Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    with a charged up kamikaze shot on a 6* bow with 15 element i do ~50k damage on weakbulleted elder hands asses, if you can somehow beat that with a 6* katana then i'll bow to you
    Vita Es Rain +10, no element, Shock III affix

Fury stance + weak stance + weak bullet

KC JA bonus Maxed + KC damage 300% = ~130k damage

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Yeah you'd kinda have to add up the entirety of your damage output over 20s during Katana Combat versus the same amount of time spamming bow PAs.
    but why would you want to spam uncharged PAs ? the damage loss is too much and you waste more time and PP in the end for spamming them

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Yeah you'd kinda have to add up the entirety of your damage output over 20s during Katana Combat versus the same amount of time spamming bow PAs.
    Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    but KC isn't a PA
    it has a long ass cooldown
    it requires you to timely launch the finisher
    it all goes down the drain when the enemy zooms away
    Well that's my point. You spend that time charging kamikaze, you need the arms to not fly to the other side of the map, and you need to recover PP after set number of attacks, which bows are not known for their excellence in. So yes go ahead and make a vague, incomplete, silly comparison with a single bow move's volley damage, and don't expect an equally vague, incomplete, and silly comparison with a single katana move's volley damage.

And do note that I specifically asked why you would stop at PA's. Damage is damage son.

Why is no one mentioning Master Shoot? Better DPS than Kamikaze Arrow for something like Falz Arms. :|

It's also a 1 second charge time unlike Kamikaze Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrickX View Post
    but why would you want to spam uncharged PAs ? the damage loss is too much and you waste more time and PP in the end for spamming them
    Then spam charged ones, what's stopping you?

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Well that's my point. You spend that time charging kamikaze, you need the arms to not fly to the other side of the map, and you need to recover PP after set number of attacks, which bows are not known for their excellence in. So yes go ahead and make a vague, incomplete, silly comparison with a single bow move's volley damage, and don't expect an equally vague, incomplete, and silly comparison with a single katana move's volley damage.

And do note that I specifically asked why you would stop at PA's. Damage is damage son.
    http://imgur.com/a/1HZDd
    better yet?
    oh, that's uncharged
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Right and that's still not a fair comparison to make. Kamikaze has a way tinier range, drains PP way faster or requires a charging period, so on and so forth.

You're essentially comparing rapid fire rafoie to safoie. Shit's just different.

well, sub ranger, get killing bonus
    ???????????
    profit
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by FerrickX View Post
    umm an uncharged sakura end can hit for high damages, and its execution fast too, unlike several other bow PAs. Kanran kikyou can also clear a group faster than BBs too because of the factor where you needn't have to funnel down all mobs to use the strong PAs to kill them all in one go

and bbs have terrible PP recharge rate too, so you can't use those "hits like a truck" PAs too much either
    ... and this is why this thread was going go bad when you ask what is the end all be all braver spec. Now we have people comparing katanas vs bows as if one is clearly superior in a vacuum with hints of misinformation.

KC's duration is short, but it's not a waste of time if you're built to use katanas, though it can come off as gimmicky, and a waste of time because of that short window and long cooldown.

Rapid shot is powerful because it lasts several times longer than KC, triples PP regen on attacks, and if specced right, increases bow damage by 15% + and extra 50 r atk.

BR/RA specced for bows has very little PP problems with mobbing because gunslash+killing bonus, and they can use gunslashes better than a katana wielding BR/HU (to be fair, they need to because mobbing takes too long otherwise, unless you're perfect at lining up heads with one gravity point->penetrating arrow).

Bows can actually make use of the stance charge skills for an extra 10% damage.

Again, with this many skills, and not enough SP, pick something you want to do, and there's an optimal spec for your goal, be it pure bow, pure katana, or hybrid. There is no one spec/one weapon>all for bravers.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jul 27, 2013 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    ... and this is why this thread was going go bad when you ask what is the end all be all braver spec. Now we have people comparing katanas vs bows as if one is clearly superior in a vacuum with hints of misinformation.

KC's duration is short, but it's not a waste of time if you're built to use katanas, though it can come off as gimmicky, and a waste of time because of that short window and long cooldown.

Rapid shot is powerful because it lasts several times longer than KC, triples PP regen on attacks, and if specced right, increases bow damage by 15% + and extra 50 r atk.

BR/RA specced for bows has very little PP problems with mobbing because gunslash+killing bonus, and they can use gunslashes better than a katana wielding BR/HU (to be fair, they need to because mobbing takes too long otherwise, unless you're perfect at lining up heads with one gravity point->penetrating arrow).

Bows can actually make use of the stance charge skills for an extra 10% damage.

Again, with this many skills, and not enough SP, pick something you want to do, and there's an optimal spec for your goal, be it pure bow, pure katana, or hybrid. There is no one spec/one weapon>all for bravers.
    this is the problem with build threads, because people will either go onto katana's side or BB or hybrid, there's no such thing as an end all because in the end, its all on the TC's playstyle and he never mentioned on what its like so there's no way people can give him advice on how to build bravers (or any other classes for that matter)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    Why is no one mentioning Master Shoot? Better DPS than Kamikaze Arrow for something like Falz Arms. :|

It's also a 1 second charge time unlike Kamikaze Arrow.
    Master shot is the only PA I use on bow, if I'm using bow it's because I don't want to be in melee range so Kamikaze arrow is pointless to me, and master shot does really good damage imo.