Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    since playing phase 3 i have had no desire to even launch pso 2...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeota View Post
    But yeah, I hear you on not wanting to play PSO2 after playing phase 3. Lately I've only been logging in during special bonus days.
    Same here, I've been getting bored with PSO2 and GW2 lately unless I'm doing something with my friends. GW2 has been getting dull lately since Arenanet/NCSoft insists on making the majority of their Living Story content temporary, and on top of that, a good chunk of the Dragon Bash achievements consisted of running up to things and pressing F a hundred times... I'm pretty much only getting on it to do daily/monthly achievements for laurels since I can still get one more ascended accessory for my character. I wish they'd bring back SAB, or at least give us new maps to explore...

I just hope ARR has enough at launch to keep all the 1.0/Legacy veterans interested. A lot of us have most, if not all, of our classes/jobs at 50, along with endgame gear (which, a lot of it has changed, I'll admit) and even relic weapons. Personally, I hope they bring back meriting and level-sync outside of FATE's, or some way to utilize exp for max-level characters so there will still be a point to killing monsters, doing quests, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeota View Post
    Most people I knew did colibri and took jobs that could do piercing damage. Those bastards loved to take your food.
    Don't look now, but... they're back. Dunno if they still steal food effects or not, but I remember a friend of mine saying that people farmed these bastards all the time in FF11:

Spoiler!

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    I just hope ARR has enough at launch to keep all the 1.0/Legacy veterans interested. A lot of us have most, if not all, of our classes/jobs at 50, along with endgame gear (which, a lot of it has changed, I'll admit) and even relic weapons.
    Saw this guy with a fancy hat the other day. ;3

Spoiler!
    Tax the fucking churches.

Quote Originally Posted by Palle View Post
    Saw this guy with a fancy hat the other day. ;3

Spoiler!
    LOL, yeah that's me alright!

And that "fancy hat" was one of the best White Mage head items you could get back near the end of 1.0. From what I could tell now, it still is... but whether or not the new stat reforms will stay at release remains to be seen. A lot of people were upset about how a lot of gearsets and weapons (especially grand company lieutenant gear) was no longer top-tier, especially when they turned in the now-superior primal weapons for seals to buy them. It also didn't help that we had to re-ally ourselves with the GC's all over again during the test before we could equip them at all. One of my good friends was pissed at how they drastically changed the White Raven earrings (which, if you don't know, were only available near the end of 1.0 as a reward for the most difficult fight in the game; my friend was with a group that had the world 2nd/server 1st win) because they were supposed to be a highly prestigious, best-in-slot item. Right now, I'm kicking myself over selling my old Sentinel's gear back in the day because it's actually better than the Militia set I'm using now, whereas in 1.0, the Militia set was better. @_@

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

servers back up tonight at 5am est

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    since playing phase 3 i have had no desire to even launch pso 2...
    May have lost that urge for PSO2 a while back, but I will say Phase 3 pretty much makes me only want to play FFXIV when it is up. The time between weekends feel long though.

Just a shame I am going to a music fest tomorrow, so today is my only day to play.

I played the beta last weekend and it was pretty fun. Might play again this weekend but to be honest I'm not super addicted to it like I was ffxi.

I've been playing it all day today since I finally got my invite.

It's a very traditional, but remarkably well-executed MMORPG. I'm rather enjoying it, but I'm not going to say it's blowing my mind or anything. On the other hand, if you consider how far it's gone from the original version, that is pretty goddamn impressive. It's pretty much a whole new game (that reuses some of the old assets).

That being said, it is seriously goddamn pretty. I mean holy shizzle, this is one pretty game. See for yourself:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Zyrusticae; Jun 28, 2013 at 10:21 PM.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

I'm also reluctant to play phase 4 since my phase 3 character was wiped-- I just hate those early collection quests

Quote Originally Posted by rolyat View Post
    I'm also reluctant to play phase 4 since my phase 3 character was wiped-- I just hate those early collection quests
    This is the reason I'm skipping all the quest text. When I'm actually on my launch character, I plan to take my time and dig into the story. For now, it's all disposable.

Which kind of brings me to an odd place, as I am having more fun playing new characters than my Legacy characters... I dunno if I will even bother with Legacy at launch.

Tax the fucking churches.