Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Too goddamn true.

They should really go back and turn more of the game into being like AQ's :/

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aine View Post
    Controllable photon blasts? Gilliam's pose matches the PB and you can see the JA circle.
    Look again, you clearly see he is wielding his rifle and strafes to the left, he's attacking alongside the new PB.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

The new pb isn't any of the pb beasts we know.

Maybe AC scratch PB devices.

@gigawuts:
    "Inefficient, I still want excubes" ? *shrug*

In all honesty though, if they wanted a system that strictly benefits those leveling their sub while main is capped at 60 then they would've let you choose whether to donate XP to your sub (based on your subs level), or let it go towards Excubes instead.

Personally, I'm not one to think that "developers are morons", cause usually they think things through pretty well. That makes me think that they did it like this for another reason. The only one that I can't simply write off is that it's meant for new characters/players, to get to Very Hard quicker - or to get to their friends quicker without sacrificing their subclass (and having it massively under-leveled). In a sense, on 40 a subclass can stand on its own two feet (*) and is still in Very Hard difficulty too.

(*)excl Fo casts, which would need the itemization issue fixed, one stat under 100% I can sort of see, but two stats is kinda wonky. Even more-so if there's barely alternative gear to fill in slots depending on one of those stats.

Not sure how I feel on a statement whether the game starts at AQ or VH in general though. I do know that I personally prefer playing AQs as well, simply because the spawns are bigger (and I usually end up soloing or duoing - tiny spawns are just zzzzz). Maybe they're planning more gamemodes like AQ, or simply lower level AQs. It's kinda awkward in general to have 'em require level 45, while monsters are 56. Massive XP penalty says hi.

[edit]
    Lvl60 char on 19ish mil XP, 10% of that would be 1.9mil.
    That ignores COs though, which well, won't give you 10% to your subclass, I figure.
    You'd end up pretty close to a 40 (1.4mil XP) subclass if taking it from 1-60.
    *shrug*
    Last edited by Vandread; Jun 28, 2013 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandread View Post
    @gigawuts:
    "Inefficient, I still want excubes" ? *shrug*
    That isn't what I said. At all. I would've thought you'd stop putting words in peoples' mouths when I shamelessly compared you to Hitler for being bad at forums. Both of my highest level classes are 57, and it is unlikely they will actually reach the cap for a good while. I do not churn through exit bursts, I do not spam AQ's, I do not do anything that gives a major gain in exp anymore because I don't feel like sitting and playing continuously for hours on end and cannot actually assemble a team to do so anymore (because they've all found people to fill my spot in their regular running team). This is why I wanted subclass exp. I could gain at least something tangible for my sub without having to tediously do CO's and without having to worry about acquiring new gear for both classes over time to be anything but a wasted party slot while leveling my sub. This is the point you and other people are completely and repeatedly missing.

Spoiler!
    So none of this actually applies to me or what I've said.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandread View Post
    You'd end up pretty close to a 40 (1.4mil XP) subclass if taking it from 1-60.
    *shrug*
    The thing is, you unlock sub class access at level 20 and the advanced classes at 30. So you can only start enjoying the sub class exp once your main class is either 20 or already 30.

Also, what Giga said right above me.
    Last edited by Reiketsu; Jun 28, 2013 at 08:30 AM.
    "Yo Kid! 'Sup? Whazzat? You want summa DIS whiskey?
    You just outta da crib, kid! Go suck Yo momma's milk!"

id be ok with the subclass getting exp capping at 40 if the % was higher. this is one of those things where the game being f2p gets in the way.

also why the hell are they still wasting resources and team and room shit....

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Quote Originally Posted by Reiketsu View Post
    The thing is, you unlock sub class access at level 20 and the advanced classes at 30. So you can only start enjoying the sub class exp once your main class is either 20 or already 30.

EDIT: Also, what Giga said right above me.
    Lvl30 class is 685.000 XP according to XPtables on Cirno (my lowest is 40, I can't verify the tables). Then you could knock it down to 18mil instead of 19mil. 10% of that being 1.8mil, which is more than 1.4mil still. (Regardless of that, it'd be interesting to actually see if you generate 4+mil from CO's from a trip of 30-60.)

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    That isn't what I said. At all. I would've thought you'd stop putting words in peoples' mouths when I shamelessly compared you to Hitler for being bad at forums.
    I ain't. In general, people still want excubes, yes or no? If I ain't allowed to make a remark about a general thought then okay... Maybe I oughta just back the hell off this board 'cause it definitely ain't gonna be for me.

And ya, I'm so bad at forums, really, so bad... >.>
    Both of my highest level classes are 57, and it is unlikely they will actually reach the cap for a good while. I do not churn through exit bursts, I do not spam AQ's, I do not do anything that gives a major gain in exp anymore because I don't feel like sitting and playing continuously for hours on end and cannot actually assemble a team to do so anymore (because they've all found people to fill my spot in their regular running team).
    I soloed my way to 60 on my fighter, so I pretty much know all that stuff as well. I ended up trying to duo AQs, just because it would be something different - and the first few horribly missfired and caused losses in capsules over and over, to the point of both myself and Kitoshi kinda wondering about whether to carry on and see if it'd get better or just to give up.

Can't say I really have a regular party either. If Kitoshi feels like playing, we get an AQ or two done nowadays, that's about it. Though yes, there has been some weeks where we got to +40ish risk or so, but at the moment neither of us has a reason nor the will to actually do something like that.

I kinda hate that premade stuff left and right all the same anyway, it just pushes people that are out, even further way. If someone else is online in my team and wants to run AQ, I take 'em along, I dun care. Same with TA's. If no room? *shrug* We had a group of 5 online once, I had no problem at all stepping out and making space and doing something else. Then again, I guess my team's just a group of more casual oriented players.

This is why I wanted subclass exp. I could gain at least something tangible for my sub without having to tediously do CO's and without having to worry about acquiring new gear for both classes over time to be anything but a wasted party slot while leveling my sub. This is the point you and other people are completely and repeatedly missing.
    From that PoV, I can understand very well what's going on. Hell, my Fighter had terribad gear in general as well (not like my Hunter had any better, and I leveled that afterwards). I hate and rage on RNG just the same as everyone else. Though that's part of the game, I guess, kinda come to terms with that.

If you only have a few a day, best returns would be Hans and Revelle, even if it's measly amounts. 4x Zesh, 4x Wolga, stack up the Speed Annihilations as well and I think you're around 100k. Doesn't take that long to do those either. 100k doesn't sound that much (and it really isn't, I agree), but mob kills and emergency trials you run into stack up the number further. I very much agree that it turns into a chore to keep up, catch up, whatever way you wanna put it - but it seems that's simply part of the games design. Whether that is the right or wrong choice, depends on person-to-person. Ultimately, SEGA is trying to make the game last. If you hit cap on all your stuff in no-time, you're probably just gonna back away from the game, since everything might feel like it's just pointless. That's the other side of the coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    also why the hell are they still wasting resources and team and room shit....
    Certain divisions handle certain things. Not like 1 person can shift from something like 3dmodeling to working on the programming. Even within programming you have stuff like combat-related programming aside of 'general game mechanics' like Dudu.

I don't think that anyone actually sits still and twiddles their thumbs. Some stuff just makes it in and it results in a "huh wat" from players, but that only happened to get in because they had nothing to do.

I think 10% is a fair amount of EXP shared to the sub-classes, but I can't see why they did put the LV40-limit in there. Once they get above LV40 either way, the 10% EXP shared will barely be noticed.

Meji | Ship 02 | LV75 Bouncer/Hunter | Proud leader of Celestial

I agree the subclass exp thing is a joke, but how does it even affect anyone negatively? This update is purely beneficial. So you either get 10% more exp or get 0% more, but you get nothing less. I see no reason to complain!