Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I am level 45 and I tried affixing for the first time last night.

I am disappoint. Ended up reading the affix guide here on the forums in hopes of finding some secret I was missing other than using mutations to transfer tier 3 abilities, but I didn't find anything.

So I know that affix guide thread hasn't been updated in a while, is there anything else to add? There aren't any other tips or tricks? I feel like I still don't understand some things about affixing, but I don't know what. Is it just a matter of throwing copious amounts of cash at dudu?

Quote Originally Posted by Valimer View Post
    Is it just a matter of throwing copious amounts of cash at dudu?
    Yes, both real and pretend.

The number one secret? You don't have to build everything from scratch. There's no shame in buying pre affixed fodder and jumping straight to the last, easy, step.

OK good to know. Looks like I won't bother affixing anything, ever. Not like it matters when at lvl 60 when you vaporize everything instantly anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    The number one secret? You don't have to build everything from scratch. There's no shame in buying pre affixed fodder and jumping straight to the last, easy, step.
    I've tried that, but when items fail and I lose slots then it's like starting from scratch.
    Last edited by Mike; Jul 8, 2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Merge

If you're doing three slot affixing, there shouldn't be any risk of failure on the last step. What were you trying to make?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    If you're doing three slot affixing, there shouldn't be any risk of failure on the last step. What were you trying to make?
    So you're saying if I have a target item with 3 slots then I can transfer 3 abilities 100% with a fodder 3 slot item?

See this is what I mean, I don't think I fully understand how it works. The only abilities that would 100% are tier 1's. You're saying ANY abilities should affix 100%?

Not any, but it's possible to manipulate the odds so that they're 100%. Let's say you're trying to make a typical three slot piece with Soul/Stat III/Boost. On the last step, you have three pieces to combine: the unit you want to end up with and the two fodder.

On the desired unit, you should have Soul/whatever/whatever. On each of the fodder, you should have Soul/Stat III/whatever. When you have three of the same soul available in a combination, the success rate is 80%. When you have two of the same Stat III (exempting Ability III, I think), the success rate is 80%. By default, the success rate of a Boost ticket is 100%. So, if you add in a 20% affix ticket, the success rate of all processes is 100%.

Certain combinations raise percentage chance. Its best to read up on these.

Example, three souls make 80% chance. Which you can increase to 100% with a 20% booster. Two StatIII's also make an 80% chance. You can search up these fodders in the market if you don't like making your own(Or don't have the backup funds if it goes wrong). Spirita Boost and Stamina boost devices can't be transferred, but they have 100% chance of going through.
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

There's really no way around it, you're going to feel the pain and agony of affixing somewhere along the line if you're going to seriously attempt it. There are ways to make your chances near/perfect but either way, you're still spending a ton of meseta. The strategy explained above does work and all, but items affixed with the "popular" affix setups are sold at sky high prices because people want them in order to use them as materials to get their affixes perfect without risk.

Decide to ignore affixing? Then be pooped on and hazed by the elitist dumpster brains because you're missing Stamina III or PP Up.

At the very least I recommend getting a Soul + Main Stat III on each and every single one of your end game items so you don't get laughed out of your party. That's 60 extra main stat you're missing out on for each piece of gear you're wearing which can add up to more than an insignificant amount, and 2 affixes is manageable even for budgeted players who's only income is TAs. The 3rd and 4th affixes (and beyond but lol) people usually stick are HP, Status, Ability, or PP affixes which is like, not even really a big deal, nor will it see a size-able affect on your game play. Incoming wave of "every little bit counts"...
    Last edited by Zipzo; Jul 8, 2013 at 06:41 PM.

I find that guaranteeing your chances by achieving 100% and making your chances as comically low as possible tend to work in terms of affixing. Basically anything lower than 40%.

Might be easier to save yourself the trouble and buy some well-affixed units once you raise the money.
    Steam: gutsyunicycle (Nickname: Jungo)
    PSO2: Ship 2