Page 372 of 576 FirstFirst ... 272322362369370371372373374375382422472 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 5755

Quote Originally Posted by rashoood View Post
    From what I noticed, I still find hatou at the optimum range is the strongest DPS katana PA.

Sakura, is really awesome after the buff, but I noticed that 2 sakura endo back to back is still slightly weaker or equal to one Shunka. Two sakuras kinda feel like they take the same time as one shunka, no?

I have yet to try tsukimi and i personally find asagiri kinda weak.

Thoughts?
    Sakura is still slower after use, and only very slightly weaker than hatou. Costs 5 less PP and much easier to use optimally on SH though (ex: getting full weakpoint damage on rockbear's face with sakura end for 50k+ damage is much easier than using hatou). Really good against those surprisingly stubborn small enemies on the new planet if you kanran them first.

Tsukimi isn't worth the time or space to me. Uncharged sakura does more damage. Asagiri has less of a reason to be on my pallet because of run speed adjustments.

I still use shunka because of the damage:PP + distance closer. Still great in TD. The stab one shots goldra bomb backs for a stun, the overheads can break the face armor, opening them for a possible ~22k+ x2 to the face.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Sep 14, 2014 at 03:45 PM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxy View Post
    Since the katana pa buff, I don't even have shunka on any of my palettes. 2 sakura is weaker than 1 shunka, but you can pull off 2 Sakura faster than a full shunka, it leaves you less vulnerable, and you'll get the full damage out whereas with shunka you might have to dodge before you get the last hits out.

Asagiri is a lot better than it used to be, but it's still fairly mediocre comparatively. One thing to note is that asagiri's dash has iframes. Doesn't make it any better but it's there.

Tsukimi literally got doubled in damage and in my opinion is one of the best katana pa's right now. It's super fast and low pp cost (only 20 now!). I use it in conjunction with Counter Wave (which also got doubled in damage btw) to sit in front of things and carelessly spam away. It does the same damage as 1 sakura hit (so half sakura damage).

Speaking of counter wave, it's much better than stepping.
    Spoiler!

It does 2 hits, the katana slash (which is just normal attack damage), and the wave (which is almost 2x normal damage, but also in a fairly decent size cone). I've hit weak points for over 10k.
    yeah i like the wave counter lol

and I see XD I guess i need to try out tsukimi then. And yeah i was always pondering on if its better to use shunka or sakura on enemies that are hard to hatou lol

But i always thought doing charged sakura repeatedly will dish out the same as doing shunkas. i still think spamming sakura is not faster than spamming shunka (assuming two sakura = one shunka). needs to be tested XD. I will try timing them i guess lol

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Sakura is still slower after use, and only very slightly weaker than hatou. Costs 5 less PP and much easier to use optimally on SH though (ex: getting full weakpoint damage on rockbear's face with sakura end for 50k+ damage is much easier than using hatou). Really good against those surprisingly stubborn small enemies on the new planet if you kanran them first.

Tsukimi isn't worth the time or space to me. Uncharged sakura does more damage. Asagiri has less of a reason to be on my pallet because of run speed adjustments.

I still use shunka because of the damage:PP + distance closer. Still great in TD. The stab one shots goldra bomb backs for a stun, the overheads can break the face armor, opening them for a possible ~22k+ x2 to the face.
    seems like we play so similar... lol its like you are speaking my mind

EDIT: you are right. Doing two sakura = 2.7~ seconds, and one full shunka is 3.7~

but yeah on some certain enemies i prefer shunka :P like those fatties in the new area
    Last edited by rashoood; Sep 14, 2014 at 04:32 PM.

From what I noticed, I still find hatou at the optimum range is the strongest DPS katana PA.

Sakura, is really awesome after the buff, but I noticed that 2 sakura endo back to back is still slightly weaker or equal to one Shunka. Two sakuras kinda feel like they take the same time as one shunka, no?

I have yet to try tsukimi and i personally find asagiri kinda weak.

Thoughts?
    Nah.
    Shunka isn't weak or anything (I should probably put it back on my palette) but Sakura Endo is faster by a good margin.
    I'd say about 3 is shunka speed.
    The main difference is that Sakura is fast so you can dodge inbetween without sacrificing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxy View Post
    Speaking of counter wave, it's much better than stepping.
    Spoiler!

It does 2 hits, the katana slash (which is just normal attack damage), and the wave (which is almost 2x normal damage, but also in a fairly decent size cone). I've hit weak points for over 10k.
    Guess I should counter more after all.
    With this it is worth trying to counter if the lag isn't too big.
    But if you got proper lag, counter still is suicide.

and I see XD I guess i need to try out tsukimi then.
    why...now?
    Me saying it's op as fuck and giving numbers and examples not good enough?
    .-.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Guess I should counter more after all.
    With this it is worth trying to counter if the lag isn't too big.
    But if you got proper lag, counter still is suicide.
    Hit detection is client-side. Lag only matters if you screw up the counter and then get knocked down seemingly randomly later when the server acknowledges that you were hit, and that happens regardless of whether you counter or step.

Lag matters when enemies teleport, though.
    I got that pretty often.

And even more often I got that my ui doesn't update fast enough.
    I can get hit 2 or even 3 times before my hp drop so I can't tell if I can risk countering and possibly getting the timing wrong (I'm not bad but far from good) or if I just should get the hell away and heal right now.

Any tips on katana braver unit set?
    Also which PA's are more useful? Planning on putting 4 different x3 PA's on the weapon palette..

Quote Originally Posted by MarvinTheMartian View Post
    Any tips on katana braver unit set?
    Also which PA's are more useful? Planning on putting 4 different x3 PA's on the weapon palette..
    You have 3 options really for units, depending on how squish you want to be and how much you value total PP pool:

1) Gloam + White tail = 60 s/r-atk and 26 PP from units alone. Reasonable defensive stats. 80 HP total with 3% strike/ranged resist per unit.
    2) XQ PP units (namely Thousand or Magika) = 90 s/r/t-atk and 15 PP. Shitty defensive stats and base HP. 2% strike resist per unit.
    3) Saiki units (new 11*s) = 60 s/r/t-atk and 25 PP from units alone. Most tanky unit set regarding s/r/t-def stats and units give 150 HP as well total along with 4% strike/ranged resist per unit.

For PAs, Sakuraendo, Hatou Rindou, and Kanran Kikyou are your go-to PAs and Shunkashunran has some situational use as well.

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    You have 3 options really for units, depending on how squish you want to be and how much you value total PP pool:

1) Gloam + White tail = 60 s/r-atk and 26 PP from units alone. Reasonable defensive stats. 80 HP total with 3% strike/ranged resist per unit.
    2) XQ PP units (namely Thousand or Magika) = 90 s/r/t-atk and 15 PP. Shitty defensive stats and base HP. 2% strike resist per unit.
    3) Saiki units (new 11*s) = 60 s/r/t-atk and 25 PP from units alone. Most tanky unit set regarding s/r/t-def stats and units give 150 HP as well total along with 4% strike/ranged resist per unit.

For PAs, Sakuraendo, Hatou Rindou, and Kanran Kikyou are your go-to PAs and Shunkashunran has some situational use as well.
    Thanks!

im pretty sure gekka zakurou out dps's sakura. just do a short hop beforehand, or do it after a counter. If you're in a team with a techer it's better than kanran

How?
    Gekka does like 110% dmg of Tsukimi but takes like twice as long.
    not to mention Tsukimi allows for easy airtime braver which is realyl useful vs tall onis and the new boss, whereas Gekka's downward slash goes to the ground, always to the ground.

Also, Luther set with good abilities is also very good.
    Especially when you don't want to walk through Dudu Hell.
    It has very good def, resists all dmg and has a nice set bonus.