Default PSO2 Vita is Character Data saved on the Memory Card?

Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone knew about save datas and PSO2.

Earlier today, I tried downloading the update in lieu of the new episode that has come out. Originally I played the download version, but the update was too big for my 8gig memory card. Of course, I deleted the game from my vita entirely to make room for the update. Before deleting it, I checked the system data for any save files and it said there was no save data or anything linked to PSO2. After finally installing the update, upon start-up, PSO2 acts like I have no character data and is trying to walk me through the steps to make a new character. Is this because we all got that second character for free, or is it because my character got deleted while I was making room for the update? Just for clarification, I CAN still log-in to my Sega ID.

Anyone have any idea whether your character data is saved along with that installation the vita always does for any game you put in the cartridge? I only had 250 hours on my character, but still it would be a big bummer if I somehow deleted them on accident just so I could play the game.

I know that the servers are still down for maintenance, but I'm getting antsy about having to do EVERYTHING completely over again for TWO characters now. Any ideas? I was under the impression that all of your character data was saved on the servers, and you accessed them by logging in with your Sega ID.

Also, since I can't actually access any of the servers--and haven't for quite a while--I have never selected to "Delete" my character from the in-game menu. This would be my first time playing in probably a week.

Thanks for your help.

Senior Arks Member..? SquashDemon's Avatar
    I came from Ragol, and all the not-sense that makes with it.

The Server saves all character data and equipment, because the last time they did that client side, things got ugly.

everything on the vita's memory card is either configuration settings or the sensitive information and resources that the game requires to display properly on your device.

In short, no, your character is in the server, not the vita.

Also, you shouldn't be able to actually select a character at the moment, as the servers are still down. the reason you can't see your character is that you can't get any confirmation from the server that said character exists.

Due to it not responding.

Due to it being down.
    Last edited by SquashDemon; Jul 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM.
    Episode III for Life.

That probably calmed down about a thousand american pso2 vita players. Maawuahahaha....your account has been deleted. Prone to panic attacks, I have thought that several times, but...

this game has acted weird with me. It'll go on server maintenance even when maintenance isn't going on for everybody else. Weird.

Eagerly waiting update. Peace out.