Resident Toolboy

If there was a post written already on these lines, I apologize. My connection was very slow recently.

Now on to my post:
    Apparently it's not very difficult to restart the game with a new character. However, if you do restart, don't even think about trading items. You see, the PSO world economy is structured that everyone ONLY wants brand new items. Therefore, unless you play more than the next player, you will not have anything to trade.

For example, by mid February, I had some weapons I didn't need, so I decided to trade them. Of course, nobody wanted them. I had a cache of weapons ready to receive either new hunter weapons or maybe other items. But what everyone wanted was a Double Saber. No if's, and's, or but's. If you didn't have a Double Saber, you couldn't trade.

Notice I never said the word "rare". My weapons were conventional, and I expected to trade them for other conventional weapons. Today such a trade would seem laughable, but I see it as an honest trade.

Then, in the last weeks, I got some rare items and decided to do a little trading. Yet again nobody wanted anything I had. Everyone, and I mean Everyone who wanted to trade wanted an Egg Blaster, Holy Ray, C. Sorcerer's Cane or Terror Claw. Anything less would not be even considered.

It seems that traders are only interested in the "new thing". Yeah, it's cool to have a gun that no one else has, but it gets annoying when it's a new player that wants to trade some rifles for a sword. No one's there. The only resort is to buy items at the shops.

I know I'm not alone. Whenever I go to a crowded block, there are players looking to trade, only to receive as an answer "I WANT TERROR CLAW OR GOD/TECHNIQUE". Most of the time the other players don't even know what they are.

So please encourage "normal" trading. Items for items, even if they are not rare. So you want an Egg Blaster... that's cool. Just don't shut out everyone else for it.

Hope to trade with you soon.

I agree with you on this, if it weren't a game, there would be serious problems with equipment to wielder ratios, and not to mention inflation/deflation (it'd widely vary, I bet) of meseta. I keep around lower level things so that when I team up with lower levels or newbies I can offer them something to make there day a little bit happier. People are amazed when they recieve a gift for nothing. I was too, and it's because of friends that did this for me that I do this for others. I've recently been upgraded to a Varista, and so I gave my max grinded gun to another hunter.
    I occasionally trade my items for other items, and often I'll run into, "You only want a monogrinder for that??" or, "I know you have a dbl saber, I've seen you fight with it, why don't you ever offer it up?", etc, and it's kind of sad.