Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So I'm looking to buy this game.

I went on amazon and saw that the japanese version is loads cheaper than the localized version (I really don't know why). Does the Japanese version have any english settings at all? Do I even really need to know japanese to play the game? Because I don't want to spend 60 bucks on this game.
    [Synthetica]
    |Rave Core|
    [HU:48|FI:1|RA:1|GU:1|FO:51|TE:46|BR:69|BO:25|SU:1]
    My Sound Cloud

100% japanese, if you know katakana you may know what items you are picking up, other than story mode you will not have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMettaurX View Post
    spend 60 bucks
    It's not really that steep of a price considering the alternative is going back to a state of illiteracy. You won't have a wealth of resources at your fingertips to help translate either, since the US got it's localized version (unlike PSP2i and currently PSO2).

The game isn't half bad either.

If you have a GameStop somewhat nearby, check there. PSZero is going for $34 New and $13 used according to their site. You might only be able to track down a used copy at this point, meaning the item codes will probably be used up. Still, they're mostly just promotional tie-ins.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Nah, 58 is far too much considering that I can just play PSO2, or import the japanese version for 1/3 of the price.

But i'll try to find it at like best buy or gamestop or something.
    [Synthetica]
    |Rave Core|
    My Sound Cloud

I got this game for like $12 on ebay.

If you buy it used, be sure to hold A+B+X+Y+R+L while the logos are being shown, that will wipe all the data - and I mean all of it - so you can play from factory settings. c:

Also you can get English waaayyy cheaper than $60... I got mine for like 35 on Amazon, including shipping, original case, and instruction manual. Game alone is like 25 + 4.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekku View Post
    If you buy it used, be sure to hold A+B+X+Y+R+L while the logos are being shown, that will wipe all the data - and I mean all of it - so you can play from factory settings. c:

Also you can get English waaayyy cheaper than $60... I got mine for like 35 on Amazon, including shipping, original case, and instruction manual. Game alone is like 25 + 4.99.
    The prices I was looking at were on Amazon. I'm trying to find a complete set of the game. Case and Manual. there was a copy at a gamestop one town over, but I went and bought a perfect condition Disgaea DS. That game is pretty darn rare.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...seller=&sr=8-1 NA version

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new Import
    [Synthetica]
    |Rave Core|
    My Sound Cloud

You can also check eBay. Don't buy unless the seller shows he or she took a picture of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMettaurX View Post
    The prices I was looking at were on Amazon. I'm trying to find a complete set of the game. Case and Manual. there was a copy at a gamestop one town over, but I went and bought a perfect condition Disgaea DS. That game is pretty darn rare.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...seller=&sr=8-1 NA version

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new Import
    Those are "new" prices, though. Look through the used listings until you find a description with box and manual, I found... one, for $20 listed there. I would suggest getting that one, but it is likely to be bought quickly. Or, you can wait for more full used sets to crop up if you don't catch that one.

Anyway... in the name of playing in English, it's a lot better to just forgo the box and manual and save loads of money. If you buy the Japanese, the manual is useless and so is the game's language. I guess for collector's purposes you should buy the whole set, but at this point the game is not special/popular and I personally would rather play the game for as cheap as possible, in my native language.

I bought a Used copy from a local gamestop. It didn't have the box, but I will check out another one in the area that has another game I'm looking for (Contact). If they don't have the case (Hell I'd probably do without the manual, I just want the boxart) I'm going to return it and buy something else, even though It's a fun game. I just want the set lol.
    [Synthetica]
    |Rave Core|
    My Sound Cloud