 when I finish this.

WOO

I will make sure to post my PSN name if anyone wants to play

PS for anyone seeing this, I bought a psp a few days ago and am currently playing Phantasy Star Portable. Plan on buying PSPo2 when I finish this.

WOO

I will make sure to post my PSN name if anyone wants to play
    We don't need your PSN name to play with you on PSP2. So unless you're talking about PSP1 over AHP...