Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Default Good suggestions for ability affixes?

So what kind of affixes should I go for on my weapons and armour?

It seems like I'll be sticking with my set of those purple dark wings for all of my classes because almost all of their stats are superior than any other armour out there, not to mention +25 PP from the set.

But what's the general stuff people try to affix to stuff?

For weapons, I assume you generally affix something with +xx ?-atk matching your weapon and for gunslashes whichever one you use more.

Do people use spirita PP +2/3/etc affixes much? +HP?

For armour, do people generally use affixes for +xx ?-def, or would most people use slots on +xx ?-atk?

Do people go for both?

Also, how many slots can there be, since I'm sure you can't have the same affix on a weapon twice.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    So what kind of affixes should I go for on my weapons and armour?

It seems like I'll be sticking with my set of those purple dark wings for all of my classes because almost all of their stats are superior than any other armour out there, not to mention +25 PP from the set.

But what's the general stuff people try to affix to stuff?
    Soul/stat level 3/boost

For weapons, I assume you generally affix something with +xx ?-atk matching your weapon and for gunslashes whichever one you use more.
    Usually your main stat on class specific weapons, r atk on gunslashes

Do people use spirita PP +2/3/etc affixes much? +HP?

For armour, do people generally use affixes for +xx ?-def, or would most people use slots on +xx ?-atk?
    Can't speak for spirita affixes, or anyone else. I go full damage in 3 slots.

+HP seems to be preferred over defenses though if you want to live forever.

Also, how many slots can there be, since I'm sure you can't have the same affix on a weapon twice.
    Uh I think up to 8, but if you'd rather stay sane and keep your money, fit what you want in 3. You technically have to beat the odds to get 4 slots since each ability on the extra slot affix drops to 60% per at best, but I do it to D sabers, so I'm kinda crazy.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jul 25, 2013 at 11:18 PM.

Maninblue explained pretty much all of it.

As far as PP thats for forces only sense they need it for spamming tech a lot of the times as a means for more offense.

Most melee and majority go Vol soul, Power and stamina boost this was the original trend, bit now that we have atk boost people now substitute stamina boost for atk now.

So now people go Vol soul, Power 3, Atk boost.

There is a list on the JP wiki that shows you what each special ability does as well as the souls.

I do not know how updated this site is but you can use it as a reference of what you might want on your units always spec in stats that suits your class.

HU/FI= Vol soul, Power 3, stamina or atk boost your choice.

RA/GU=Mizer Soul, Shoot 3, R atk boost or spirita boost for more PA spamming.

FO/TE= Elder Soul, Tech 3, Spirita boost or tech boost.

Use this http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/abilities.php#nav

Sig by Gama

Boosts have doubled in price now because they are no longer in scratch.

I recommend not going for them unless you plan to 4slot. For 3slot I would still go for soul/statiii/spirita boost or soul/statiii/stamina boost. Pick whichever combination you think you need. If you die a lot invest in HP, if not then invest in PP. Banther set has better defense then black wings if you find you die too much.

For 4slot FO gear I go Elder/Techiii/Technique Boost/Spirita iii. For my fi/hu and Br/Hu I go Org Soul/Power III/Shoot Boost/Ability III because I like to use gunslashes/bows as well as melee weapons.
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

Elder soul + spirita is cheaper and not a bad option. However, personally, I'd go for ragne and HP (or tech boost, if you can afford it).

I find that PP isnt really needed for force classes, unless you don't have good PP regen, and that HP is a more valuable stat, especially if you run a Newman.

But yeah, basically either go:

Soul + stat 3
    or
    Soul + stat 3 + boost (HP/PP/attack, your choice)

If youre really rich, you could try 4 slotting, which would look like this:
    Soul + stat 3 + boost + ability 3 (OR, stamina 3/spirita 3) is what people usually do for 4 slotting
    Last edited by Limbo_lag; Jul 26, 2013 at 02:52 AM.
    Almost 10 years later. Still forever sleep deprived.

Hmm, how is banther better than dark wings?

Is there some sort of hidden stat? Cause otherwise dark wings are higher in every stat.
    Leader of team Touhou.

Well Banther gives more HP and defense, and it also has an attack boost upon full set.

Wouldn't quartz be better for a force then? Or even vol.
    Last edited by Chdata; Jul 26, 2013 at 01:36 PM.
    Leader of team Touhou.

Quartz set gives lower attack bonuses than Snow Banther. It also has 96/96/131 defenses per unit, with T-DEF being the highest. Snow Banther has 144/110/110, with S-DEF being the highest. S-DEF is much more useful than T-DEF currently because most threatening enemy attacks are S-ATK based.

If you're looking for a sturdy set, Vardha is probably one of the best ones right now. Same defenses and attack bonuses as Snow Banther, but each unit gives +55 HP and +1 PP, while Banther gives +40 HP and +2 PP each. (Any class can equip it now because of the requirement reduction.)

JP PSO2 - Ship 2 & 4 | Player ID: Kayarine
    Kayarine | Σ-18 | クロウ | Alexander | シロナ | 【敗者】 | サガ
    テオドール | マトイ | アウロラ | ピエトロ | ブリュー・リンガーダ | ジン

You really don't need banther set unless you really get hit a lot and need that extra HP and defense.

I would suggest you stick with the black wings set for the PP set bonus.

I would also say you go for 3 slots unless you really have the funds to got for a 4slot.

Elder soul is more offense cause it gives pp and tech atk. Ragne soul is more defense cause it gives tech atk and hp.

Sig by Gama