Question Just received PSP2 Infinity

I purchased the game on sale a week back and it came in today. There were three other pamphlet paper thingy's along with the manual in the game's case, and I am not really sure what to do with any of them. Do I need them to get online or something? Can I import my save data from an English copy of PSP2 (I would really like to), and is there some kind of guide to help me get started, online, etc? I already have a Japanese PSN account. Is there anyone willing to extend help to me?

The code to redeem for the online mode is in the actual packaging beneath the manual.

In my signature there are two links to two threads regarding finding someone to help convert the save or doing it yourself.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I can't help you with the save conversion, but if you follow blace's instructions, you should be fine. As for the rest, I'm just going to copy/paste my reply to another poster from a few threads down.

-------------

Log into the JP PSN store and look in the upper right for a box that shows a "12" being drawn by a pencil. Select it. This will open up a screen where you can enter the code you received in your PSP2i case. This will allow you to activate your little wing license.

Once that's finished, you should be able to start up the game and log into the servers no problem. But before you leave the PSN store, on the left side of the screen you should see a row of selectable options. Select the third from the bottom (just above the one that ends in PV). From the next menu, select the silver icon that says "50". This will bring up a menu with icons labeled in hiragana characters. Pick the one labeled "は". This should bring you to a listing of various games. If you see Patapon and Project Diva, you're on the right track. Scroll down until you see the icons for Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity. Those are the download content shops. Go through them thoroughly and download everything you can that is free. Basically, whatever has a white box with kanji in it instead of a Yen amount.

You'll have to import that stuff into your game before you can use it.

To import, start up PSP2i and from the main menu select "Import". The next screen should give you four options to choose from. Pick the very bottom option. This will bring you to another screen with four options. The top option is for weapons, the second for clothes, and the third for room decorations. From there, the first option in each area should allow you to scroll through a list of available download content and select what you want to bring into the game. Then (I think... and someone correct me if I'm wrong), back out and select the second option down. This should allow you to import what you had selected into your game. Everything imported will be deposited into your common box.

----------------------
    Insofar as translation guides and links

DeviFoxx's Story/Menu/Mission/etc Translation Guide

Google Translation of the PSP2i Wiki

Leon Sky's Weapon & Drop Mark guide

Desecration's Weapon Translation Guide

My Exchange Mission Guide

PSP2pedia They still have a lot of good information on the vanilla content, including Japanese names for stuff. Makes sorting through your Shared Storage a bit easier when you know what you're looking for.

Wikipedia: Hiragana
    Wikipedia: Katakana
    DeviFoxx already goes over basic Hira & Kata in his guide, but this is here in case you need a backup or extra source of info. A lot of PSP2i is phonetically in English, or wasn't really westernized in PSU proper, and they retain their english sound - but written in Japanese. So while completely optional - familiarizing yourself with a few characters of the Japanese alphabet will go a long way.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!