Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The first and most prominent utensil....

Post PSO 2 Windows Theme

I recently got a new laptop, and found they had removed my favorite sound scheme, which I figured I would rectify with a simple video game theme. I found none of them to be to my liking, and decided I'd make a sound scheme for my personal use.

After tons of searching and googling, it's going to be more work than I'd like, but to perhaps repay the community for answering a number of my questions, I figured I'd make a full theme and share it. I could also use some help on the easier tasks and some brainstorming power.

I've gotten a few sounds, but am finding some of them are tricky to isolate or find, even with all other sound classes muted. Sound effects (SE) just tend to overlap in this game.
    e.g. The main menu SE is interrupted by the agreement window popping up. Best idea I've had so far is to figure out ways to delay it's appearance until enough of the Menu SE has played so I can stitch two clips together
    Additionally, spending all this time on the sounds leaves me little time to sort through wallpapers to pick some of the best.
    So, post your ideas, sound requests, and wallpapers and I'll do my best to pull it all together in the next week or so.

If there's not much interest, at the very least I'll probably come post a link to all the sound bits I've archived by the end.

Thanks y'all

Some early examples, both have the sounds and a decent color selected:
    Just one wallpaper, about 5MB: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx1c...it?usp=sharing
    A number of wallpapers I grabbed from Meji's flickr rather unceremoniously, about 36MB: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx1c...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by TheForc; Jun 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM.

I need to hit the hay right now, but I can help out with this when I'm not working. I've got some fantastic non-screenshot wallpapers.

The obligatory log on theme played when you start the computer would be "ふっふっふ。何用かね?"
    And when you shut it down, "また来たまえ"

Meji | Ship 02 | LV75 Bouncer/Hunter | Proud leader of Celestial

I took a break to look for wallpapers, and was shocked at how few there are, at least in western online wallpaper communities.

And Meji, are those song titles or is there a sound effect dump somewhere that has named files? I would feel so dumb if there was... -_-

Quote Originally Posted by TheForc View Post
    I took a break to look for wallpapers, and was shocked at how few there are, at least in western online wallpaper communities.

And Meji, are those song titles or is there a sound effect dump somewhere that has named files? I would feel so dumb if there was... -_-
    They're the sounds Dudu makes when you visit and leave him.

Also, check out this thread for a few audio files.

Meji | Ship 02 | LV75 Bouncer/Hunter | Proud leader of Celestial

Quote Originally Posted by Meji View Post
    The obligatory log on theme played when you start the computer would be "ふっふっふ。何用かね?"
    There's a special place in hell for you.

Or すばらしく運がないな君は when an error pops up? For wallpaper check out pxiv, they generally have pretty cool nsfw pso2 art work.

id like to share my current wallpaper.

Spoiler!

link is still uploading...
    made it in several color variations but this is the original one.

sorry if the res isnt good enought. but its easy to make.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Meji View Post
    They're the sounds Dudu makes when you visit and leave him.

Also, check out this thread for a few audio files.
    Nice! I had found one of the announcer packs elsewhere but this one has some specific clips I wanted.

Thanks m8.

Mh, kind of wish you could change the look of the windows to PSO2's windows... but even if there was a relatively easy way, I bet I'd break my PC in the process.