Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    How about when you're charging up a heal and the party just run off?
    You don't heal the party if they're just running lol.

I usually only heal them if I'm ahead of them and they'll run into me, if we're fighting a ton of mobs anyway which means they aren't moving so much anyway, or if we're stopped somewhere else.

Main time I heal them is while fighting lots of mobs and there aren't already a lot of forces healing themselves (and thus everyone else).

By the way, using Cut-ins is bad etiquitte especially in autowords. Unless its for entering a new area one or something that happens rarely.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

If your party is running around with half hp get a talis, even a 1* piece of crap since resta is based exclusively off of your base and affixed tatk, and learn to lead your target.

Good PSO2 Etiquette:

1. Stick with the group.
    2. Don't bring NPCs into an MPA.
    3. Kill lotsa mobs a lot.
    4. Rez if you can.
    5. Don't overwrite a good WB placement with a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Good PSO2 Etiquette:

1. Stick with the group.
    2. Don't bring NPCs into an MPA.
    3. Kill lotsa mobs a lot.
    4. Rez if you can.
    5. Don't overwrite a good WB placement with a bad one.
    2 and 5 are related.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post
    When I play, I try to kill enemies as fast as humanly possible since less enemies means less stuff that can potentially kill you (and other players in your party or in MPA's in general). But doing so leads me to "hog-up" a lot of enemies in the process from other players (as in they're trying to kill a certain enemy but then I just butt in and kill it). Is this considered bad gaming etiquette or is it merely helping? Or maybe, in gaming, its kind of like a "first come first serve" basis: whoever kills first, kills first, therefore too bad for everyone else.

I suppose other poor gaming etiquette would be:

1) Not Healing the party if one's a Force.
    2) Being too reckless and dying too much.
    3) Not using Weak Bullet (I guess...).
    4) Spamming symbol arts.
    5) Not resurrecting other players.

...and others.... which I can't think of at the moment.
    Well.. For me, sometimes I'm quite moody in some kind of situation through monsters in the field, sometimes I like most of my party members to kill the monsters that I kill, sometimes I just boil inside whenever I'm using an attack that eats high PP (mostly Over End) then someone kills it before I slam the PA. Whenever this happens when I'm not in a good mood through a dungeon run, I'll just cancel my PA and head along letting them kill it since it gives me the "you are too slow at killing, gimme these mobs slowpoke" feeling xD. Well sometimes this type of situation can't be avoided for me, since I'm practically weak in-game anyways... xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post
    5) Not resurrecting other players.
    Eh... For this one sometimes on JP blocks either Falz or Vardha, most people just pass you by instead of helping a player who died, sometimes most players are just selfish reviving other players most of the time during these runs.

--And sometimes those players who do that fast movement when using Twin Daggers or Knuckles, it also give me the "slowpoke" feels as well... (Especially on Amaduscia and Sanctum Time Attack Areas where they steal your button spot or button that you are about to press.)
    Last edited by SakuRei; Aug 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM.

The only things that get on my nerves are when people rush ahead of the group, or if they spam SA. I rarely see players do either, but it's happened.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    The only things that get on my nerves are when people rush ahead of the group, or if they spam SA. I rarely see players do either, but it's happened.
    Rushing ahead in MPA can be bad because it can throw off spawns or cause no spawn at all. Not to mention the number of enemies.

Rushing ahead in TA's are fine if you do your job and the others know what
    to do if you are too fast for them to keep up with.
    Last edited by ~Aya~; Aug 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM.

Characters: 綾 / マリア / ID: AyakoTakahashi / Signature by Rock Eastwood~

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    This is annoying to me if it has no context or the symbol arts are used as Auto Words for mundane things like emergency codes and being revived.
    ...But I love those! They can be so amusing. Emergency codes not so much, on the other hand...

- Read the party title and comment before joining.
    - Follow the party leader.
    - Announce bosses and other important events during MPAs.
    - Exit burst when possible, and don't fuck up the exit burst by meleeing far away from the exit.
    - Be aware that you are playing a Japanese game and behave appropriately.
    - Use a telepipe when someone joins you mid-quest so they don't have to run across the whole map to catch up.
    - Don't randomly kick people from your party without saying anything.
    Quit PSO2

It's funny, I main FO so normally I'm the one bombing everything without letting the HU classes get close. I feel kinda bad that I'm not letting them get much action, and they just get to cleanup what the range classes leave behind.
    A bit recently I've been messing around with HU or BR, and in emergency-quest multi-parties, I'm now the one who can barely lay a finger on the enemies because of the FOs in the party. So I feel bad in a different way, because it's almost like I'm leeching.

In the end, I'm sure it doesn't really matter if one person hogs all of the kills , since exp/drops benefit everyone. So I'll just resume blasting away things whenever I'm using FO.

Since people are maximizing exp and drops, generally you want to;
    - Don't kill things when people are offscreen, since they don't get exp/drops.
    - Don't brind NPCs to multiparty areas, since they don't add to spawnrate.
    - Stick together, so the spawn is better. (You also kill faster)
    - If people want to Exit/Entrance burst, go to the appropriate location with them. To maximize spawn.
    - If there's a rare boss code, call it out to the multiparty so people can come to get credit/drops.
    - Wait for people to arrive to break boss crystals, especially from rare bosses (Hi Haze). Also maybe a bit of time for people to switch to lucky rise equipment.
    - Res people, unless they die a ridiculous amount of times, and you're trying to spread out your Moon usage throughout the quest. People need to be alive to get exp or loot, and sometimes S-Rank for a Client Order.
    - Don't override Weak Points. Slows down the kill, so it takes longer to move on to more things.

Those are the general things I think about for an efficient, and respectful run.

-----

By the way, I see lots of people mentioning Cut-ins being bad etiquette... (especially if auto-worded)
    Is this just a personal feeling? Or is this also felt by the majority (see, Japanese) of the PSO2 players?

I mean, I don't use them because I don't like overly drawing attention to myself, but I never found fault with players using them.
    I think it (or /toge) draw some pretty nice attention for some people calling out an Emergency Trial in a multiparty.
    (Usually there are only 0~3 people who would autoword a cut-in for an E-trial, but I guess if there were all 12 members of a multiparty doing one... it would be a bit jarring)

Or, do you guys simply mean over-using cut-ins? Like having them for screaming attack names while you battle, or for using hurt-sounds when your character gets hit? Cause I can see those being obnoxious, although I've never ran into anyone like that before.