Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

(My first post!) yay!

Back when i had a dreamcast and went online with v2. PSO, I encountered a number of stuff like hackers and such online, which generally annoyed me. There were a number of abbreviations for what could happen to you, but I cant remember any of them, and I'll be online within the month. One of the wierdest things I could remember, was people who could talk to you in speech bubbles, but their speech bubble filled the whole screen, swore a lot without censorship, in coloured writing. This was just before the screen went black, and i lost my items.

Please could you tell me a list of all the stuff stupid cheaters can do to me online, and if possible, any ways to counter them (like retreiving items and such).

thanks!

Mmm... I don't play PSO Ep I & II online YET (still wondering if we're allowed to pay by Direct Debit..) But because we all have to pay, I doubt people are going to be paying their money to get online and be an A-hole... But then again, as far as whoever receives these bills are concerned - they're not going to care what people do online, as long as they've paid their fee's.

So I'm guessing there's going to be a whole new breed of hacker universe on the Gamecube when I get on there... Or someone who's played it online could tell us... Wait a sec... Why did I post this?

On 2003-04-07 13:41, azcn2503 wrote:
    Mmm... I don't play PSO Ep I & II online YET (still wondering if we're allowed to pay by Direct Debit..) But because we all have to pay, I doubt people are going to be paying their money to get online and be an A-hole... But then again, as far as whoever receives these bills are concerned - they're not going to care what people do online, as long as they've paid their fee's.

So I'm guessing there's going to be a whole new breed of hacker universe on the Gamecube when I get on there... Or someone who's played it online could tell us... Wait a sec... Why did I post this?
    wow i was kinda wondering also lol.

yea there r things like fsod and bsod. u have 2 watch out for that and also make sure ur gc memory card is an official 1 or it will msot likely corrupt lol.

I say dont go online at all @_@ lol, (jk by the way)

Messenger of Light

1. You're always safe in the lobby. This is where you should do most of your chatting if you don't do that already.

2. Never join any non-passworded open games. I know that might sound crazy, but that is the single most important factor in being completely safe.

3. Never make your own game unless you plan on having a password, and just mail people you know and trust to join you. There are plenty of people here in this community of PSOW, for instance, that would be happy to join you in your adventures.

Ever-Changing Gemini

I don't know how many other people have this problem, but I get error messages occasionally while playing offline. These are white text on a wholly black screen that happen, I think when the disk is not being read properly. I'm still not entirely sure what causes them because it seems to occur spontaneously - and it is hellishly annoying.

The reason I bring this up is because if this error ever occurs online, it has the same effect as the Death Screens: you loose everything you were carrying that IS NOT EQUIPPED.

I lost my Frozen Shooter +9 and Bringer's Rifle +9 because of that today, not to mention the Mag I was feeding. In order to protect yourself from that, I suggest NEVER feeding a Mag online, and only bringing a few choice weapons along when you're playing. Thankfully I have a habit of equipping my Spread Needle +40, so that didn't get wiped. Still, loosing the two best rifles I had is very discouraging. (I'm actually thinking it might be a good idea not to renew my Hunter's License until this stupid error problem gets fixed.)

Thanks guys, i'll keep all this in mind! fortunately, i have real friends who i can play pso with online!

Certified & Licensed PSO Insurance Broker

RagmasterRappy is right. For the most part there are dupers, beggars, n00bs and Vega-ites...that's about it.

I have been playing online since I got the game late last year and I have not run into any trouble except for a total of 3 FSODs so far. I got the FSODs each time while trying to join Antares 8-01, twice when using the Meet User option in the guild card menu.

- Always use official memory cards. Aftermarket cards are problems just waiting to happen.

- Try to avoid blocks that are packed with people. Use the X button to view the stats for each block.

On 2003-04-07 13:36, Azman wrote:
    (My first post!) yay!

Back when i had a dreamcast and went online with v2. PSO, I encountered a number of stuff like hackers and such online, which generally annoyed me. There were a number of abbreviations for what could happen to you, but I cant remember any of them, and I'll be online within the month. One of the wierdest things I could remember, was people who could talk to you in speech bubbles, but their speech bubble filled the whole screen, swore a lot without censorship, in coloured writing. This was just before the screen went black, and i lost my items.

Please could you tell me a list of all the stuff stupid cheaters can do to me online, and if possible, any ways to counter them (like retreiving items and such).

thanks!
    HI!! Welcome to the community!!

Here's a list of the types of people you'll generally find on PSO: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...1&max_posts=39

The game is the most fun with friends, going into random rooms you can sometimes find fun people, what's amusing to me is Anteres people are generally classified as being better players, and more mature and vega players are the crappy players and immature wannabe hackers. (Vega and Anteres are just names of 2 of the 7 ships, or was it 5?) Anyways, those aren't always true, but I'm usually hanging aroudn Anteres (block

I would recommend getting a router and/or a hub to connect (i'm assuming you're going via bba??) you d/c a lot less frequently and lower your chances of losing items. there's a lot of little things. If your entire screen freezes wait for 5-10 minutes and it might come back, if not hit the reset button and you'll probably lose items not equipped. Be careful of what you have in your inventory (esp. when you're trade -- assuming you are trading)

There are definately a lot of annoying people on PSO but there are some awesome ones as well. I suggest using the shortcut feature, you have 20 open presets, the basic ones people put are "thank you, no prob, tp please, my color tp" at least that is what all 4 of my characters have set ^-^

There are dupers for sure on GD version, as for hackers in terms of stealing your stuff, you're safe. Your stuff doesn't drop when you die so you don't ahve to worry about teammates picking them up. ALso it sounds like common sense but just in case, don't put anything on the ground that you wouldn't want other people picking up.

I've had people try to threaten me and tell me they are going to d/c me or steal my items, but I haven't heard of this actually happening to anyone so it's all good. (for now?)

The best way to avoid idiots in general is just to play w/ friends.