• Screw'em both

13 37.14%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sega vs. Capcom

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    Company of Heroes, Warhammer 40K.
    :< I never played those before...

At least Capcom tries with great titles and classic ones, anyone seen the strider 2,5D game? and really, it's not new what they are doing with street fighter, there are like 20 or more versions of Street Fighter II, and If I was a hardcore SF4 player I wouldn't mind paying all the updates year after year, SNK did the same but changing stages, soundtrack, etc... now I hardly play them, at least not with friends like I did 15 years ago. Resident Evil yeah, 6 is ridiculous, but meh, the franchise died for me after Veronica/Zero.
    Both Capcom and Sega have tried and had risks with new and classic franchises, some with good results (Bionic Comando), others sucking hard (Golden Axe), but Sega seems to have thrown the towel, they had some great games, but as always they suck at marketing, or maybe the player base really does not enjoy great games like Yakuza, Binary Domain, Valkyria Chronicles or Vanquish, all of them awesome games with poor results in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    :< I never played those before...
    Then go grab some more new games to play with before adding them to your shelf Vinny.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    Then go grab some more new games to play with before adding them to your shelf Vinny.
    :P I wouldn't mind adding your Caseal to my shelf

Whichever you choose, you still lose.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    At least Capcom tries with great titles and classic ones, anyone seen the strider 2,5D game? and really, it's not new what they are doing with street fighter, there are like 20 or more versions of Street Fighter II, and If I was a hardcore SF4 player I wouldn't mind paying all the updates year after year, SNK did the same but changing stages, soundtrack, etc... now I hardly play them, at least not with friends like I did 15 years ago. Resident Evil yeah, 6 is ridiculous, but meh, the franchise died for me after Veronica/Zero.
    Both Capcom and Sega have tried and had risks with new and classic franchises, some with good results (Bionic Comando), others sucking hard (Golden Axe), but Sega seems to have thrown the towel, they had some great games, but as always they suck at marketing, or maybe the player base really does not enjoy great games like Yakuza, Binary Domain, Valkyria Chronicles or Vanquish, all of them awesome games with poor results in the west.
    I wouldn't count SNK in doing the same thing. Each year actual movesets changed even with most of the returning characters, and there were actual changes to the combat system with each one save a couple of Dream Matches that actually added previous fight systems together into one game, together. It's not comparable to the current Capcom releases. Arguably comparable to some of the earlier Capcom Releases save for certain iterations of SF2. But once Capcom got to SF4, they really took the minimalistic route.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Capcom has Ono trolling it up. I have been pretty pleased with the fighting games by Capcom so I give them a bye. If only because Sega has been fucking retarded for 14 years.

SEGA is pretty hit or miss on their games, and doubly so on Sonic titles... their PSO and all management has been atrocious (I wonder how it would be if SoA had been allowed to do more than install what they were given).

On the other hand, they seem to have gotten back on the ball with Sonic of late (Transformed, Generations), and when they put out something new it's usually good (Valkyria, Bayonetta).

Capcom is doing average as well, but they are SERIOUSLY fucking up with Megaman overall.

Both companies have issues with not localizing things.
    Coming Soon!

Not gonna lie, when I saw the topic name, I thought it was about one of those Capcom vs Whatever games. I'm disappointed that it's not the case.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Aside from PSO2
    -Internal snickering-