Page 1 of 33 123411 ... LastLast

Exclamation The PSO2 Thanks Festa International

past year event:
    -http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150486 (PSU Thanks Festa contest global!)
    -http://phashion.smidgeindustriesltd.com/artcontest/ (PSU Thanks Festa contest global 2nd year!)

After several years past due to the dis-motivation of the PSU shut down and RL responsibility,
    I have revived back our old biggest art community event of the year that used to happen in PSU.
    At first I did expect that PSO2 would be released in US region before the time of the anniversary,
    but it doesn't happen, so we won't have SEGA of America as our usual main sponsor this year.
    However, thanks to many kind heart sponsors that I could gather totally over 20,000 yen to fund in this event.
    So this should cover the fund for shipment of good prizes to your home.
    +^_^+

Judges list

Arika represent founder of the phashion group.
    Tenebris represent current leader of the phashion group.
    Sayara represent PSOW fan-work modulator
    &
    Our sponsors who make this event possible.

Current Unlock Point : 20 photo pt, 24 art pt, 31 portrait pt
    Prizes

Spoiler!

To accommodate everybody in PS community including those who play or not play PSO2,
    all the prizes will be real life prizes and I will responsible for shipment to every winner home myself.
    As always, the prizes list will unlock via the amount of participators submission.
    The more you submit, the higher tier of the prize will be unlock, the one winner of each event category will be able to choose any prize that unlocked from the same category he entered.

Moreover, to support new artist and any beginner who join this event. each picture will be assigned with number and at the end of the event, if the community work together and achieve result in unlocking all the prizes list, then I will award two bonus prizes to
    random lucky draw person who own the work that has the same number as what my random generator program chosen. The bonus prizes are 2x 2000 WM card. (or choice of 2x 20$ paypal money)

Event detail

the event will be separate into three category , each will have its own separate winner, so you can consider this as 3 different event. However it is encourage that you participate in all category. Doing so not only increase your winning chance and lucky draw chance too, it also help whole community to unlock better prizes.

note: One person could submit 1 piece per category only. Which mean: 1 photoshop, 1 artwork, 1 portrait.

Part I : Photoshop Contest

Event theme : your character story.
    Duration : 4 July to 18 August
    Activity : tell us part of your adventure using pso2 screen shot and photoshop skill. (could be comedy, drama or situational scenery)
    Picture Size : 1024x in wide to show here, but you can also provide larger size version as link.
    Submit method : post in this thread.
    Example :

Part II : Artwork Contest

Event theme : Festival in PS series.
    Activity : draw your imagination of celebration in the game world. (could be celebration alone, or celebration with friends, or with NPC)
    Picture Size : 1024x in wide version to show here, but you can also provide larger size version as link.
    Example :

Part III : Portrait Contest

Event theme : Thank you sponsors.
    Activity : select one character from the sponsor list you like to draw and show your skill in how would you draw to imitate the character in the screen shot. This event wouldn't be possible without them, so I would like this part as thank you gift from artist toward sponsors.
    Style : single character either half body or full body, with background or no background. You may freely change character pose.
    Picture Size : no fix size on the width pixel but should not be wider than 1024x. You could provide larger version as link.
    Example :

Sponsor List (click for picture):
    Arika , Tenebris , Cipher , Lacen , Narukana , Meji
    Spoiler!

-Special Thanks to-

Last edited by Arika; Aug 23, 2013 at 03:52 AM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

And as always of every festa thread, feel free to ask here if there is any question.

Is there going to be any kind of category for people who don't have/can't use Photoshop, or can't draw? Seems like you're unintentionally limiting the number of people that can participate as it stands right now.

Seems like an interesting event.
    Is there region specific for this contest?
    So..can I show my Japanese friends about this contest, and can they participate?
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Can't draw worth balls, so I'll try for the first one. Thanks for the contest.

@Olaf Sorry about that, but it is same every year here that this event is focus on Photoshop contest, and Artwork contest. This is the 3rd time I hosted this event, so we have new category as "portrait" this year. Because there are usually more in-game base event that only allow PSO2 players to join, and less event that focus on outside game like this one where old PS-fan who doesn't play PSO2 can enjoy it together with us.

@Sizustar Yes, you could show your Japanese or any country friends, I already told my Chinese friend to join this too. Only little issue is that they might have to make PSOW account to post here, sorry about that. (may be I will consider the case about using another person to post instead, but we will see about it)

@shinamori, if you can photoshop but can't draw, you can join the first category, and if you can draw but can't photoshop, you can join the 2nd or 3rd category. There is no need to always join all the 3 contest, although it is encourage since there are 2 bonus reward to add when all prizes is unlocked.

Note: 1 person could submit 1 piece per category only. Which mean: 1 photoshop, 1 artwork, 1 portrait.
    Last edited by Arika; Jul 4, 2013 at 01:16 PM.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Why not add a screenshot section?

Can the sponsers provide more (as in, a ton XD) close-ups of their characters?

Oooh, I may participate. But so many projects @~@. I kinda wish this was a year earlier I had the perfect subject for the artwork contest but used it for the PSA-Jam <o<. I like that you're considerate of people who don't play PSO2 and trying to get more people to forget about their skills and just do the thing. Always a plus in my book.

At the very least if I'm too busy to participate I'd like to spread the word via my tumblr if that's alright? I like to always to try and get more of the fandom to make more fanwork. and maybe Q can show this to the DA group, if not I can do it.

@Gardios, sure. I will ask more pictures from sponsor later.

Same, Ami T_T
    Last year I had much more free time than this year... but it can't be help. the more you grow, the more you work..
    Last edited by Arika; Jul 4, 2013 at 12:48 PM.