Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Questions About How Weak Bullet Functions

I don't know if these questions warrant a "New Thread" or not, but feel that other novice rangers may be wondering about the same thing.

I've been playing PSO2 about 10 months now but have never bothered trying the class Ranger until now; primarily I just main Hunter, sometimes Fighter, and now leveling up Braver from time to time.

I have several questions regarding how "Weak Bullet" works as I would like to provide optimal support to my teammates and players in MPA's in general.

My questions are as follows (I will use Quartz Dragon as an example):

1) If I apply Weak Bullet on Quartz with Rifle and then change my weapon to some other weapon, let's just say a Multi-Class Sword, does the effect of Weak Bullet still work?

2) If I apply my first Weak Bullet on Quartz's nose and then a moment later apply a second Weak Bullet to Quartz's tail, will both areas become weakened? Or will only the second area be weakened and the first area return to normal damage?

3) Does the effect of Weak Bullet stack (even more damage) if I apply more shots to the same area (I really doubt it though, since this skill would seriously become OP)?

4) Does the effect of Weak Bullet last forever until the target is dead or do I have to reapply it every so often (like 90 seconds, or whatever)?

Thanks for taking the time to read my questions, forum.

1 yes

2 the last weak bullet applied is the only one to be in effect. one wb at a time

3 no

4 weak bullet lasts a certain amount of seconds i think maybe 20 or 30

weak bullets lasts for an amount of time, sometimes it goes away upon flinching (vol's face) or when you break the body part that you applied wb to

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post
    1) If I apply Weak Bullet on Quartz with Rifle and then change my weapon to some other weapon, let's just say a Multi-Class Sword, does the effect of Weak Bullet still work?
    Yes, but any bullets you had left will go away.

2) If I apply my first Weak Bullet on Quartz's nose and then a moment later apply a second Weak Bullet to Quartz's tail, will both areas become weakened? Or will only the second area be weakened and the first area return to normal damage?
    Only the second will be active.

3) Does the effect of Weak Bullet stack (even more damage) if I apply more shots to the same area (I really doubt it though, since this skill would seriously become OP)?
    No, I believe it either overwrites it or has no effect at all, I'm not sure.

4) Does the effect of Weak Bullet last forever until the target is dead or do I have to reapply it every so often (like 90 seconds, or whatever)?
    It only lasts like 20-30 seconds per bullet, I forget.

1. Yes. However the ammunition stored of the other WBs will be lost.
    2. No. Only 1 WB per target, new WBs will replace over the old ones Nor does it returns to the other one's location.
    3.No, that'll be 81x damage. 3x3=9x3=27x3=81
    4. No. It is a skill. When you trigger WB you load in a bullet. Amount of WB you depends on how many SP invested, max is 4. Each WB lasts for 15 seconds. A skilled RA waits for the current WB to warn off before applying again. At max investment WB's CD is 90 sec, if you patiently use all 4 every 15 sec then you only really have to wait 30sec before the next round of WB.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Jul 25, 2013 at 02:24 AM.

Thanks for all of your replies.

I have one final question which slipped my mind:

If a MPA, let's say the quest "Border Break," have more than one Ranger and all are actively using Weak Bullet on various parts of a boss, say Quartz Dragon (nose, wings, tail), wouldn't each of the Rangers overwrite the other's Weak Bullet's effect on different areas of Quartz, and therefore cause some sort of confusion as other players will not know where the Weak Point is? (Assuming that the other players want to target the Weak Point)?

Basically, I suppose Rangers can void other Rangers Weak Bullets, which can be a cause for annoyance and confusion?

I suppose this question is similar to question (2) which I posed earlier.

Thanks.

One rangers WB will cancel anothers WB if it's the same target. Usually it's best to keep your other bullets in reserver in the case that someone elses has worn off.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Weak bullet lasts 15 seconds.

Only one weak bullet can be on an enemy at a time no matter where it's placed. A new weak bullet shot by ANYONE will get rid of the old one. If you yourself shoot another bullet into the same spot, all that happens is that the 15 seconds restarted.

You can have up to like 3-5 weak bullets, and place separate bullets on separate enemies. Putting them on the same enemy is pointless. If you place a weak bullet, and switch weapons, because the target is still on the enemy regardless, your other weapons will work.

I believe you can also shoot one of your weak bullets, and switch weapons to something other than rifle, and still have your other weak bullets loaded while you attack with another weapon. Then you can switch back to place the next weak bullet.

Before a boss teleporter, you can load weak bullets and they won't disappear even if you go through the teleporter, so you can load them prior and enter the arena with your weak bullet button almost done recharging for another load of shots.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Thanks for all of your replies.

I have one final question which slipped my mind:

If a MPA, let's say the quest "Border Break," have more than one Ranger and all are actively using Weak Bullet on various parts of a boss, say Quartz Dragon (nose, wings, tail), wouldn't each of the Rangers overwrite the other's Weak Bullet's effect on different areas of Quartz, and therefore cause some sort of confusion as other players will not know where the Weak Point is? (Assuming that the other players want to target the Weak Point)?

Basically, I suppose Rangers can void other Rangers Weak Bullets, which can be a cause for annoyance and confusion?

I suppose this question is similar to question (2) which I posed earlier.

Thanks.

Yes, the newer one will cancel out the older one. Normally, a well aware RA will notice that there is another WBer so will decide either 1.)Wait to see if other WBers will WB, 2.)Let the other RAs WB then, or 3.) (if planed) cooperatively use WB together.

Normally No.2 happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Esofor View Post
    4 weak bullet lasts a certain amount of seconds i think maybe 20 or 30
    Weak bullet will also be removed if it's on a breakable body part (Ragne legs, any of the dragons' horns and tails, etc.) and that part is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    I believe you can also shoot one of your weak bullets, and switch weapons to something other than rifle, and still have your other weak bullets loaded while you attack with another weapon. Then you can switch back to place the next weak bullet.
    Unfortunately, this is false. When you switch weapons, you lose all of your loaded Weak Bullets, but still have to wait for the cooldown before you can load more.