Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default How many of you from Antares-8 PSO GC are playing PSO2?

Hey, I wonder why I never thought to ask, and I've always been sort of curious and this I think would be the best place to ask but...I'm really curious how many of you are still around that I actually might have known at the time while I was leveling to 200.

How many of you are Antares-8 veterans from PSO GC?

Also...way back in that day...and it's a total long shot that anyone might remember this...but there was a different forum that we used for the "Ant-8 gang".

I could have sworn it was something like "brinstar.org". It was a simple, peer-created message board where those of us who had got invited to register just talked about the going ons of pso or our Ant-8 experiences. Pal'd around. It was a dark, black and red themed message board (I can barely remember). Does anybody remember this?

Does anybody remember DARK, the humar who grinded to 200 in (I think it was) 2 weeks by spamming TTF 24 hours a day? And then he did the same with a HUCast! Then he started leveling a Fonewman!

SNK being afk at the top of the counter every day, all day. I ended up finally getting to run a ton of C-mode with him and he helped me with several Bu-Ei's.

Tamahome and his RAcaseal wife/girlfriend (I forgot her name uuuuugh).

The first day the neis claw got mass duped thanks to a ramar who's name I can't remember...he just went to Vega and did the deed.

IG Nugz FSODing and becoming Sonic/Tails.

SSJ Goku spam?

Am I alone in remembering these things?!

Right now you might be the only one who remembers them, but maybe sometime down the road I'd like to hear your stories. I joined at the end of PSO1 Official's lifespan, so I'll never know what it was like for most of you guys.

That said, I do want to try and learn, even if just a little.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

You're asking a very specific thing of a community where a vast majority of it's "old" (PSO-playing) members are long gone, and it's even less likely that, the ones that are still around played in that exact same server. No, I don't think anything remembers those things.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    You're asking a very specific thing of a community where a vast majority of it's "old" (PSO-playing) members are long gone, and it's even less likely that, the ones that are still around played in that exact same server. No, I don't think anything remembers those things.
    Nah, I bet there's at least one guy here, who played on that server. Just seeing this post lit up my day, I feel so old to remember playing PSO1, nice to see other people who played too.

II do agree that most of us old guys are long gone though. I do wonder sometimes if I'll see my old buddies coming back to PSO-W and PSO2.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Antares 8 was the "declared" PSO-W hang out back then. Look at old themes for your PSO-W control panel, go to Edit Options and change it to 'Blue Steel' and you'll see that the banner has "Antares 8" on it. This is the theme PSO-W used back in these times.

So it's not just some random "specific" ship/block. It was the PSO-W ship/block, which makes it pretty relevant.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Jun 30, 2013 at 07:56 AM.

I played on that server long ago. There are a few of the things on that list that I'm fully aware of and still remember quite clearly. I remember a lot of things from the older PSOs that would be a bit odd, but still they have a bit of a bittersweet taste.

For example, I do remember one of the blocks in particular on episode 3 being spammed by a guy named Hayato who literally ran around the entire room saying "circles" over and over. I remember the Nugz dupes. In fact, I still have a couple on my old GC memory card. I remember Antares 8 and 10 being the ones to go to for the most part, and if I remember correctly, there was one called Vega which was a no no to go to because many people were paranoid of getting hacked or their game freezing up during a memory card save.

And yes, I do remember the SSJ Goku spam. When I look back on it now, I laugh.
    PSO2 char
    ゆかり・ルルキア - Fighter/Force Newman(F)
    ライアク - Force/Techer Newman(M)
    RAH-犀 - Hunter/??? Cast(M)

Deneb 9 was where it was at.
    PSU ID - 30001139
    PSO2 JP Info:

Chalka / Parallax / Xavious Redd / Rydia / Cyrax / Paladin Crux

I knew there had to be a few of you guys here. Now if we could find some people who played the DC ver. online that'd be an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
    I knew there had to be a few of you guys here. Now if we could find some people who played the DC ver. online that'd be an achievement.
    I've actually played online since DC.
    PSO2 char
    ゆかり・ルルキア - Fighter/Force Newman(F)
    ライアク - Force/Techer Newman(M)
    RAH-犀 - Hunter/??? Cast(M)