Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Upcoming Beta Test Schedule: Jul. 10th 2:00 a.m. to Jul. 15th 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / Jul. 10th 9:00 to Jul. 15th 9:00 (GMT) - Part 2 of Phase 3 Test 4. Something besides a weekend for once.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

Finally, got the BETA key and whatnot.. installing the game...

Should I pick a server, or what? I wont be playing with any local friends, nor friends online.. .
    Is there a server option?
    Never played a FF game online, so I am almost completely lost on the protocols.
    I'm sure I can easily pick it up as soon as I get into it, I'm a quick learner.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post
    Should I pick a server, or what? I wont be playing with any local friends, nor friends online...

Is there a server option?

Never played a FF game online, so I am almost completely lost on the protocols.
    I'm sure I can easily pick it up as soon as I get into it, I'm a quick learner.

As you can see, beta populations are pretty balanced. You cannot join a Legacy server as far as I know, at least until retail launch. Ultros is the unofficial NeoGAF server, Gilgamesh is the unofficial Reddit server, I'm sure there are other communities floating around as well.

Forget anything you might have heard about FFXI, FFXIV is nothing like it in terms of mechanics. Since we're still in beta, those mechanics are still open to tweaks (hoping there are some skill fixes still coming). Depending on your starting class and dedication, you'll want to read up on macroing. Just watch out for old info, as the syntax for macros has been altered frequently throughout the betas.

Quote Originally Posted by Palle View Post
    Spoiler!

As you can see, beta populations are pretty balanced. You cannot join a Legacy server as far as I know, at least until retail launch. Ultros is the unofficial NeoGAF server, Gilgamesh is the unofficial Reddit server, I'm sure there are other communities floating around as well.

Forget anything you might have heard about FFXI, FFXIV is nothing like it in terms of mechanics. Since we're still in beta, those mechanics are still open to tweaks (hoping there are some skill fixes still coming). Depending on your starting class and dedication, you'll want to read up on macroing. Just watch out for old info, as the syntax for macros has been altered frequently throughout the betas.

Thanks!
    I will reference this for when I can play...

When Zeota says July 10-15, does that mean I only have time to play for 5 days?
    Or is that a time frame in waves of beta players are starting?

I've never owned a powerful pc, to participate in a BETA, until last year, and this would be my first... so I know nothing about how it works.

I know what it is, in terms of what the word means... but I don't know how to work this one, or any FF game.

That's the timeframe your able to play until they temporarily shut down servers until the next test.

Depending on the reaction to the next phase, I may hold off on updating the client. What I experienced in test 3 wasn't too spectacular and still open to changes.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

These are the last days of phase 3, so dump your clients on Monday. If I were to guess, I wouldn't expect to see P4 until early next month.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)

Quote Originally Posted by Palle View Post
    Here's hoping I wont need 3 marcos for one(or many) spells, like I did with RDM and SCH. Stoneskin needs about 2 for instance. Although with SpellCast you can narrow that all down to a single macro.

equip macros are pretty much a thing of the past in ARR.

also...gimme dem seals

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Rumor has it that P4 will start early next month and run for a week.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)