Page 224 of 576 FirstFirst ... 124174214221222223224225226227234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 5755

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post

It does it contributes to the drop rate as Quarts does drop that tech def rq Katana so why wouldn't you?

I was the under the impression it only affects units, hence why I said "unless it's Crys Draal.

Eh, I'm still getting KO'd in minutes versus Quartz/Crys. Anybody got any good strategies to avoiding death grants and breaking his body parts faster?

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    Eh, I'm still getting KO'd in minutes versus Quartz/Crys. Anybody got any good strategies to avoiding death grants and breaking his body parts faster?
    Outside of stunlocking him, and running with friends, you can only do one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    Take your time fighting it, and try to get used to its patterns. No need to rush if youre soloing it. Should be pretty straightforward if youre using katana and JG.
    Almost 10 years later. Still forever sleep deprived.

Run from Grants if you're not using Katana Combat (with Combat Escape), Just Guard more, use Average Stance for his parts, Weak Stance when they're broken

l2dodge, don't get stuck in corners, break his nose repeatedly
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Only for the units, and they're not even 10* unless it's Crys Draal (which can also drop the worthless units).
    Guess that explains the Crys Callibur and Crys Twin Daggers (As opposed to crys drall I suppose) that Midori got then and that was sunder 10-15 runs either.

Sarcasm aside I must be looking at like 500+ kills for Quarts and like 9k kills for that Obs if want any of em.

Sig by Gama

The grants rain is still easy to guard if you learn the timing after the audio cue.

Also, get in the habit of being ready to guard a second time immediately after just guarding. Katana just guard is not the same as hunter just guard. The guard initiates a fraction of a second later than hunter weapons do (bring up weapon -> slight delay -> guard begins). There's also no extended invulnerability after the animation unlike hunter just guard - when you fall back to the ground you're vulnerable. These two things seem minor, but against things like grants rain and quartz's double or quad horn will mean death if you mess it up.

Hunter would guard the grants rain by hearing the audio cue, waiting, just guarding, waiting for a tiny bit while being able to walk around (I usually walk in a quick circle), then just guarding again. Katanas don't allow this. You need to hear the audio cue, guard a little bit sooner, then release your guard button and press it again as soon as you do the slash to do another just guard.

Quartz's double horn is the same. Hunter's extended invuln will protect it from the second swipe - braver has to just guard both individually.

A lot of my deaths are the result of muscle memory tuned to hunter weapon timing, which will be off by ever so slightly for katanas. It's very annoying to raise your katana to guard grants rain and, with it in front of you plain as day, get hit by one droplet and then killed anyway.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I play this game without sound and can normally katana JG through all the laser rain hits if I see it coming. Probably monkey instinct muscle memory from all the times it killed me as HU or FI.
    #Humble Brag

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Guess that explains the Crys Callibur and Crys Twin Daggers (As opposed to crys drall I suppose) that Midori got then and that was sunder 10-15 runs either.

Sarcasm aside I must be looking at like 500+ kills for Quarts and like 9k kills for that Obs if want any of em.
    Even if it's more than mere superstition, I would not bring myself to break wings of every Quartz I see, though I suppose it varies depending on the person.

Does anyone know the % dmg bonus the latent Deadly Breeze gives?
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.