• Braver.

4 11.76%
  • They Both Have Their Pros And Con.

19 55.88%
  • Hunter.

11 32.35%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Braver Or Hunter Class?

Hey guys this is my first thread, so please don't bash me too hard for making a mistake.. I Actually have a feeling that I'm making one now.. (Wrong Thread)

But anyway, I'm here to ask for sole opinions on which class do they believe is combat effective. Melee wise I would like to believe that hunter would do the most damage. (I'd Be More Than Happy To Be proven Wrong)
    But on the other hand, Braver has both the capability of being melee and ranged attacks. But Possibly not dealing as much damage as the Hunter.

If we were to put a "Level One Hunter" and a "Level One Braver"in a identical mission and map. Who do you think would be most combat effective?
    Hunter?
    Or
    Braver?

I'm not going to talk about their overall effectiveness in the long run, but if you're trying to figure out which class would be better to start with I'd say braver, as the class starts with Just Guard (hunters have to get it from the skill tree) and bows are really good ranged weapons.

Once they level up and start getting skills though...? I'm not gonna get into that...
    Last edited by Kondibon; Aug 10, 2013 at 03:18 AM.

Hello! Welcome to PSOW!
    The overall english hub to all things Phantasy Star!
    We hope you enjoy your stay and make many new friends!

Hunter is deemed the best melee class and the best subclass. However, at level one, Bravers have just guard and speed on their side. Good early game but the Hunters will begin to outdo them with fury stance vs average stance.

Also, if someone has to bash a newcomer for these kinds of things, I think they need to get some fresh air and grab a slushy or something.

If you have any more random PSO2 related questions, be sure to check out the quick questions for quick answers thread! Have no fear for no question is a dumb one!
    Need a team? Give our PSOW Team thread a go and see if there's a team that interests you!

~Yoshiblue of FEZ's one man welcoming committee~

Braver. I agree with Kondibon on the "why braver" question, but I feel that there also is a "why not hunter" one. Hunters start out pretty weak because their strength is much more tied to their skill tree than it is for bravers, because a lot of their PAs are underpowered until they're level 11+, and because a considerable part of their late game efficiency lies in rare PAs that you'll generaly not be getting before hard mode, and that's if you buy them.

So yeah, at level 1, braver. At endgame though... well without bows the answer would be far more simple. But as it stands hunter is superior nevertheless IMO. More versatility and higher damage output in general.

Until Sega release more stuff for Braver, it's hard to recommend Braver over Hunter for late game. Unless you prefer fun over combat efficiency which you don't.

Otherwise early game Braver beats Hunter no contest.

Honestly, I like Braver more, but both have a distinct play style.

But yeah I also agree that Hunter is better for late game just because of more equipment to farm lol.
    DJMetals Ship 2
    BR/FI/HU

I would say hunter just because it's the best subclass for all other melee classes. Once you have a healthy amount into hunter, you could expand into braver/fighter and have a decent power boost already.

Quote Originally Posted by GALEFORCE View Post
    I would say hunter just because it's the best subclass for all other melee classes. Once you have a healthy amount into hunter, you could expand into braver/fighter and have a decent power boost already.
    i just correct this

"the best subclass of most classes"
    HU is excellent as a sub for FI RA GU BR

Both, but braver IMO if you go pure bow for endgame.

Overall, Braver is your fun class and is still new so we'll have to wait to see changes in the future. Hunters are brawlers of raw damage once you get your rare PAs and 10/10 Fury Stance.

Braver with hunter sub class is amazing.