Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best solo class help

I played PSU so my knowledge will be coming from that game and may be very off for this. One of my favorite things to do in PSU was to speed solo farm the best weapons in the game on my ranger because it was the best class for doing it. Now i want to do the same in this game if it's possible, so what should i play to do it. I'm looking at some of the possible classes, and I'm guessing ranger and the sub class gunner would be the best, but is it the same as it was in PSU? Maybe force or hunter or something is the best solo damage class now? Any help would be appreciated. Also what race and gender would help maximize it. I have a lvl 13 male human ranger, and i just read something that said female cast is best for ranged, is it worth it to re-roll now while im a low lvl, or does it not really matter?

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Human- Balanced, Newman- Tech/Magics, Cast- Strike & Ranged attack with high physical defense and health (?)

Yeah its said that Caseals make great rangers and its your call if you want to re-roll after all you did say you like to get the maximum power of said class and if you feel you can rip your way back to 13 with no problem SURE why the heck not and a lil advice to help you out ~_^

When you unlock the subclass feature pick up Force and do atleast one or two falz emergencies without dying with an exp boost disc you get from fun scratch

and when you get your force to a comfy level toss a resta and if you have it Anti and BAM yer set for maximum solobility of course thats my plan for survival in solo play There probably waaaay better combos to sub with Ranger.

Tbh hu with sub fi is best solo now. With partizan/slide end and swords/overend, you can go along way in short amount of time fairly at high levels. Ra has become support oriented because of dmg but it still dish great dmg if u do it right, a good ratk oriented gs would work wonders.

About fo, if your good with the Mirage dodge it has, then ur fine. Only thing I truly suggest u get is a good talis so that u can zondeel and zonde a mob from safe distance. U dont want to be those who zondeel and die as everything converges onto u. Ive had my fair share of those kind of deaths as fo.

HU FI & GU best solo classes.

If we're talking solo, you could almost become pretty much unkillable while still doing pretty ridiculous damage if you specced into Mate Halfline and only carry dimate & trimate as both hu or fi main or sub.

Gunner on the other hand, you can pretty much just sit there in the air all day with ridiculous evasion dodge and not take a hit most of the time spamming elder or add bullet and the damage even as sub ranger is pretty high up there with perfect keeper & both ZRA maxed, and completely melt bosses like it's nothing be it with your rifle or mechs. Of course I'm still talking solo.

These are the best solo imo but hey what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by gravityvx View Post
    HU FI & GU best solo classes.

If we're talking solo, you could almost become pretty much unkillable while still doing pretty ridiculous damage if you specced into Mate Halfline and only carry dimate & trimate as both hu or fi main or sub.

Gunner on the other hand, you can pretty much just sit there in the air all day with ridiculous evasion dodge and not take a hit most of the time spamming elder or add bullet and the damage even as sub ranger is pretty high up there with perfect keeper & both ZRA maxed, and completely melt bosses like it's nothing be it with your rifle or mechs. Of course I'm still talking solo.

These are the best solo imo but hey what do I know.
    So since I'm completely new still, does HU FI & GU mean a human with the fighter and gunner class? or a hunter and i can pick fighter or gunner as the sub. Also what should i be speccing my mag into. I just got it and its lvl 1, and i remember from the old PSO i had messed up by feeding it random stuff when i was a noob. what should i be feeding it now

HU is Hunter, FI is Fighter and GU is Gunner.

You'll want to specialize your mag into a stat specifically for the class. Hunter and Fighter S-ATK, Gunner R-ATK and so on.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

So should I just swich my class over from rangr to hunter now before I level it up anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Vapoure View Post
    So since I'm completely new still, does HU FI & GU mean a human with the fighter and gunner class? or a hunter and i can pick fighter or gunner as the sub. Also what should i be speccing my mag into. I just got it and its lvl 1, and i remember from the old PSO i had messed up by feeding it random stuff when i was a noob. what should i be feeding it now
    Sorry, what I meant by that was HU/FI, FI/HU, GU/RA with the all class weapons it seriously doesn't matter if you want to go HU or FI main, they all do enough damage to 1 shot pretty much everything depending on the PA you're using besides the larger enemies, bosses on the other hand both HU & FI can pretty much melt them with their own respective weapons and for mag pretty much what the guy above said, I don't really recommend mixing the attack stats, the weapons requirements start getting kind of steep at later levels and if you don't want to waste points on attack in your tree to equip them(while in most cases you have a few left over points to waste), I would set a goal to just max the stat of whatever you're currently wanting to main.

Edit: And if you really want to go RA, they are extremely strong right now if you're RA/HU. But to me they just feel so damn slow and clunky with PP management, only reason I didn't name them as a good solo class.
    Last edited by gravityvx; Jul 7, 2013 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gravityvx View Post
    Sorry, what I meant by that was HU/FI, FI/HU, GU/RA with the all class weapons it seriously doesn't matter if you want to go HU or FI main, they all do enough damage to 1 shot pretty much everything depending on the PA you're using besides the larger enemies, bosses on the other hand both HU & FI can pretty much melt them with their own respective weapons and for mag pretty much what the guy above said, I don't really recommend mixing the attack stats, the weapons requirements start getting kind of steep at later levels and if you don't want to waste points on attack in your tree to equip them(while in most cases you have a few left over points to waste), I would set a goal to just max the stat of whatever you're currently wanting to main.

Edit: And if you really want to go RA, they are extremely strong right now if you're RA/HU. But to me they just feel so damn slow and clunky with PP management, only reason I didn't name them as a good solo class.
    Which is why I suggested that have turned into more of a support players than major game breakers. However one of my friends whose only level 46 ra last time i checked with hu 60 sub did 8k dmg with one hit with her launcher as a newman. Now imagine her being a cast instead.

Even if u take techer as a sub, you still hv pp problems. I just wish they put the pp revival on techer class instead so it could be the best support subclass.

well im not looking to do support, i want to go into a instance solo and clear it out as fast as possible. if i dont mind the slow and clunkiness, being a ranger/gunner is just as good as hunter? i rly dont like melee classes, but ill play whatever can clear out an instance the fastest