Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twin Daggers

Default Twin Daggers

What are poeples opinions on these? I for one think they look super epic, but i have yet to find a good mob killing PA set, if you have one, please could you share it with me!

Just want to know how people use them, if at all!

Crazed

On a side note, odd choice making Daylight Scar a Wired Lance instead of a dagger.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Twin daggers aren't good against a large group of enemies. Period. Use them only against single enemies with high high targets. I use them against birds, most bosses, kargarots, stuff like that. You lose damage per second, but your uptime is much higher due to the homing.

Also, daylight scar was out before twin daggers were. That doesn't mean that I like that I like it any more, though.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

I love daggers personally. Good aerial offensive, its fun to fly around bosses (hove above Ragne, barely able to hit you and such) and such as well~ I only use Scar Funge, Raging Waltz and Orchestra as PA's.

Also the best thing I love about daggers is the block spin they have. They block everything in a 360 degree radius. If you time it right you can "just guard" almost everything, including Quartz Dragon's "divine punishment holy ray of death rain".

Sure damage wise they lack in compression to the other melee weapons and they are single hit, but they are good fun to use and I will continue to use them period :3

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    I love daggers personally. Good aerial offensive, its fun to fly around bosses (hove above Ragne, barely able to hit you and such) and such as well~ I only use Scar Funge, Raging Waltz and Orchestra as PA's.

Also the best thing I love about daggers is the block spin they have. They block everything in a 360 degree radius. If you time it right you can "just guard" almost everything, including Quartz Dragon's "divine punishment holy ray of death rain".

Sure damage wise they lack in compression to the other melee weapons and they are single hit, but they are good fun to use and I will continue to use them period :3
    ^This so much some people just don't see where TDaggers shine and how they are meant to be used. Sure they don't have AOE capabilities, but it isn't meant for AOE to begin with so don't treat it that way.

Also it is worth noting that is you time your regular dagger atks with the enemies you can parry them. A dagger combo that I use alot is Raging Waltz, Shoot Polka, and Orchestra.

Sig by Gama

Daggers are highly defensive. They don't put out much damage, but what damage they do put out can be placed on certain weak point with ease and consistency. When in the air you can twirl cancel at almost any point during any PA, and the regular swings have autoguard between slashes. The PA's also all have hyper armor. Very useful for defense.

Plus, there's the bizarre hitboxes this game has. Many attacks will completely miss you, even if it looks like they should hit you, simply because you're in the air. Even some attacks that will have the arm or whatever pass right through you to hit the ground will not actually damage you. Others will hit you all the way up to the height cap though, so you should still be on guard, but yeah. Fighting falz hands with daggers? Nothing's safer than being above the fray.

Ima be that guy....

Stay away from these weapons they suck. Just get a decent double saber (Lambda Failnaught) make it 50 ele +10 vol/power3 and the 5% JA bonus and you'll be faaaar more useful than using some low DPS weapon like daggers.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but you'll be much more useful in a serious party lol.

On the bright side you can use twin daggers for quickly moving around the map...so I guess they arent completely useless lmao.

Daggers are exceptionally good at what they do.

It's just, well, what they do is not really in high demand.

It's like...imagine if weak bullet only worked on breakable parts, and then imagine all but 2 enemies had 1 hp on their breakable parts. Weak bullet would be REALLY GREAT against those 2 enemies...and not much else. That's daggers.

That's why I told him the harsh truth. I would have felt like a jerk if I had lied to him and sugar coated the fact that daggers suck by telling him how amazing they are.

DPS is on high demand, killing fast is on high demand. That's something daggers can't do especially compared to the other Fi weapons.

Like I said get yourself a decent double saber and you'll be set.

You should also still have a decent set of daggers, though. When you need them they excel nicely. Get a set of +10 Red Daggers with poison on them, they're great for quartz dragon and ex dragon. This is cheap, pretty effective, and beneficial to everyone in the party.

Now, knuckles, those are the weapons that are so mediocre that we don't even think of bringing them up. Their damage? Meh. Their defense? Meh. Their range? LOL. Get boxing gloves for knuckledashing and call it a day. I still have a nice set because I like the novelty of them, but in truth they just aren't very good and I'm intentionally limiting myself in a majority of situations when I use them.