Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    Well what doesn't help is that English isn't my native language and its completely self taught...sure I had minor English lessons at school but that was only to fine tune a few things. I learned English myself through playing Games and such.

Therefore I often make mistakes like Grammer/Grammer, Trust/Thrust, Three/Tree and so on...and dutch language has complete different way of building a sentence then in English so that makes it extra hard for me to make it sound good, not to mention I don't know a lot of these "complicated" words that Coco and Enforcer use for example in their fics. That all combined and lack of mood for it made me put my fanfic on hold a few years ago and I have yet to start on it again.
    I keep telling you that your previous fanfic post was perfectly fine and you've gotten better since then, silly ;P Don't let the work of others discourage you, let it inspire. This isn't a grammar/vocabulary competition, I know you've got a lot of good ideas in your head and I'd personally love to see more of them. People can help proofread your stuff if you're really that concerned. Trust me, for not being a native speaker, your English is a lot better than many Americans' grammar.

It took me a while to tell myself to start on this fic, but now that I have it's been enjoyable and it flows from my fingertips. Setting barriers is only gonna hurt yourself; just go for it. Or else Cocona's always gonna be faster than Nedra ;3

I can probably work in a lil minor appearance for Nedra as a fellow racer. We'll see what happens.

Not alot to say other than I'm still enjoying this and that I feel sorry for Croix lol, Cocona seems like a handful XD.

If sega were to introduce airboard racing, I'd kind of want it to play like the Wipeout games on playstation, just without the weapons and with airboards, not hyper fast jet car things. There was some really nice track design in some of those and they got the hovering jet propelled object handling down pretty well imo.
    PSO2 Characters

Kais (Male CAST) Ship 9 Hu62 Fi46 Ra53 Gu65 Fo6 Te1 Br36
    Lilith Reiger (Female Deuman) Ship 9 Hu42 Fi1 Ra1 Gu1 Fo20 Te45 Br56

Are we alive or just breathing?

---CHAPTER III---
    Spoiler!

I will hopefully still get a post out next week, but I'll be away on business for most of it so it may be late. In the meantime, I'll be adding a couple things to the Characters section tonight so stay tuned.

Looks like this subforum has seen a nice surge in activity as of late, too, which is great to see. We've got fanfic revivals from Enforcer and Olaf, Stu's fic is coming along nicely, and there's the usual awesome array of art from quite a few members, so check those out too.

Good chapter, some nice interactions, Gengai seems pretty awesome.

So are her team mates going to have a big role or are they just going to be in the background?
    PSO2 Characters

Kais (Male CAST) Ship 9 Hu62 Fi46 Ra53 Gu65 Fo6 Te1 Br36
    Lilith Reiger (Female Deuman) Ship 9 Hu42 Fi1 Ra1 Gu1 Fo20 Te45 Br56

Are we alive or just breathing?

Great new chapter! Hehe, I was very excited to read a new one and it didn't disappoint!

The dialogue was engaging to read plus the second part of the story was nicely-written to give us some personality for Cocona. My favorite portion was getting into her backstory actually. Anyway, you did a very nice job setting up her backstory/relationship with Gengai... who definitely sounds awesome. Although I think it was a bit dialogue heavy at the beginning where maybe a surprise situation or joke could have relieved the tension and made it somewhat less plot heavy.

My only minor complaint is that while the music was easy to listen to while reading, it did feel a bit slow/simple to keep the reader engaged with the story. Great songs in general though.

I also saw the increase in activity on this side of the forum--which is nice to see. Thanks for the additional character details + I'm looking forward to seeing the future chapters~
    Last edited by BloodmageR; Aug 1, 2013 at 07:58 PM.

Oooh, nice! I've been waiting to read this since Thursday and I finally had time. I enjoyed learning more about Cocona's history and why she decided to join the ARKS.

I'm going to post my next chapter later today and I have to say, I see a couple of similarities between our stories that I hope you'll appreciate! I know I did!

Have fun on your business trip, we'll be waiting for your next chapter whenever you get around to it~

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

I'm really into this now.. @_@ and that's saying something since i hardly ever read anything! (that's why mah english is sooo bad!)

Wish i could write like you QQ Ive been meaning to write a fic on Hxh.... *facedesk*

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

Go on.

I like Gengai, we could be pals.

Also I read this a while ago, just forgot to post about it- sorry. Sidetracked and stuff.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

---CHAPTER IV---
    Spoiler!

There likely won't be a new chapter next week, as I've gotten a bit off-track from my original outline and I'd like to take some time to get everything re-organized. Plus there's been some comments you guys have left that have given me a couple of new ideas, so I'd like to try to work those in as well. Since I didn't get a chance to do any writing this past week I've basically run out of buffer room, so forgive me if the next part takes a bit Thanks for the feedback as always.

Woohoo! I was excited to see where you went with the new chapter! It really shows the badass side of Cocona after you delved into her backstory in the last chapter.

Track 14 was awesome! I'd say that entire duel sequence was my favorite part. Very intense and the pacing was well done. I'm interested in this Newearl character, she seems very peculiar and so I hope to see her later on. The little introduction to the group before their drop onto Planet Naberius was well done too. Gave a nice overview of all their personalities. Overall this was a very nice addition to your fanfic.

No worries about taking the extra bit of time to re-organize. I'll definitely be eagerly awaiting your next chapter!