Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default When should I ever use launchers over Additional Bullet?

I know there's some die-hard launcher fans on here, but I don't really see how they're useful. JAing them is very slow, which is my main complaint about them. Their PAs are also surprisingly short range for such a slow weapon. I figured you'd be able to bunker down and rain death on enemies, but none of its PAs reach that much farther than AB (except Divine Launcher).

To get a faster JA you can use Crazy Smash (without JAing it first of course). this might be more annoying to deal with if you don't have a lot of PP or Ketos PB, though.

The burst damage that cluster bullet can do makes it superior to addb in some situations (particularly bursts). rodeo drive is good in some situations but I've never been able to use that correctly and I'm not in a position to try atm, so that's not my territory.

GS is your bread and butter though. you might find other situations where you prefer cluster but that's up to your playstyle
    Arie | Ship 2 | Ignition | TA Guide (not made by me) | Inactive on this forum

On desert mechs mostly. You can hit mech weakspots using cluster bullet.
    Last edited by Coatl; Aug 2, 2013 at 01:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

When you want to see Persona bouncing around like a golf ball

Cluster Bullet - Malmoths, Micda types, Spardan types, spawn killing, and anything with their weakpoint that can be hit from above. It can also cover a wider range.

I exclusively use launchers when I'm on my Ranger. Rifle is only to apply WB. I don't mind the lower range on most of the PAs because I know I can kill things easily and fast with launcher. I do roughly 12x damage with my launcher vs my rifle(my rifle is horrible), but even before I got a decent Launcher my rifle was still weaker, in fact my rifles grenade shot was weaker than my launchers regular attack. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't mind the slower fire rate for the greatly increased power, great AOE and consistency at killing things. My Ranger is only level 47 so I am by no means a master at it yet ;D

With thanks to Gama

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    Cluster Bullet - Malmoths, Micda types, Spardan types, spawn killing, and anything with their weakpoint that can be hit from above. It can also cover a wider range.
    I usually use Thrillersplode on Malmos and micda. I could see value in potentially killing multiple when they're wider spaced out, but it still seems sketchy. Like if you were to misjudge the aim and have to fire two or three. Spardans take 2-3 ABs, which is still about as fast as JAing a launcher cluster

Perhaps I'm not practiced enough with them, but the pace of the game just doesn't seem favorable to them. The only thing I've liked out of my launcher so far is Flame Bullet's DPS on a downed boss.

Do you use Ra/Hu? This is only going to apply if you're not under-leveled nor under-geared as a Ra/Hu.
    For standard VH Malmoths and maybe Micdas, you'll need to JA. As for the Spardan types, you don't need to JA at all.

Using 2-3 ABs takes up more PP than 1 CB, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by GALEFORCE View Post
    I usually use Thrillersplode on Malmos and micda. I could see value in potentially killing multiple when they're wider spaced out, but it still seems sketchy. Like if you were to misjudge the aim and have to fire two or three. Spardans take 2-3 ABs, which is still about as fast as JAing a launcher cluster

Perhaps I'm not practiced enough with them, but the pace of the game just doesn't seem favorable to them. The only thing I've liked out of my launcher so far is Flame Bullet's DPS on a downed boss.
    Use Crazy Smash to get your JA out faster.
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

Cluster Bullet, Crazy Smash (for an easy JA) and Divine Launcher. These 3 pa's make launchers epic imo, clearing out mobs is extremely quick.
    PSO2 Characters

Kais (Male CAST) Ship 9 Hu62 Fi46 Ra53 Gu65 Fo6 Te1 Br36
    Lilith Reiger (Female Deuman) Ship 9 Hu42 Fi1 Ra1 Gu1 Fo20 Te45 Br56

Are we alive or just breathing?