Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Getting online

The official servers have been dead for years but there are private servers you can join.

TheSouthSideTy
    Sealab Underneath The Water {Oklahoma, United States}

Ahhh I see, But there is still a way to play on my gamecube threw a private server? what would I need to do to get on it?

will it be a rare drop? chrisramar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSouthSideTy View Post
    Ahhh I see, But there is still a way to play on my gamecube threw a private server? what would I need to do to get on it?
    gamecube
    gamecube broadband adaptor
    bba to internet cable

TheSouthSideTy

Quote Originally Posted by chrisramar View Post
    gamecube
    gamecube broadband adaptor
    bba to internet cable
    awsome thats it? pretty simple haha. thanks just gotta get a new adapter.

The whole process is significantly easier if you have the broadband adapter. Then it becomes a matter of finding the right server information.

I, on the other hand, had to do the following to play via the Wii (which I will post here for posterity):
    -I modded my Wii to have the Homebrew channel
    -I got the Cleanrip app and the Devolution emulator
    -Using Cleanrip, I got an ISO of my PSO disc, which made it playable in the Devolution emulator
    -Devolution utilizes the Wii's internet connection, so I was able to successfully get online in PSO with it. I of course needed the proper serial and access keys, a working internet connection, and the server information.

If this isn't allowed to be posted here, I can edit that part out or it can be removed by a mod.

I only know of one server, so I assume I'm playing on the one that everyone talks about. I hope to see you all there! Free stuff please ;D
    Emerging from the depths after ten years of lurking.

TheSouthSideTy

Quote Originally Posted by Balter View Post
    The whole process is significantly easier if you have the broadband adapter. Then it becomes a matter of finding the right server information.

I, on the other hand, had to do the following to play via the Wii (which I will post here for posterity):
    -I modded my Wii to have the Homebrew channel
    -I got the Cleanrip app and the Devolution emulator
    -Using Cleanrip, I got an ISO of my PSO disc, which made it playable in the Devolution emulator
    -Devolution utilizes the Wii's internet connection, so I was able to successfully get online in PSO with it. I of course needed the proper serial and access keys, a working internet connection, and the server information.

If this isn't allowed to be posted here, I can edit that part out or it can be removed by a mod.

I only know of one server, so I assume I'm playing on the one that everyone talks about. I hope to see you all there! Free stuff please ;D

Awsome, Well my first step is getting the Broadband Adapter. How should I go about finding the right server info?

Oh wow yeah that is quite a task, but at least you get to play online =D haha

Yep, it was all worth it in the end! I messaged you some info to help you get connected.
    Emerging from the depths after ten years of lurking.

TheSouthSideTy

Yep, it was all worth it in the end! I messaged you some info to help you get connected.
    I would appreciate that alot . right now I have not found anywhere that is selling a bba in any stores near me, so I'm going to have to order one online, so have to wait till I get paid next week before I can do that, Rent comes first and my internet bill haha but yes please mesage me that info if you could. and I would hope to play sometime with you in the next few weeks

So my options are:
    -Go to sketchy site and hope for the best trying to get Blue burst
    -Buy a broadband adapter for $40
    -Hack my Wii

And maybe in another 10 years PSO2 will come out! I think I'll just bide my time for now.

EDIT: Oh, how could I find out when the site for Blue Burst is ok to use?
    I don't know what you're talking about, PSO2 has already been out for more than a year.

I think he was referring to an English release and to be fair it's more like PSU2 than PSO2.