Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Meseta, Builds, and omg why did I go ice tree.

So, It's been a while. I played pso2 at its release for a little while, liked it, but it never really stuck like psu did (go ahead laugh, but I liked psu).

Anyway, I came back conveniently just before episode 2, and I'm enjoying my Force/Braver atm (just got subclassing) And I'm looking to unlock, then main techer. (partly because i went ice tree on force and i dont think thats good?)

So, this brings me to one of my questions, is techer a good main class to use, as my reason behind wanting to main it is its masteries in my favorite elements, and wands as a whole (they just look so neat, being able to actually melee with them(?) looks fun too) or will it forever sit in the proverbial land that is my subclass?

Also, how does one go about making money? I have a few old costumes sitting in my inventory from when I last played, and is there some way I can sell them other than my personal store? (effectively) I'd like to not spend money on AC just to make enough cash for the things I want. of course if i do get Ac i COULD undo my horrid build for my force...

Any help/advice or just plan chatter is appreciated, thank you.also if the answer to any of my questions is just blazingly obvious and im missing it, dont hesitate to point it out

Quote Originally Posted by Aerionel View Post
    So, It's been a while. I played pso2 at its release for a little while, liked it, but it never really stuck like psu did (go ahead laugh, but I liked psu).

Anyway, I came back conveniently just before episode 2, and I'm enjoying my Force/Braver atm (just got subclassing) And I'm looking to unlock, then main techer. (partly because i went ice tree on force and i dont think thats good?)

So, this brings me to one of my questions, is techer a good main class to use, as my reason behind wanting to main it is its masteries in my favorite elements, and wands as a whole (they just look so neat, being able to actually melee with them(?) looks fun too) or will it forever sit in the proverbial land that is my subclass?

Also, how does one go about making money? I have a few old costumes sitting in my inventory from when I last played, and is there some way I can sell them other than my personal store? (effectively) I'd like to not spend money on AC just to make enough cash for the things I want. of course if i do get Ac i COULD undo my horrid build for my force...

Any help/advice or just plan chatter is appreciated, thank you.also if the answer to any of my questions is just blazingly obvious and im missing it, dont hesitate to point it out
    Next time use the quick question and answer thread.
    Techer, isn't a terrible class to main, but if you're looking for OMGLOOK HOWFAST I KILL, FO/FI, FO/TE, or FO/GU is better

You can spin the Fun Scratch and see if you can get a 3 day My Shop ticket.
    But most people earn money by doing Klotho(2nd Floor Ark Lobby) Daily Time attack quest, if you do all, you earn about..700k?
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

check your stock u may have some reset skill ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Next time use the quick question and answer thread.
    Techer, isn't a terrible class to main, but if you're looking for OMGLOOK HOWFAST I KILL, FO/FI, FO/TE, or FO/GU is better

You can spin the Fun Scratch and see if you can get a 3 day My Shop ticket.
    But most people earn money by doing Klotho(2nd Floor Ark Lobby) Daily Time attack quest, if you do all, you earn about..700k?
    Oh, sorry about that.

And no, I'm not really looking for a "gotta kill fastest op metametametameta" build. Just something fun, yet effective.

And I guess I'll do those daily time attack quests, whats the level req for those?

for VH it's lv40 (i think)
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Quote Originally Posted by Aerionel View Post
    Oh, sorry about that.

And no, I'm not really looking for a "gotta kill fastest op metametametameta" build. Just something fun, yet effective.

And I guess I'll do those daily time attack quests, whats the level req for those?
    You can ask on B-20
    There's N/H/VH, VH unlock on level 40+ it's the one that offer the most money, 100k each run
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

I've still got some leveling to do then.

to put it into nicer words, techer pales in comparison to force. not sure if you understand how subclasses work, but whatever you have on your techer skill tree (your favorite elements w/e) will be in effect even as a techer sub.

time attacks are good for poverty money, shops are needed to make real money. doing all time attacks everyday would drive me to the brink of insanity, so i'd suggest only doing very hard time attacks(and hard at the absolute most).

did i just see fo/gu

Techer is basically a poor conceptualization of battle mage, and they don't excel at either magic or melee. The stupidest thing is that there are rods named "wand". Many rods and wands look like they should be one or the other.
    Techer'd probably be more interesting if they weren't lazy and designed special melee-tech PAs instead of just pasting Force techs onto them. Their support skills aren't major game changers either, just additions or buffs to existing stuff.

Last I checked, ice tree is screwed because the skills suck and SEGA's idea of balancing is adding skills to the very end of the ice tree to make the earlier skills not suck horribly. They don't seem to be interested in completely revamping the tree.

Well it's interesting you should come back now, seeing as how the ice tree got buffed additions.

Freeze Keep prevents freeze status from breaking instantly, so ice techs are more useful.

Freeze Ignite Boost increases the effective range to trigger the skill as well as the damage.

It's just too bad Photon Flare is still crap and you are forced to take a lot of points into it. Also Freeze Ignite is still hard to use and not worth it on anything that can be frozen other than Caters.

Techer got a few more skills to promote melee attacks, but none to further improve their techs, so Fo/Te still isn't stronger than Fo/Fi except with dark techs (well, and wind/light, but a Fo/Fi can use fire/lightning instead for better damage in every situation). Te/Hu works for the melee aspect, but the techs are pretty bad (outside of the support/utility techs), and Wand Gear is a poor replacement for actual PAs and interesting weapon dynamics.
    Last edited by UnLucky; Jul 20, 2013 at 07:02 AM.