Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

WTF IS EVERYONE THINKING? I've been BSOD three times week already. Everyone Still dupes its not that hard. Pretty soon there will e codes to get the items automatically. So there won't be a need to dupe. I JUST WANT THE ITEMS I FOUND BACK!!!! Bad thing is I didnt' even back up when it did happen.... Whatevers.

I don't understand what the ruckus is all about. I personally don't mind the dupers and the cheaters out there. It really won't affect my personal enjoyment of the game (maybe that's just me).

Ever since the dawn of gaming, there has always been walkthrus/codes and cheats to help you thru a game. It wasn't an issue back then, so why is it now? What's the difference between offline cheating and online cheating? Just because every Tom, Dick and Harry have this "rare item," so what? People who are pissed off about this are probably those who like to be the only ones to have that rare item to themselves - and then shows it off to satisfy their ego. Reminds me of a kid in 3rd grade showing off his hard-to-get GI Joe.

OK, so maybe some are really pissed because of the fact that they spent hundred of hours earning that rare item... only to find that "Tom lv01" has that rare item too. But really... who cares? Does it really affect you that much? I know it wouldn't bother me. Atleast I acquired the experience and the skill to get that item. As the saying goes, cheaters will only cheat themselves out of a great gaming experience. Like cheaters who cheat on exams are really cheating themselves out of their future... they won't learn a thing or two.

I admit that I did look up codes/cheats for a game I find difficult to beat. Who hasn't?? I bet 99% of gamers out there had one time or another look up for a cheat code to get thru a tough game.

It may sound like I am contradicting myself when I say cheaters are only cheating themselves... (then saying I myself had cheated) however, it is one's prerogative to do so whether or not one wants to take the easy way out or that there is absolutely no way in hell that one can be able to finish a game without some form of a cheat code (*cough*MDK2). But then again, it may be different online. However, I fail to see how a person cheating in PSO affects another person's level of enjoyment playing the game.

Don't get me wrong, I don't condone nor do I advocate dupers or cheaters... I just really don't mind them. Just my opinion.

Oh and so not to stay OT, I do 100% back you up in this petition. I personally think losing a character or any items acquired is far worse than cheaters and/or dupers.

I belive I found the key in the file and successfully mended it into the other save. The only problem that I am coming across is when I email it to myself the browser ONLY reads it as text. If you can find a fix to that I can continue working on this. otw I just hit a brick wall =(.[addsig]
    I've been working for hours the past two days to get my character back up. The only file I had was on my PC, so I had to ask around to find out how to get it back to the DC in a recognizable file type...here's how its done. It has to do with the MIME file type when you send the file back to the dreamcast, which the PC doesn't recognize by default.

The file name is "PSO______SYS.dat"

Make sure you have Windows show extentions..

Win2k and WinME dont have a place to change MIME type
    where it lets you do it in Win95/98....

To change the MIME type, first, register the file type (give it a .dat extension if it doesn't have one) with
    something like Notepad.....

Now, open up RegEdit.exe

go to
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
    (first thing on top)

hit the + sign to expand it... see all the file extensions it shows?
    go down to the ".dat" entry and click it..

Now, on the right panel, if you dont see "Content Type" , right click and
    select
    New -> String Value

put in the name "Content Type" (without quotes), and then for its data put
    in the MIME type "application/x-dreamcast-vms" (without quotes again)..

With that set, now use Outlook Express (or whatever) to email the file to
    your Dreamcast. if it sets the MIME type right, your DC will be able to save
    the file to VMU again.

Now, this will only let me play offline...when I try to go online, I'm fuXored with the "corrupt file" routine.

Hope you get this working...

sign me up
    You should also go to petitiononline.com and start one there

Ambrai if Blink's technique does'nt work or you have Win 2k or ME send me the file to [email protected] and i'll try to post it on a website that allows files to be downloaded through the Dreamcast and send you the link.

How do you propose we change the servers to allow cheating? Why were the servers changed to stop cheating? Weren't you all complaining often about cheating? Am I in the same forum?